• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited by a moderator:
Frequently Encountered Criticisms in Evolution vs. Creationism (really, read it; it's interesting)

I rest my case.

(and stop quoting incorrect/simplified/outdated science, people!!!)  :angry:
Creation is just a story in my opinion, like most things in the old testiment. I dont think its supposed to be taken literally like a lot of Atheists think its meant to.
... but the problem is...

a lot of christians think it *is* meant to...

...i'm hoping they're in the minority... but i know one guy who does really believe the earth was created 6,000 years ago... and that american thing where some fundamentalists were trying to get the teaching of evolutionary theory banned in schools...

... and the argument that because people kill each other in the name of god therefore god doesn't exist just doesn't hold water... just because people are assholes doesn't mean god doesn't exist, or that god (and i see him mostly as a she :) ) is an asshole too ;)

hehehe... i love talking religion... i've had true religious experience (unlike some who have simply been brainwashed into one group or another since birth) , so i really feel like i know what i'm talking about :p

papapopalung out...

EDIT: i readily admit the possibility that i'm totally wrong about the whole god thing... a gnostic agnostic pantheist is the best way i can describe my religious beliefs... but don't you just hate it when people ask 'what religion are you? catholic or protestant?' umm... neither?

Imagine a place with fire, and creatures nawing on you burnt skin and longing for a single drop of water; and imagine... that you have to be there forever. Just think about that for a second and let it sink in. Forever.
who told you that? how do they know? :blink:

you could always try this test for a second opinion... :)

http://www.4degreez.com/misc/dante-inferno-test.mv

i'm going to the second level of hell where my spirit will be whisked around and molested by whirlwinds for all eternity... that's what you get for visiting nekkiditalianchicks.com too many times... :p
This test is such crap.

Some of these I can't even answer correctly, especially the one asking "Do you repent your sins?' What if I don't have sins to repent? 'Do you have any pagan belief?' Only in your eyes, you idiots.

Imagine a place with fire, and creatures nawing on you burnt skin and longing for a single drop of water; and imagine... that you have to be there forever. Just think about that for a second and let it sink in. Forever.
who told you that? how do they know? :blink:

you could always try this test for a second opinion... :)

http://www.4degreez.com/misc/dante-inferno-test.mv

i'm going to the second level of hell where my spirit will be whisked around and molested by whirlwinds for all eternity... that's what you get for visiting nekkiditalianchicks.com too many times... :p
This test is such crap.

Some of these I can't even answer correctly, especially the one asking "Do you repent your sins?' What if I don't have sins to repent? 'Do you have any pagan belief?' Only in your eyes, you idiots.
it's just a bit of fun, nss one :p

I dont think its supposed to be taken literally like a lot of Atheists think its meant to.
I take it very literally. And, some of these "coincidences" are just a little to strange to be just that. God hears all prayers if you believe like I do, so no prayer is too small for him. One thing many Christains even have to learn is that God always answers prayers, but you cant always expect the answer to be yes.

Ok, so maybe my act wasn't very convincing but I really wasn't trying to be that way. That's just the way I see it. Again, God doesn't send people to Hell, that's your choice, and it is not a very hard choice to make. After all, believing that systems of life just came about by accident takes a lot more "faith" than to believe things came about by a master plan. God wiped out life in the flood because Noah and his family were the only folks that had not been corrupted. As for the Crusades, there is no defense for that. Human beings wage wars against other groups they don't agree with. It will always be that way. Remember this. God doesn't hate people, God hates sin. And, I think the interperetation of Hell is meant to be taken literally. I'm assuming everyone knows enough about the Bible here to know that Hell wasn't created for people, but for Lucifer and later for his "followers". By "followers", I don't mean you worship Satan directly, but by not accepting God, you are doing as Satan wishes. I don't think God is the sarcastic kind and so when I hear "lake of fire", I think "lake of fire". Sometimes I wish that God would make himself more obvious too to make my job as a Christian easier. Before I leave this thread, I just want to say one more thing concerning the "Why this religion and not that one" issue. When you look at religions in comparison, Christianity makes more sense. Look at the Catholics who somehow find the mother of Jesus to be more important than Jesus himself and the the Muslims who follow a book that instructs them to kill all the homosexuals in the world. God is all around you and he does make himself obvious occasionally but you have to pay attention. Obviously, I doubt I'm going to convince anyone here but if I hadn't tried, I'd be a wortless hypocrite so I guess I'll be heading back back to the USA Politics.

*sigh* This thread is still rolling on?

The Bible was most probably writted by some demented retard who drank too much alcohol, or consumed some other mind altering drug. Noahs ark is impossible, due to the amount of animals that would have to be on it, and the plant life, and the bacteria, and all the other microscopic organisms. and the only way it can be made possible is if evolution was true, since a lot of the life that wasnt on the boat would cease to exist, and yet the biodiversity of this planet numbers in the billions, which according to the bible, is not possible. A contradiction, one of many.

