is any body a christan and uses the gp32

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah, they should just change it to "Chrisitanity VS. NssOne: The tale of a right-wing Atheist."
I'm left wing athiest, I was going to contribute, but there was a similar discussion on another forum that wore me out.

Note, however, that the comment I made on the first page was a joke and only done to create a flamewar =P

Last edited by a moderator:
is religion really important? millions of people live perfectly good lives not killing or stealing or coveting their neighbours ox or what ever without giving religion a second thought.
And isn't religion just afterlife insurrance.The I dont know if there is but I'm not taking chances branch of phillosophy?

Also funny how priests call their congregation a flock.As in to be lead like sheep?

Face it we are alone in a godless universe.
Just admit it you'll feel much better knowing that the good things you do are just because you choose to do them.
And that all there is is here and now.So you might as well make the most of it.

Because at the end of it all you'll just get the big GAME OVER sign and the imortal legend INSERT COIN TO CONTINUE and you'll reach for your pocket already knowing all thats in there is a fluffy sweet!
And all this will be just before the grumpy smelly chainsmoker behind the change counter comes an turns off the machine wiping your hi-score!

Just admit it you'll feel much better knowing that the good things you do are just because you choose to do them.

Because at the end of it all you'll just get the big GAME OVER sign and the imortal legend INSERT COIN TO CONTINUE and you'll reach for your pocket already knowing all thats in there is a fluffy sweet!
And all this will be just before the grumpy smelly chainsmoker behind the change counter comes an turns off the machine wiping your hi-score!
doesn't sound like you feel so much better...

the guy who runs my shop has a machine which saves everyone's hi-score for eternity, and when you run out of cash he points you to another room which contains all the arcade games ever made... even ones from the future, all set to free play :)

when i get there, i'm gonna whup einstein's arse on streetfighter 2 (but i suspect he'd be a better gauntlet player than me. hehehe)

who's idea was this? using an arcade machine metaphor? damn... :p

Many words are spoken when theres nothing to say.

"This people honoreth me with their lips;
But their heart is far from me.
But in vain do they worship me,
teaching as their doctrines the precepts of men."

The Bible is my favorite book.

Some in this thread, saying they are atheists probably live more christianity than others, who label theirself christ and don't know what it mean. Don't get me wrong, I belief that doubt is a virtue. But I don't mean christianity à la Ned Flanders. I mean that "love your brother like yourself" thing, including that you learn to love yourself first (I don't mean masturbation).

Labelling yourself a Christian/Jew/Muslim/whatever really only means you consider yourself apart of a group of people who also call themselves [insert title], does not necessarily mean they do happen to follow the ways of that title. I guess in many many many ways I'm technically Christian, but I do not like such a title, as I do not believe that Jesus was my savior or that he died for my sins or that he was in any way the son a divine being. But my way of life is incredibly similar to that of a common Christian, so I almost fit the requirement for being called a Christian due to the major Judao-Christianly influenced ways of life we live by in America.

Labelling yourself a Christian/Jew/Muslim/whatever really only means you consider yourself apart of a group of people who also call themselves [insert title], does not necessarily mean they do happen to follow the ways of that title. I guess in many many many ways I'm technically Christian, but I do not like such a title, as I do not believe that Jesus was my savior or that he died for my sins or that he was in any way the son a divine being. But my way of life is incredibly similar to that of a common Christian, so I almost fit the requirement for being called a Christian due to the major Judao-Christianly influenced ways of life we live by in America.
You are a Christian if you believe that Chirst died for our sins... it has nothing to do with what ur family, or anyone else believes.

doesn't sound like you feel so much better...

the guy who runs my shop has a machine which saves everyone's hi-score for eternity, and when you run out of cash he points you to another room which contains all the arcade games ever made... even ones from the future, all set to free play :)

when i get there, i'm gonna whup einstein's arse on streetfighter 2 (but i suspect he'd be a better gauntlet player than me. hehehe)

who's idea was this? using an arcade machine metaphor? damn... :p

Lol, thats great. if you were famous that would b printed in the front of Bibles for the next 20 years :).

Most Americans are labeled Christian just because we live in America. Yes, a true Christian means you believe Jesus died for your sins and all that crap, but pretty much every white person in America is presumed to be Christian. I was mainly trying to point out that the world generally percieves certain types of people as being members of certain religion without knowing for a fact whether or not they are. I really don't know what you added to my statement before because you said the exact same thing I said in the original post. But most of us live in a Christian-influenced society and by a Christian way of life in America. So by that, people like to assume you're Christian as well.

The more might, the less faith.

True, americans must label theirselfs christs/jews because of society. That is the reason why people who make some deeper thoughts tend to dislike this two faced "faith". For example: If you are a politican in america and like to reach for the might you have to show your faith in god. A person who beliefs in god and prays is a trusty one. Go to the church sundays, one hand at the bible on the other the first lady & make sure it runs primetime. Is that what you meant with Christian way of life in America?

