Atary Lynx Emu - Phandy V0.03

I wasted 3 hours on Chips Challenge last night, It was great. :D

Excellent work tuskenraider2k, I never owned an Atari Lynx, So never knew what to expect. But Phandy with Chips Challenge loaded, You`ll have to prise it from my dead hands. :p

Trooper

trooper posted on Feb 28 2005 at 09:46 PM said:
I wasted 3 hours on Chips Challenge last night, It was great. :D

Excellent work tuskenraider2k, I never owned an Atari Lynx, So never knew what to expect. But Phandy with Chips Challenge loaded, You`ll have to prise it from my dead hands. :p

Trooper

Chips challenge is also on the ST. That version works with sound so you may want to try that one too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool, Thanks DaveC i`ll give that a go.

Being an Amiga nut and not owning any kind of Atari (Except a wood veneered 2600 donkey`s years ago), This is atleast one of the games i missed out on, Until now that is. Yay! for emulation. :D

Trooper

Bingo Jesus posted on Feb 28 2005 at 07:31 AM said:
isn't the Lynx meant to be a feindishly difficult system to emulate? I seem to remember hearing that.

The lynx is in fact designed very similar to the Amiga (since it was made by the same team), the fact that it running as good as it is on the GP32 is marvellous. It would also bode well to the fact that Amiga emulation WOULD be possible if someone set their minds to it.

I still can't believe how good these games look. The scaling effects are amazing.

Great job, Thanks you for this excellent emulator.... Hope someday I can play my old games with sound but Hey.... I am not complaining !!!

TomVS posted on Mar 1 2005 at 08:00 AM said:
Great job, Thanks you for this excellent emulator.... Hope someday I can play my old games with sound but Hey.... I am not complaining !!!

Dont worry for now, it was only a first release and for a first release it was brilliant.

psj3809 posted on Mar 1 2005 at 09:07 AM said:
TomVS posted on Mar 1 2005 at 08:00 AM said:

Dont worry for now, it was only a first release and for a first release it was brilliant.

First release? I thought it was a fourth release, .01, .01c, .02 and now .03? Anyway it is cool to have.

White Demon posted on Mar 1 2005 at 06:01 AM said:
Bingo Jesus posted on Feb 28 2005 at 07:31 AM said:
isn't the Lynx meant to be a feindishly difficult system to emulate? I seem to remember hearing that.

The lynx is in fact designed very similar to the Amiga (since it was made by the same team), the fact that it running as good as it is on the GP32 is marvellous. It would also bode well to the fact that Amiga emulation WOULD be possible if someone set their minds to it.

Well no, that doesn't mean the Amiga is possible on the GP32 at a playable speed.

And the main reason this version is probably running faster is because it has no sound support. As soon as sound support is added in it will probably slow back down. I am still hopefull that someday it will run at this speed AND have audio then I would freak out :p

Tidus posted on Feb 27 2005 at 04:54 PM said:
Dracula (yeah there's no way to save!! which is quite strange for a long adventure game lol)

Dracula wasnt that long, once I figured out all the puzzels it was literally 20 or 30 minutes long, I kept thinking after I beat it that it should have had a second chapter like warning the villagers or something.

this release is really impressive and i think, it's not beeing far away from beeing perfect.
ok, sound could slow down the emulation very much, but i don't care too much about sound.

the most important thing in my opinion is the "options 2" button, because many games need it, like "blue lightning" and "slime world". but that shouldn't be too hard to solve, i hope :rolleyes:

funny that someone said blue lightning is fully playable. how can you complete some scenes without the turbo boost?

0-bake posted on Mar 2 2005 at 12:44 AM said:
this release is really impressive and i think, it's not beeing far away from beeing perfect.
ok, sound could slow down the emulation very much, but i don't care too much about sound.

the most important thing in my opinion is the "options 2" button, because many games need it, like "blue lightning" and "slime world". but that shouldn't be too hard to solve, i hope :rolleyes:

funny that someone said blue lightning is fully playable. how can you complete some scenes without the turbo boost?

Some of us do care about sound though. I don't play games without it, it just ruins it. That is why the SNES emu isn't used by me. I hope this will be decent speed with sound, we will see.

wait a minute, tusken raiders isn't just a musician?? wtf it's some kind of stupid star trek thing too? *heartbroken*

Alpha2 posted on Mar 1 2005 at 11:54 PM said:
Tidus posted on Feb 27 2005 at 04:54 PM said:
Dracula (yeah there's no way to save!! which is quite strange for a long adventure game lol)

Dracula wasnt that long, once I figured out all the puzzels it was literally 20 or 30 minutes long, I kept thinking after I beat it that it should have had a second chapter like warning the villagers or something.

The worst bit was going all the way through the game and then when you get to the end no-one believes a word of what you tell them because you haven't made enough notes in your diary. That and all the wall climbing (which was clearly added in the pad the game out).

J(ohn)

can't seem to download the latest version "The requested URL /progr/gp32/porb/download/phandy_v0b3.zip was not found on this server."

frolik posted on Mar 2 2005 at 05:11 PM said:
can't seem to download the latest version "The requested URL /progr/gp32/porb/download/phandy_v0b3.zip was not found on this server."

can't get it either... on your page its listed as 0kb

ups, I spelled something wrong in the filename :)

[ I am uploading a small bugfix, the autorun.txt wasn't loaded anymore.. :( ]

Back