The reason why the bible is not specific is because its all part of an elaborate scam. Think John Edwards - Crossing Over, or any other cold reader, and you'll get the idea. The information in the bible is vague so it can be interpreted easily, therefore still making it beleivable to many people, even after all these years, but upon closer inspection, and after much scientific study, most of the books content is just plain bullshit.

The biggest problem I have with the majority of organised religions is the fact that around 80% of them are used as a form of control. State and religion were joined for a reason you know, to scare the people into conforming to what the leader thinks is right, warping the original texts to suit his own agenda. It still happens today, with cults like the Church of Scientology, who basically cheat money out of people by getting them to beleive the texts written by someone who was (officially) insane.

If people can be led to beleive in the COS, and forget that the "leader" was a nut job, why cant the same be said with christianity?

NOTE: Organised religion != religion. I dont care what you beleive, and if having a beleif of a higher power somehow comforts you, then fine, but joining an organised religion is one step closer to losing control over yourself, and in my opinion, that makes you a weak person. Hate me all you want, your religion may or may not allow it, but if you take the mythical texts of your religion literally, I would be better off not getting to know you.

EDIT: I really should proofread.

I did that test and the god botherers wont be surprised to find that

Sixth Level of Hell - The City of Dis

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You approach Satan's wretched city where you behold a wide plain surrounded by iron walls. Before you are fields full of distress and torment terrible. Burning tombs are littered about the landscape. Inside these flaming sepulchers suffer the heretics, failing to believe in God and the afterlife, who make themselves audible by doleful sighs. You will join the wicked that lie here, and will be offered no respite. The three infernal Furies stained with blood, with limbs of women and hair of serpents, dwell in this circle of Hell.

is my final destination.

No sweat I once went to weston super mare on holiday so that should be a piece of piss at least it'll warm and dry!

Oh and by the way I looked up Dante"Dante Alighieri. Italian poet, born at Florence, 1265; died at Ravenna,
Italy, 14 September, 1321."

So he was an Italian catholic in the 13th centuary hmmmmm so this was a work of fiction and not some religious text.Cant say I'm quakeing.This is like someone 700 years from now saying you'd better be good or pinhead and freddie will get to go medieval on your ass.This is lame beyond belief

I did that test and the god botherers wont be surprised to find that

Sixth Level of Hell - The City of Dis

See you there!

Oh and by the way I looked up Dante"Dante Alighieri. Italian poet, born at Florence, 1265; died at Ravenna,
Italy, 14 September, 1321."

So he was an Italian catholic in the 13th centuary hmmmmm so this was a work of fiction and not some religious text.Cant say I'm quakeing.

Yeah, it was just a novel really. He didn't invent Hell though, just all the circles, some one else invented Hell.

Starwarsnerd is scaring me now, the Bible is fiction. A nice set of stories to tell you how you should live your life if you lived a few thousand years ago.

There was no great flood that wiped out everyone except Noah and his family, there would be a lot of evidence in the archaeological record and there isn't.

If God sends everyone that doesn't believe in him and go to church etc to Hell then he's not a very nice fellah.

Christianity makes more sense than other religions? Maybe to some extent but it still makes no sense.

I've still had no explanation as to why the Israelites were the chosen people of God but then suddenly weren't anymore. Or why you weren't allowed to eat pork but can now. Or why you had to be circumcised but don't anymore. Or why the Sabbath changed day.

I could go on...

I take it very literally. And, some of these "coincidences" are just a little to strange to be just that. God hears all prayers if you believe like I do, so no prayer is too small for him.

After all, believing that systems of life just came about by accident takes a lot more "faith" than to believe things came about by a master plan.

Look, I really do not care whether you believe in God or not (you cannot prove it either way, unless you've experienced Him personally, but then that's YOUR interpretation, and other people may experience the same thing and take it for something else; who knows who's right?), only that you do not take everything that somebody tells you as automatically being true.

What bugs me is that there is TONS and TONS of proof that many things in the Bible could not have happened. That website that I mentioned; youy should really read it, it talks about this!

If you try telling me that all of that proof was created by Satan to try and mislead us into nonbelief, or that God created the Earth 6000 years ago with only the "appearance" of age, then I'll tell you: perhaps the world & everything in it (including of course the Bible) was only created 100 yrs ago with only the appearance of age, or perhaps it was created just a second ago, with all of your memories in your head actually being fiction, and only put in there to confuse you.

Do you see where that line of thought leads? You see now why "God made it so" is just not an acceptable explanation for everything? Look how far we've progressed since science (UNLIIKE the religions and philosophies before it) decided that "God made it so" was not an acceptable explanation for everything, and that we need to rely on evidence to find out what we should believe in rather than blind faith!

And evidence, starwarsnerd, points DIRECTLY against many of the stories in the Bible (not all, but many). If you do not care about whether some of your beliefs are false (have been 100% PROVEN false, and you can see the evidence if you want to), then that's your own decision.

Ahh, idiots like me bring out the best in everyone. :D
Maybe you should learn about the muslim faith instead of passing it off as a religion that commands death. There are religious extremists for all religions but that doesn't mean you should stereotype a whole religion on them jackass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back