Gpx2 Officially Have 64 Mb Of Ram

DaveC posted on Aug 4 2005 at 06:48 PM said:
Pulstar posted on Aug 4 2005 at 02:24 PM said:
w00t! THat means most Neo Geo roms no problem. I hope.  ;)
Yeah the memory will be close to enough, at least for Neo CD. The big question is not memory but if the system is even powerful enough to run it at a good speed with sound. NeoGeo needs 333 MHz on a PSP, this is only 200 so it will be tougher. If Cyclone and DrZ80 are used it may be possible with some frameskip and limited sound.
You keep saying this but you are forgetting it isn't only 200mhz. It is 200mhz plus something else which we don't really know what it can do. It might suck, but that remains to be seen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, the company I work for can go from testing to production units being rolled off the the assembly line within a month. Obviously going from design is going to take longer, but if you already have a tested design, and all you are doing is adding another 32mb of ram, then it'll probably only have limited testing after the addition (as everything else would have already been tested, so wouldn't be tested as thoroughly).

LHC posted on Aug 5 2005 at 12:04 PM said:
DaveC posted on Aug 4 2005 at 06:48 PM said:
Pulstar posted on Aug 4 2005 at 02:24 PM said:
w00t! THat means most Neo Geo roms no problem. I hope. ;)
Yeah the memory will be close to enough, at least for Neo CD. The big question is not memory but if the system is even powerful enough to run it at a good speed with sound. NeoGeo needs 333 MHz on a PSP, this is only 200 so it will be tougher. If Cyclone and DrZ80 are used it may be possible with some frameskip and limited sound.
You keep saying this but you are forgetting it isn't only 200mhz. It is 200mhz plus something else which we don't really know what it can do. It might suck, but that remains to be seen.
Yeah, the Geo emu on PSP is running on CPU only I thought. The GPX2 would have the help of the 2D chip. And there's more ram too.

the best emu to port for neogeo AES/MVS would be gngeo, its the fastest neogeo emu. For a CD port you should look at the Dreamcast version. I really hope that a nice neogeo emu will be released ;)

x68000 posted on Aug 5 2005 at 08:37 AM said:
snes was better at everything except shoot-em-ups

that wasnt too hard!!

and beat-em-ups ;)

if the gpx2 can run gradius III and the other SFC konami games at full speed with sound, then i'll be very happy.

oh and if you are a konami/capcom game fan then lets hope for x68000 emulation as these ports will blow the snes ones out of the water!

Back