Gplynx V0.4

tuskenraider2k

Certified Guru
Hello',

finally I could spend some time on my gp32 :)

I don't get rid of the flickering problem :-/.
But:

- it's faster :)
- All savegame problems are solved (?!)
- sound works better
- bugfixes

I think the sound works for some games in fullspeed.

f.e.: Chip's Challenge, Gates of zendocon, Klax
(with 156mhz, Frameskip 2 and sound set to "on with sync")

IT STILL FLICKERS !! But my gp32 still works and my eyes too ;)

Here it is:
http://www.pelle7.de/uml_index.php?open=emu

Very cool tuskenraider2k! I think I'm gonna have to give this a try tonight :)

P.S. Also, could I get you to PM me with your current email address? I need to get ahold of you.

wow! that is so cool.

i'll have to try it right when i'm home from university.

thanks.

Iorgy77 posted on Oct 24 2005 at 07:27 AM said:
Heh, and I thought your last release was perfect.

Will have to try this when I get home, thanks for your continued work on it. :)

same here, other than a few games not working, like Desert Strike, i thought it was perfect and what flickering are you speaking of, i played the hell out of this emu and don't recall any flickering, unless it was something really not that noticable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome, out of nowhere comes this update :) Thanks much for this, the best Lynx emu on a handheld :)

it runs better than the previous version, but my 2 favourite games still run a bit slow with sound and frameskip=0 at 160MHz:

Xenophobe and California Games.

frameskip=2 makes it blurry or somehow distorted, it looks not good at all, so i better turn audio off with these games.

btw. tuskenraider: are you planning to get a GP2x? :rolleyes:

I'm not surprised California Games runs a bit slow - the developers put a lot of effort into it because it was the launch title - a lot of scaling, scrolling, etc...

caddy77 posted on Oct 24 2005 at 05:59 PM said:
THANKS! Great to see the projekt is still alive. Ataris (Lynx & 800XL/XE) are my favorite Systems! :D

Same here, and add the ST to that too.

Nice one Tusken.

I have problems with it.... it acts like it's dectecting the blu.txt file and going into blu+ mode even though the file isn't there (at least, I assume that's what the file does, and I assume that's what the emulator's doing). At least, it looks like blu+ mode, 'cause that's the same thing DrMD does to my GP screen when I set it to blu+ mode.....

jmetal88 posted on Oct 24 2005 at 11:26 PM said:
I have problems with it.... it acts like it's dectecting the blu.txt file and going into blu+ mode even though the file isn't there (at least, I assume that's what the file does, and I assume that's what the emulator's doing). At least, it looks like blu+ mode, 'cause that's the same thing DrMD does to my GP screen when I set it to blu+ mode.....

It seems to be stuck in blu+ mode. I tried on a BLU+ and the screen is fine. On the BLU it is messed up.

Also the sound is stuttery and out of sync even with sync on. The previous version .03f seems a bit better as of now. The sound was synced better, didn't stutter and the screen flicker was not really bad.

I must say I'm really impressed with this latest release - Rampart now plays even better with much improved sound - the digitised speech is still slow, but much better than previously.

It's possible I didn't experiment enough witht the config on the previous version, but I seem to be able to get everything working better with this one.

Joust is now perfect - in my mind it's now the best version on the GP32 (unless you can overclock MAME enough to get the arcade version up to speed)...

Thanks again - no GPX2 for me yet...

DaveC posted on Oct 25 2005 at 01:20 PM said:
It seems to be stuck in blu+ mode. I tried on a BLU+ and the screen is fine. On the BLU it is messed up.

eww, thats bad. Glad I didn't put it on my main SMC over the old version.

So this version is good for BLU+ bad bad for those of us who have a standard BLU. Hope it's fixed soon.

Back