is any body a christan and uses the gp32

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
I pretty much learned all I needed to about organized religion in high school.

All the "goodie" popular kids in my school all went to the same church. I would see them at all the same parties I went to on Saturday nights. Most of them drank more than I did, and even drove themselves home. Sunday morning though, THEY went to church and asked for forgiveness, while I "was going to go to Hell" because I didn't go to church and ask for forgiveness -- even though we all did the same thing Saturday night.

MOST of the Christians I know and have met are the biggest hypocrites ever. One friend of mine got onto me for playing the lottery, saying that the Bible states you're not supposed to gamble. Of course, when he was broke he ended up playing Bingo all the time, "because the Lord doesn't want him to starve!" It's always the same with "those people". If you try and do right you are a bad person, but they can be complete assholes and then ask for forgiveness and they are better than you. And believe me, they'll let you know it.

If you remember karma (the idea that doing good things brings good back to you and doing bad things brings bad back to you) and the golden rule (do unto others) I think you can go a long way in life. That's *my* religion. I'd much rather help someone out than snub them and then be sorry about it later.

If you want to really see what so-called Christians are about, ask anyone who's ever worked in a restaurant on a Sunday morning. I have. The Sunday morning church crowd was without a doubt the loudest, rudest, messiest, non-tipping group of people we had consistantly each week. That really tells you something about those people.
Bingo. I find that regardless of my mood if I stay happy and just try to get on with everyone It usually pays back. I'm just worried that one day I'm going to crack and go off the rails from all of the supressed rage, but like I'm doing now in off topic.

Last edited by a moderator:
technically i'm a cristian, but don't believe in all that crap so......
So technically you are not....

Its like some dude I met in a bar once. He said he was a Christian but didnt beleive in God...... But he said he liked organised Relegion - are you the same "type" of Christian as him?
i just mean that i've been baptised and so on, but that's all, i don't go to church, and don't think of myself as a cristian either
all religion is pure nonsense, it was nice in the middleage to prevent crime, if people thought horrible things would happen when they did something wrong, there's no better way to stop crime if you haven't got acces to modern technology, but in this age it's completely useless....
ok, maybe to help people who need help, but the church doesn't want to play such a passive role, they really want to control peoples lifes, and so on, that's just BS, saying people not to use condoms is a crime, and in stead of helping people who need support telling them what's gonna happen if they use a condom is so wrong, it might have been good a century ago, but welcome to the 21st century i would say

i would recomend EVERYONE read the bible, EVEN if you don't believe it there are still some funny and violent stories in it. christians aren't just a bunch of hypocrites, the ones who are newish to the church and/or have little understanding of the bible are. i know some fun christian people, sure we sin, but, we regret and repent (most of the time...:)).

christians can eat pigs and whatnot because jesus came and changed many rules, jews don't eat the "dirty" foods.

christians aren't just a buncha "grand-theft-auto-is-bad" people, i kindof agree, that is a HORRIBLE game, fun, but horrible.

P.S. i'm a christian ;)

I recon that vice city hasnt got enough driving its all about shooting and its really hard to target.

That payback looks good tho.

I'm surprised no one here said agnostic. Just to refresh everyone's memory, agnosticism is a belief in some type of supernatural force which governs, or makes up the universe, yet subscribes to no particular religion. Atheism is the lack of belief whatsoever. An atheist believes that when we die, we just cease to exist. Call me a coward, but I am not ready to believe that. Additionally, I believe something beyond reality created the universe.

So I am agnostic, leaning more towards christanity because I was brought up a christian. The main reason I am agnostic is because I agree with half of the bible, but not the other (and more absurd) parts.

Atheist here. I have nothing against religious people (I work with a Christian and a Muslim), as long as they don't preach to me. I do believe gays/lesbians should be aloud to marry though. Is this down to religion or society?

Most Christians eat animals. The Bible states that the "Fish and the Grain" are for eating, not a cow. (I feel it is okay to say this, as I am a vegetarian and not a Christian)
Ehm... but you're not a Veggie if you're eating fish what is an animal.
I never said I eat fish. It is an animal. VEGETARIANS DON'T EAT FISH! You are not a vegetatarain if you eat fish, or anything like gelatine.
Yeah okay, but you said it's okay for you that they ate fish, right? :blink:
Sorry we seem to have our wires crossed. I was saying that the Holy book they follow says no animal other than fish can be eaten, yet Christians still eat them all. But I believe eating fiash is wrong.

Most Christians eat animals. The Bible states that the "Fish and the Grain" are for eating, not a cow. (I feel it is okay to say this, as I am a vegetarian and not a Christian)
I never said I eat fish. It is an animal. VEGETARIANS DON'T EAT FISH! You are not a vegetatarain if you eat fish, or anything like gelatine.
Sorry we seem to have our wires crossed. I was saying that the Holy book they follow says no animal other than fish can be eaten, yet Christians still eat them all. But I believe eating fiash is wrong.
no, the OLD testament there was a rule like that, jews believe in the old testament and still hold to that rule, christians don't obey that rule becuase we believe that jesus came, changed many rules (being God and all ;)) and died for everyones sins, even if you don't believe in him, he still died for your sins. SO IN YOUR FACE :lol:

I'm surprised no one here said agnostic. Just to refresh everyone's memory, agnosticism is a belief in some type of supernatural force which governs, or makes up the universe, yet subscribes to no particular religion. Atheism is the lack of belief whatsoever. An atheist believes that when we die, we just cease to exist. Call me a coward, but I am ndy tot reao believe that. Additionally, I believe something beyond reality created the universe.

