Polooo2, We Need You... :)

Look if you have enough bandwidth that you can download 80 megs at any even remotely tollerable speed why should anyone care? It's more likely you'd download the 10 meg file anyway just because you can get it that much quicker.

I have 56k and it took me an HOUR to get the smaller file.

Maybe who ever made the larger file simply goofed in the encodeing and could have made it larger and a smaller files size but "oh well", atleast we're finally getting a good look at the tech in action, that's by far the most important thing.

reallynotnick posted on Sep 2 2005 at 05:28 PM said:
kbs IS the size of the file
I never said it wasn't. Are you okay? Are you thinking clearly? Please point out to me where I said that the bitrate of the file doesn't determine its size.

Also, I didn't think we were arguing.

And lots of the stuff you say flat-out isn't correct -- but not the kbps = file size. I never said it didn't. I'm talking about things like...
"then you divide the Kiliobits by 8 to the Kilobytes and yet again divide that by 1024 to get the MegaBytes. THATS the equation."
That's just um... completely incorrect. You can't divide any magnitude of a bit, especially not twice, and especially not to get a higher order of magnitude.

Last edited by a moderator:
LHC posted on Sep 1 2005 at 02:44 PM said:
Not that I doubt them, but a GBC emulator isn't really the best way of showing the power.

It's great to know how easy it was for them to port it though.

Its not realy a good idea to show the power of your console by, a. running a illigal emulator, but to make it worse for themselfs they have to show the power of the video prossesing by. b. showing a illegaly downloaded pirate version of a movie :/

atsnom posted on Sep 6 2005 at 02:00 PM said:
Its not realy a good idea to show the power of your console by, a. running a illigal emulator, but to make it worse for themselfs they have to show the power of the video prossesing by. b. showing a illegaly downloaded pirate version of a movie :/
You know what they say about making assumptions...

First off, emulators are not and can (hopefully) never be "illigal". Second, the ROM (Super Mario Brothers DX) is one that they very likely could have copied from their own purchased game pack. Third, how do you know (that's rhetorical; you don't) that they didn't buy the DVD of that movie and encode it themselves to put onto the GP2X?

errr........ cos it's not released on DVD untill December 13th ;)

Does that sound like a professional move to you ?

Don't get me wrong, im buying one as soon as its released, I cant wait.
All im saying is that its pretty dumb to use pirate material on there to advertise it ;)

i think its a very impressive video, ok not the movie part that much, cause we all allready know that this will be fullspeed. More the GBC part, just think about the first gp32 gbc emus, those where slow and it was much more work put into them, this one is allready fullspeed without using any optimisations
cant wait to see what craig shows us next and what the devs might do with this little thing,.

Back