Gpx2 Out Oct

rabbits with hats posted on Jul 28 2005 at 11:16 PM said:
And unfortunately Gpx2 will not run Gp32 software
Thank you again,,^^ "

quick somebody get to work on a GP32 emu for the GPx2.... ;)

personally I am over the moon like most of you, and hope the community backs the new GP as much as the old.

Last edited by a moderator:
"
/ NO / Subject / Drawing up it sleeps, / Drawing up one / Inquiry

2 The reply vowel customer proposal of the }gpx{2 against a most many question Manager 2005-07-29 31

Goodbye it does. The game green onion khu the hall ting su is. The customer field it asks most plentifully some branch preparation tried the reply regarding the question which.

1. Is the CPU why 200Mhz? 400Mhz It compares and it is slow too much, well! isn't?

The }gpx{2 currently is adopting, 200Mhz the CPU the different CPU (example: Samsung 2440 Sea li cu, Intel, the AMD back) it will compare and 2D eyk it will count, ley sprouts and and the eastern image accelerator decline it is a product which is affixed.
The CPU it will grow, that lek only speed it is quick, the printed style of writing eastern image or game is not quick to direct test to do, it came down a judgement.
400Mhz The CPU more it is quicker 200Mhz it selected rather far to inform as the CPU, it gives.

2. The decline which the USB hose sprouts why it isn't?

The }gpx{2 is the portable multimedia machinery and tools. The USB positivity it investigated a host function, is with war potential consuming problem and the hardware price rise VIP to do, it did unavoidably and this time pe in order to draw out, from before.
But, next term pe from before (under }gpx{2 tu at type and 2006 year latter half accomplishments) in order to put in this function certainly, the maximum promise it gives the fact that it will endeavor.

3. The t.v-OUT there isn't a function? The t.v-OUT function to put in!

To the basic hardware of the }gpx{2 currently there is not a t.v-OUT function. It follows but in positive proposal of customer everybody's, the accessory (example: The UART expansion function) it leads and positivity it investigates a t.v-OUT function.

4. Does the game of the }gp{32 go back from the }gpx{2?

Currently the }gpx{2 with the }gp{32 entirely different is produced with the OS and hardware. The game of existing }gp{32 support is impossible consequently to inform, it gives. But after }gpx{2 of the car gives positivity supporting a form game promise.

5. huyn Only color there isn't a machinery and tools hue? Different chromaticity to make!

The }gpx{2 inside color lifestyle of the machinery and tools still it is not to come to decide. Currently in opinion of many customer everybody's the product which is to come out with the photograph gets torn, test pe transfer it follows and pul the lac and the thread pe also the hue is in the process of investigating.

6. The place where the memory is 32 mega, it doesn't write too much?

The }gpx{2 currently the memory 32Mbyte, the NAND memory 64Mbyte (one part uses) with su pheyk is opened to the public with the OS from here.
But, it follows in opinion of customer everybody's and 64Mbyt with it is to in the process of positive investigating expanding.
The broad way common knowledge fact where the decision is born sooner or later it will lead and it will inform and and it will give.

The customer field all 100% it wants it cannot make the machinery and tools which the point true regret be to think, the game green onion khu the hall ting su from in order to make the personal portable machinery and tools which is cheap today! It is a night shift, ^ "

I can't help feeling that a lack of backwards compatibility is going to seriously hamper the GPX2. After all, there aren't likely to be any commercial games developed for it, so are we going to end up at square one, waiting for loads of stuff to be ported again? And if so, where is the incentive to buy another GP when PSP. DS, etc. are already similar performance and their scenes have a headstart?

If it had backwards compatibility, I would buy one straight away. For now, I'll keep my GP32...

The loss of BWC is probably due to it's new design, there are probably things in the new machine that don't correspond well to the old machine. So it's like trying to stick a SMS cart into a Genesis/MD slot (even if you could get it to fit it wouldnt read it right).

But maybe there's a possibility that they might reprogram the old games or maybe make sequels of some with some of the old code. It'd certainly be easier than redesigning the system to work with the old games because it sounds as if they made a very concious effort to improve the hardware but make it affordable from the horribly mangled answers I just read in Rabbits' last post.

From the looks of things they seem to have found thrie niche with hackers and coders and expect most of their sales to come from them and a few tiny developers who might want to jump on a small platformrather than try to work more complex machines like the PSP or even the DS.

DaveC posted on Jul 29 2005 at 06:58 AM said:
Sheng posted on Jul 29 2005 at 12:48 AM said:
if the emulators on GP32 will not work on GPx2.. I will have to wait and see how many emulators will be ported before I buy it...

Yeah and I fear many won't make the transition.

NES, GB, GBC etc will most certainly be done but what about Lynx, C64, Atari 800/5200, PC-engine?

I fear those will be left behind as they are not as popular except for PCengine but the devs of that emu have been gone for years.

Where do you live? I mean, where on earth was the C=64 NOT popular? :blink:

"but then the will only use the some more mhz, but several emus are allready almost fullspeed at 166, so at 200mhz or more (perhaps overclocking) the will be."

Point to consider, I should think, that it is somewhat likely, that the 200MHZ CPU may be much more powerful than 200MHZ overclock GP32 CPU, when considering MIPS, MFLOPS, and other things, that actually determine the raw power of any system. Some sort of (simple) benchmark utility should clear any doubts about the actual power, compared to GP32. Say, have both of the machines run 1+1+1+1 for a minute, and see which gets a higher number. (Might be a very high number... :ph34r: But the general idea is there...)

"What do you exactly mean "digital pad"?" The pad looks very analoque, someone was confused, apparently.

Alpha2 posted on Jul 29 2005 at 05:01 PM said:
The loss of BWC is probably due to it's new design, there are probably things in the new machine that don't correspond well to the old machine. So it's like trying to stick a SMS cart into a Genesis/MD slot (even if you could get it to fit it wouldnt read it right).

It is not exactly like that. The MD and SMS had completely different CPUs and sprite engines etc.

The GP32 and the GPx32 both have ARM CPUs so they are pretty close. It must have to do with linux and the lack of an SMC port. Fuck linux and give me my old stuff back. I can't play linux but I can play my emus. They could even have put in a SMC port as well as SD too.

Jarska333 posted on Jul 29 2005 at 05:19 PM said:
DaveC posted on Jul 29 2005 at 06:58 AM said:
Sheng posted on Jul 29 2005 at 12:48 AM said:
if the emulators on GP32 will not work on GPx2.. I will have to wait and see how many emulators will be ported before I buy it...

Yeah and I fear many won't make the transition.

NES, GB, GBC etc will most certainly be done but what about Lynx, C64, Atari 800/5200, PC-engine?

I fear those will be left behind as they are not as popular except for PCengine but the devs of that emu have been gone for years.

Where do you live? I mean, where on earth was the C=64 NOT popular? :blink:

C64 was popular but it is not as popular as an emu now. It is not updated very often and not too many talk about it.

The Gen/MD/SMS comparison is still relevent eitherway the games arnt going to work without some form of emmulation.

Also SMCs are so dead it's not even funny, Sure you can still find them way in the back of Radio Shack but they're getting more rare by the day. That you've been complaining about the possibility of the processors not being powerful enough seems kinda nuts to me that you'd think they would even concider a slot for an outdated card.

Still if they did eventually create a functional environment for GP32 games there's no reason they couldn't find a way to let you move the game to a SD card, though it might require a new authentication system.

Back