So I am agnostic, leaning more towards christanity because I was brought up a christian. The main reason I am agnostic is because I agree with half of the bible, but not the other (and more absurd) parts.
Incorrect.

As an agnostic who follows a roughly Buddhist way of life, I can tell you that agnosticism is the 'lack of belief' you attached to atheists. Atheists are defined as believing that there is no higher being, as their name suggests. (A - none, the - diety). IMHO atheism makes little sense as it is unprovable that no higher being exists. However, it is a lot more likely that no higher being exists than that it does, so to my mind atheism still makes more sense than Christianity.

Generalnmx, you are a Christian it seems, just a lax one. You are correct about the afterlife part: atheists generally believe that, and agnostics just keep their options open.

no, the OLD testament there was a rule like that, jews believe in the old testament and still hold to that rule, christians don't obey that rule becuase we believe that jesus came, changed many rules (being God and all ;)) and died for everyones sins, even if you don't believe in him, he still died for your sins. SO IN YOUR FACE :lol:
Well, Genesis 9 Verse 3 explicitly says that you are allowed to eat animals:
"Every moving thing that lives shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things."

However, it is a lot more likely that no higher being exists than that it does, so to my mind atheism still makes more sense than Christianity.
Well, speaking about statistics, I think you cannot say it is more like that a higher being exists. And as I plan to begin studying physics I can tell you that almost all [phsysics] professors believe in a higher being...

I'm an athiest and beleive that organised religion is causing our society to crumble.

Thats just not true. Did you know that China, seeing the succes what the roots of Christianity have done for the US, is now encouragng this religion, not because they agree with it but instead because they hope it will help thier country to prosper.

I do believe gays/lesbians should be aloud to marry though. Is this down to religion or society?
Fine by me. If you have'nt already figured it out, I am indeed a Christian. Heres what I ask ask. Call it something different than "marriage". Marriage is between a man and a women; not a man and a man or a woman and a woman.. Is that so hard. I still wouldn't completely (especially moraly) approve of it, but I am not on this earth to try to make decisions for other people.

Crusades, Holy Wars. Doesn't it tottaly contridict "Thou shalt not kill"?

You point me to one place in the Bible where it says Homosexuality is a sin. I dare you.

Did you know masterbation is a sin? Letting the seed spill on the ground? All Sodomy is a sin. Using a Condom is a sin.

I'll answer 2 of these questions. Killing refers to murder. I hate Christians that walk arougn protesting war saying that that is not what God wants. If you do actually read the Bible, you'll find that God gave his people many advantages to let them crush thier enemy (the Ark of the Covenant). Now does that sound like a God that would encourage his followers to cower instead of fighting for thier lives.

As for your homosexuality question. I don't know where it is in the Bible, but I know how it phrases it. It says that a man should not lie in bed with another man. I'll be looking for an exact verse.

Anyway why worry about it statisticaly you dont exist and were not having a discussion on this forum. And here goes for why if I can remember ah yes........the universe is infinite and the total number of planets with life on them that can be proved is 1(ours) and since the result of dividing infinity by any finite number is as near to zero as makes no difference then the population of the universe is zero.
Now if we take this one step further then we have to assume that infinity divided by the number of gods tha we can prove (zero since you cant prove god exists unless the huge hand from the sky has been captured apeared on a live news broadcast lately) that means that the number of gods in the universe is also zero..............but wait oh no shit but we are here so that means that perhaps ..........aaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway why worry about it statisticaly you dont exist and were not having a discussion on this forum. And here goes for why if I can remember ah yes........the universe is infinite and the total number of planets with life on them that can be proved is 1(ours) and since the result of dividing infinity by any finite number is as near to zero as makes no difference then the population of the universe is zero.
Now if we take this one step further then we have to assume that infinity divided by the number of gods tha we can prove (zero since you cant prove god exists unless the huge hand from the sky has been captured apeared on a live news broadcast lately) that means that the number of gods in the universe is also zero..............but wait oh no shit but we are here so that means that perhaps ..........aaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So you didn't see the giant hand on Sky news this evening???? :lol:

Well I think that settle it then. ;)

Again, the bible contridicts itself.
no, not at all. when the christians were killing it was usually (if not always) for
God. i'm not saying that they would stab some average joe on the street and say "it was for god!". they would kill a ruler or that was leading them astray from God. there is a difference in just killing for "fun" and killing for a purpose. its like the difference between an army sniper and the one that was terrorizing a city in the U.S.A. :rolleyes:

Again, the bible contridicts itself.
no, not at all. when the christians were killing it was usually (if not always) for
God. i'm not saying that they would stab some average joe on the street and say "it was for god!". they would kill a ruler or that was leading them astray from God. there is a difference in just killing for "fun" and killing for a purpose. its like the difference between an army sniper and the one that was terrorizing a city in the U.S.A. :rolleyes:
But the bible preaches forgiveness, surely the assasin as a christian would have just stopped got down on his/her knees and prayed for the idividual and asked god to forgive the target.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back