is any body a christan and uses the gp32

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huxley again. As you can see, an agnostic could be equated to a weak atheist using the former definition. I use the latter. You seemed to be insistent that an agnostic would believe in a higher power - I only see that as an optional belief after reading the above.

Sorry, I seem to have trouble communicating. I believe agnostics should have the option to believe in some type of higher entity if they choose, just not part of any organized religion, and keeping an open mind about the universe. I guess this coulod be considered a "weak" agnostic along the same lines of a "weak" atheist.

agnostics believe that it's impossible to know. that's what 'agnostic' means... :)

and vishwa, your reasoning is creepy... you remind me of my friend who takes the bible literally... 'dinosaurs? ho ho ho, that's not in the bible etc etc'

'sanctimonious' is the word for you, i think... and it's not a good thing to be...

'I pray for you' indeed... :rolleyes:

Shit I might even read that book.If the library has it.I wouldn't part with my own money for it though.
You don't have to :) Theres some group of ppls that give the bible away for free... But I 4got what they are called.

'dinosaurs? ho ho ho, that's not in the bible etc etc'

Squirrels aren't either, and they exist. Dinosuars and sqirrels both go into the "beasts" category AFAIK... And about the millions of years between ppls and dinosuars: Who said that a day was 24 hours? "A day" could mean millions of years...

Anyways, heres an explanation of god that would work with all science today:

God is there. He was always there. One day he decides to have some fun and he makes a superdense particle (making sure that it is fromed in the right way to make ppls/sun bla bla) in 7 days. He explodes it: The Big Bang. He is in a 4th demention, and the universe is the surface of a 4D sphere (or whatever you'd call it) and he can do whatever he wants with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmmm.... do I just post and say that I'm an atheist? Or shall I continue adding to these debates.

Well, if you ask me, really nobody knows exactly what's gone on for the thousands of years before humans could figure out how to keep a history of themselves. I don't believe it was a deity that created the universe or created humans or control the ways of our world or anything like that. I don't like fundamentalists either, as they tend to force their beliefs on others and tend to be quite ignorant as to whether or not the world exists in ways other than how the Bible states.

If you really must know, I think Christianity, along with every other religion, is total BS. Well, not total, but they only serve the same purpose as the systems of beliefs that these religions now mark as mythologies: 1) They taught morals and values through stories and 2) helped to explain what could not be explained at the time.

And the reason why I believe China wants to impose Christianity onto its citizens is to keep control over its citizens. I doubt they truly believe Christianity works over Communists rule.

EDIT: Just to let you people know what the hell a satanist is. I hate when people get the definition of this word wrong.

Shit I might even read that book.If the library has it.I wouldn't part with my own money for it though.
You don't have to :) Theres some group of ppls that give the bible away for free... But I 4got what they are called.

'dinosaurs? ho ho ho, that's not in the bible etc etc'

Squirrels aren't either, and they exist. Dinosuars and sqirrels both go into the "beasts" category AFAIK... And about the millions of years between ppls and dinosuars: Who said that a day was 24 hours? "A day" could mean millions of years...

Anyways, heres an explanation of god that would work with all science today:

God is there. He was always there. One day he decides to have some fun and he makes a superdense particle (making sure that it is fromed in the right way to make ppls/sun bla bla) in 7 days. He explodes it: The Big Bang. He is in a 4th demention, and the universe is the surface of a 4D sphere (or whatever you'd call it) and he can do whatever he wants with it.
actually, somwhere in the bible, someone (can't remember who...damn it) mentioned dinosaurs. the word behemoth is used (i hope i spelled that right...)

The Bible is a book of parables that people put together designed to teach lessons. Nobody got swallowed by a fucking whale and lived, people. It's no more real than anything Aesop wrote. If you read the Bible and go, "hm, there's a point to that story," then great. If you read it and go "Jesus can you believe someone parted the Red Sea?" then you've missed the point completely. People who take the bible literally are not using their brains.

Everyday I try to do something nice for someone. Everyday I try and help people out, even when I don't feel like it. And when it comes down to it, if I die and there's some Hollywood version of Heaven where we all go stand in line and St. Peter reads through a book of my life, I got no problem with that. It's not going to have "wasted every Sunday by going and singing songs with a bunch of old people" written down in it, I guarantee you that. It's going to say, "guy who lived by the Golden Rule."

Here's something for you guys to debate -- did the terrorists who hijacked planes on Sept 11th, 2001 and flew them into buildings killing over 5,000 people go to "heaven"? They say yes.

As for your homosexuality question. I don't know where it is in the Bible, but I know how it phrases it. It says that a man should not lie in bed with another man. I'll be looking for an exact verse.
Yeah, but it says nothing about having sex with one.

As for your homosexuality question. I don't know where it is in the Bible, but I know how it phrases it. It says that a man should not lie in bed with another man. I'll be looking for an exact verse.
Yeah, but it says nothing about having sex with one.
Please refer to Flack's post above. The Bible is poetic and not literal. Just because it doesn't say "men shouldn't have sex together" does not mean it doesn't communicate the same point. Really, as definitions and languages change over time, parts of the Bible remain kind of universal; most people think of sex when they hear the words "lie down together".

But I don't even know if that's what the book says. Someone please enlighten us.

Someone please change the topic to "Christianity and Douglas Adams" please.

:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back