Polooo2, We Need You... :)

Prophet

God I'm old.
Website
Visit site
EDITED: OK, they posted the same stuff on the English side now. So polooo2 nevermind. :)

10  Gpx2 devboard video  admin  2005-09-01  107 

Dear consumers

We have put up a video to show the fantastic capabilities the Gpx2 can do.

You can watch the video in 320x240 or 640x480 under the Download section.

There may be some tearing in the sound however it is the camcorders fault, it will look perfect in person.

Thank you
Anna 

Here are the videos:

Big 640x480 version:
http://www.gpx2.com/pds/pds_view.asp?index...bunho=5&part=00
Small 320x240 version:
http://www.gpx2.com/pds/pds_view.asp?index...bunho=4&part=00

Sounds like there may have been some tearing or something in the videos (taken of a dev board) added to the Download section today (available in 320x240 and 640x480). It's the camcorder's fault, and it will look fine in person.

*I don't speak Korean and hereby absolve myself of responsibility for whatever gross inaccuracies the above post contains*

Yeah, it does seem like a standard "the real thing looks better in person so don't judge by what you see in this video" warning. Just wanted to be sure.

Everything looks pretty good though. The one thing that looks crappy is that green line along the bottom of the movie playback, seems to be some sort of decoding artifact - pethaps that's what they're talking about. But it's no big deal.

It probably should be said that the 'in-game' SMB Deluxe footage was just a looping title demo, and not actually two players playing. (There may not have even been one person playing; you don't even need the controls to be working to show what was shown...)

Still impressive to see a Linux GBC emu up and running full speed with minimal work.

craigix posted on Sep 1 2005 at 09:54 AM said:
The GBC emu was minimal work, I was there while they did it :)

-Craig

www.gpx2.com

Are you:

1) Signing your post with the wrong site? :)rolleyes:)

2) Pointing us to the English translation of the news (they were talking about sound clipping, not video tearing - see my previous disclaimer)? :)))

3) Planning a buyout of GPH's domain? :)o)

4) All of the above? :)blink:)

Last edited by a moderator:
TandeM posted on Sep 1 2005 at 10:31 AM said:
craigix posted on Sep 1 2005 at 09:54 AM said:
The GBC emu was minimal work, I was there while they did it :)

-Craig

www.gpx2.com

Are you:

1) Signing your post with the wrong site? :)rolleyes:)

2) Pointing us to the English translation of the news (they were talking about sound clipping, not video tearing - see my previous disclaimer)? :)))

3) Planning a buyout of GPH's domain? :)o)

4) All of the above? :)blink:)
Goof point.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty impressive they got a gbc game's dame run fullspeed, not fullscreen. Great idea of them to use how powerfull this device will be and to get more buyers of the device. :)

do i hear ironie? :)
well, it IS impressive, as the port of the emu didnt even take 10 minutes, right craigix?

Hmm the video of the movie running on the actual LCD shows a DEAD PIXEL in the lower left. Hopefully it is a fluke and not a sign of trouble like the PSP.

Otherwise it looks impressive for early stuff.

Back