Atary Lynx Emu - Phandy V0.03

tuskenraider2k posted on Feb 27 2005 at 07:52 PM said:
Jipeah :) Two weeks ago I finally could code a bit again for my gp32.

It runs much better then v0.02! But sound doesn't work..

With 156Mhz many games run with fullspeed!
I hope I can apply the sound code again :) perhaps some games will work nearly perect :)

Greetings'

http://www.pelle7.de/uml_index.php?open=emu

This is awesome! If you can get the sound code going this will be permanent on my SMC for sure.

Thanks for the great update

Last edited by a moderator:
oh my god! thats fabulous news. i like the lynx very much!

fuck and i have to learn for my exam.....*copying files to my smc*

thanks very much!

edit:

just tried it and it runs awesome!
it is a bit dark, though, it could need an optiom for brightness/gamma correction.

and how can i press the option1 or option2 buttons? or aren't they emulated yet?

it' really impressive, even warbirds, the 3D flightsim, runs well :)

WAOUUU :) so great :) Many thanks for that work tuskenraider2k :)
I pray that APB is working fine ;p
I'll try it now ;p
& if you can work on a savestate possibility it would definitly correct the biggest mistake of one of the best Adventure around handled machine : Dracula (yeah there's no way to save!! which is quite strange for a long adventure game lol)
please keep up the great work in any cases :)

0-bake posted on Feb 27 2005 at 08:30 PM said:
it' really impressive, even warbirds, the 3D flightsim, runs well :)

GOD Warbirds is running fine???
damned I'm runing to play it now ^^

this Lynx emu will makes me so happy ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
xenophobe, blue lightning, gauntlet, rampage, slime world, apb, warbirds, rygar.....

even if some games are emulated on other systems, too, the lynx-versions are really the best ones. (like rampage, rygar and slime world).

FUCK YEAHHHH DUDE!!! The lynx is awesome, GP32 pulls out a surprise yet again!! Very excited to tool aroudn with this --- ohhh boy I love GP32 scene, there's really nothing quite like it!!

lynx is great, criminally forgotten system, I got one back in the day - thing was HUGE and sucked batteries like nobody's business but man, did the games look good and they were freakin' fun too. California Games still rocks - chip's challenge is madness.. slime world, ninja gaiden, electrocop. I am psyched to try the golf and baseball games.

thanks emu devver!, i hadn't expected to ever see this! you've made my day for sure..

Has anyone gotten this working? I tried, and when i click on the rom i want to play, it says file error and goes to reading the dirctory. I've tried both zipped and unzipped roms. They are in gpmm//Lynx; didn't see another spot to put em' in the readme. Is this the incorrect file structure? Damn, i wanna try this out so damn bad...

ne help would be appreciated

i haven't loaded yet so no clue if it works or not (maybe try tonight if there's time)

as for the sound issue.. well i could give two shits if the sound ever gets emulated properly. I mean, lynx was a great system, but for nearly all of the games released for it, the sound was TERRIBLE. I mean, not like they didn't have a capable soundchip or something in there but.. man.. whew. Slime World's music is so bad I want to vomit everytime i hear it. lots of games don't even have any BGM anyway

noteworthy exceptions - california games, klax (actually, the sound isn this game completely enhances the experience - kickass title music as well!!) and of course chip's challenge

Can't get games to work - I just keep getting FILE ERROR messages. I put my games in GPMM/HANDYGP - is this what you're supposed to do?

Also, its not compatible with BLU+ ... a shame!

Paul

you need the lynxboot.img file (lynx bios) ind the roms-folder (gpmm/handygp)
and i figured out that there has to be this pOrb thingy (actually only the gpmm/porb folder) otherwise there are file errors.

edit: and btw...a folder with zipped files take very very lomg to load, so be patient!

and i modified the autorun.txt to:

gui/.Helper/nWobbleRadiusX=0 no wobbling
gui/.Helper/nWobbleRadiusY=0 no wobbling
emu/handy/nScreenMode=8 default screen mode is 7, but this one is better and brighter
emu/handy/nAudioEnabled=0
emu/handy/nSkipFrameValue=0 above 156MHz no fs is needed
emu/handy/CpuClockSpeed=6 160MHz, 5 = 156MHz...and so on

but a more or less big problem is the missing "option 2" button, which is needed by some games (like slime world).....

Back