I find it hard to imagine how awful hell must be (as I believe) for people who have not accepted Christ. Imagine a place with fire, and creatures nawing on you burnt skin and longing for a single drop of water; and imagine... that you have to be there forever. Just think about that for a second and let it sink in. Forever. Try to imagine what forever with no hope of ever leaving must be like in a place like that. Now, I'm not one of those people who is going to try to scare you into my religion but I'm just saying that I feel the utmost pity for you if you choose to ignore this.
And isn't religion just afterlife insurrance.The I dont know if there is but I'm not taking chances branch of phillosophy?
You can't follow a religion "just to be on the safe side" because that is not true faith. I do sometimes tell people though "If I'm wrong and there is no afterlife, then there are no consequences for me. If your wrong and there is an afterlife like I believe, then there are some serious consequences for you". Like I said though, you can't pretend. It makes me feel restless and sad to know that most people are never going to change thier minds and that I can't do anything about it because I would never want my worst enemy to go to hell. One more thing, God doesn't "send" people to hell. That is competely up to the person.

For any Christian person that reads this, I would like you to post your testimonies of miracles you have seen. I have 3; 1 that I believe God actually used me in, and 2 other that I was simply involved in. The first that I will tell is just among my family and it happened when I was about 6, the others are about a private Christian school I attended from 3rd to 9th grade, and I'll tell you about one of those.

Anways, when I was about 6, I went to an arcade with some friends and as I was finishing up and I had a bunch of tickets. I walked over to the counter and I didn't see anything and I almost left; but then, I looked at the bottom of the case and saw something I had not seen before. They were these little ceramic angels. Again, I almost left (I figured I would just save my tickets for next time), but something inside just kept telling me "Buy them, you might as well". So I bought them with the intention of giving them to my mother. I got home and I went to my mother and gave the angel to her. She hadn't been feeling good (she suffers from a moderate case of depression) that evening and she burst into tears. I asked her if she was alright and she said she was fine. I asked why it was she was crying and she said "I was feeling really down earlier and I asked God to send me an angel to help me".

The other, although not as touching to me as the first, are still miracles to me none the less. These both involves the private school I mentioned.

So, this school was and still is having a lot of financial problems because they can't accept federal funding without having to follow thier guidelines. Anyway, a building had been donated to the school (which is a miracle in itself because they had just the last year run out of room in thier previous building), and we were rennovating it. They had used all the money allocated to this part of the project and they were in need of a somewhat expensive tool which they did not have. So, they prayed about it. Not a half an hour later, they removed a ceiling panel and there, lying on a beam, was the exact tool they needed.

I find it hard to imagine how awful hell must be (as I believe) for people who have not accepted Christ. Imagine a place with fire, and creatures nawing on you burnt skin and longing for a single drop of water; and imagine... that you have to be there forever. Just think about that for a second and let it sink in. Forever. Try to imagine what forever with no hope of ever leaving must be like in a place like that. Now, I'm not one of those people who is going to try to scare you into my religion but I'm just saying that I feel the utmost pity for you if you choose to ignore this.
oh, no you dont sound like somebody who would ever try to scare somebody into religion. Not at all.

Last week, I asked for Barcelona FC to score a goal, and guess what happened a minute later........ something called coincidence.

I would find it hard to imagine a great god up there responding to prayers about needing a screwdriver or whatever, and at the same time allowing millions of devoted Christians to die of Aids in Africa, because they were told by their churches that contraception will send you to hell.

But i suppose it is the same god that drowned the entire human population, bar two, and the same god that is willing to send his people to Hell for not believing in him, when he could just come down to earth and prove his existence, except for one thing, the fact that he doesnt exist! (btw... i know that people say that the bible should not be taken literally. Although they only seem to say this as soon as a part of it is disproved, or finally seen as ridiculous)

I was trying to keep out of this conversation, but failed when i read this account of Hell.

Yeah, that was pretty sad starwarsnerd. That's just one of many beliefs of what hell may be like. I kind of believe in an afterlife, but only that the afterlife fits to how you lived your life on Earth. I don't believe it's little demons trying to bite my skin off while I roast in flames, unless that was the afterlife fit for you. Oh yeah, then the Boogie Man goes and kills Santa Claus.

Some people need to understand the difference between fundamental, literal intepretations and the mataphorical interpetations of religious stories. They were to give people directions in life and explain the things nobody had enough knowledge to explain at the time. That's why so many stories of what the afterlife may be are so similar (like how similar Hades is to the stories of Hell).

I have so far been quite vocal in this forum but I dont think I have made myself clear.I would love to believe in something!!

But however hard I look at the various faiths that I come across I see nothing but contradictions.

For example take the fourth crusade when roman christians went and slaughtered greek christians over a slight difference in their doctorines.

So roman christins set out convinced of their righteousness in gods name and kill a load of other christians who are sat at home minding their own bussiness.

Who is right? Both groups follow the same god and are convinced that they follow him in th correct way.

Do the roman christians go to hell as murdering bastards? Or to heaven as righteous soldiers of god?

And what of the greeks do they go to heaven as devout followers who have suffered for their faith or to hell for the aleged sins that so angered the romans sensibillitys to start with.

Yeah you sure arn't trying to scare us into christianity :rolleyes:

If a God exists and he casts you into eternal suffering even if you lived a good and moral life JUST because you are not christian, God is an ass.

Imagine a place with fire, and creatures nawing on you burnt skin and longing for a single drop of water; and imagine... that you have to be there forever. Just think about that for a second and let it sink in. Forever.
who told you that? how do they know? :blink:

you could always try this test for a second opinion... :)

http://www.4degreez.com/misc/dante-inferno-test.mv

i'm going to the second level of hell where my spirit will be whisked around and molested by whirlwinds for all eternity... that's what you get for visiting nekkiditalianchicks.com too many times... :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back