• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
/me starts to tell his life-story

I was born 1983 in the most conservative region in whole Germany (Bavaria in South Germany) and because of that - oh what a wonder - my whole family were Christian. Some more, some less. I became baptized when I was born and when I turned 10 years my parents told me I have to become confirmed.

In all those year my parents coerced me to go with my grandparents to the church and pray to a god I don't believe in. There were some times when I was small, I had to go every Sunday to chruch by myself. If I returned earlier than the church service took, I got told off by my parents.

When I turned 18 I finally I went to the local department to get religionless. Took 15 minutes and the church wanted to have 50 Euros for it. Ah well... I got invectivenesses by my family anyway and nobody understood me, but I finally reached my goal, because I don't want to be part of a sect who murdered millions of women, derelicts, paupers, homosexuals, torments and kills animals (I'm animal rights activist and vegan and can't arrange this with my moral). Also there are many passages in the Old Testament which evoke cruelty to animals, women, weaks, and also tells that they use violence to everyone who'll think another way.

And even in those days the Christian church is still a mafia like regime which is going to use violence to everyone who stands in their way (please read more about the murder of Johannes Paul I.) and they still puke all over my gay friends, the dissenters, the alternatives, and they even won't share their celebrations with (for example) Evangelists. Turn arround your Dollar banknote and see what's on it. Yepp. God bless America and the money they have. Mr. George W. Bush also said to the American people that it's god will to start the Operation Iraqi Liberation (O.I.L.) which means that millions of people will die the upcoming months.

As long as they fuck with me and my friends, I won't believe any of those marketing tricks like "world peace" which comes out of the mouth of the pope.

"I don't need a god to tell me what is right to do and what is not - I set my moral standards by myself. I don't need a bible or koran to make me sure about what I am and I think you don't need it too..." - J*A*N feat. U.D.S.S.R.

Now ban or kill me, but respect my opinion.

I'm an athiest and beleive that organised religion is causing our society to crumble.

FLAME ON!

edited for clarification

Me five...

It seems like (at least now) the Christians outnumber non-christians... not what I'd expected. :blink:

RIGHT!

A few ground rules for this thread (as I can see a flame war building) before anyone has the fantastic idea of being bigoted or ignorant:-

1. Keep it friendly as possible

2. Keep it INTELLIGENT and THOUGHTFUL

3. If you dont have something interesting to say DONT SAY IT

4. most importantly HAVE RESPECT FOR OTHER'S VIEWS AND BELIEFS

Thankyou and have fun

:)

/me tells his lifestory

I was also born and still living in Bavaria - like Max - a region where the christian conservative bavaria-only part runs the government with a two third majority ( their slogan is 'Laptop and leather trousers ' ). However my parents don't origin from this region of Germany so I am - unlike most Bavarians - not catholic but a protestant.

In Germany THE catholic and protestant church are state churches. This means that they get their money from the state by collecting church taxes. However these state churches are rather unpopular as - I think - their sunday services are plain boring. Well the church I belong to is something which is in Germany very special, it's called a free church as it is independent to the state (all baptist or methodist churches in germany would be free churches).

Btw, was this topic started due to my program? :rolleyes:

I'm an athiest and beleive that organised religion is causing our society to crumble.

FLAME ON!

edited for clarification
Well, thankyou - but I wont take up your invitation ;)

We should also not forget the evils of General Pinochet, Stalin, Hitler, Pol Pot, Chairman Mau....

All organised Atheism (of which the practioners were all Authoriatarian - GO HERE AND test yourself. It's really intersting: www.politicalcompass.org ) and in its form is just as damageing as the evils of Organised Releigion. However I would argue it is worse for it lacks hope of anything better - any escape from the evils of this mortal world - that is to say what you have is your lot - and thats it, then you die.

Where would we be without Religeion though - I doubt that we would be anywhere near as ahead as we are now. Look at the greeks - Romans, and Egyptians - Societies based on Religeion all of which with an advanced knowledge.

Infact if the Egyptians had beaten the Romans to be the most predominent society I argue that we would be even farther ahead than we are now, for example: The construction of the Pyramids is still being argued about, despite our "advanced" knowledge of construction and materials. Religion and society were intertwined.

The Catholic Church is essential the continuation of the institution of the Roman Empire, and as a result you will find secular things making there way into it - and its the secular things that lead to the evils. Secular meaning Man, without God. I could just as easily pledge my alligence to a football team - where the shirt and go around beating people up - but would I be a true fan? Would I be a true supporter?

Im a Christian first, and an Anglican second (cos thats my flavour). For me the organisation is just that - an organisation, and not my faith, and that is how Christ always meant his message to be spread - in the early days you had all kinds of churches springing up: some heavy on the seremoni, some happy clappy. Singing it differently - but singing the same message of peace, hope, love and salvation.

Happy new year! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
RIGHT!

A few ground rules for this thread (as I can see a flame war building) before anyone has the fantastic idea of being bigoted or ignorant:-

1. Keep it friendly as possible

2. Keep it INTELLIGENT and THOUGHTFUL

3. If you dont have something interesting to say DONT SAY IT

4. most importantly HAVE RESPECT FOR OTHER'S VIEWS AND BELIEFS

Thankyou and have fun

:)
Right! Fully agree! :lol:

/me tells his lifestory

I was also born and still living in Bavaria - like Max - a region where the christian conservative bavaria-only part runs the government with a two third majority ( their slogan is 'Laptop and leather trousers ' ). However my parents don't origin from this region of Germany so I am - unlike most Bavarians - not catholic but a protestant.

In Germany THE catholic and protestant church are state churches. This means that they get their money from the state by collecting church taxes. However these state churches are rather unpopular as - I think - their sunday services are plain boring. Well the church I belong to is something which is in Germany very special, it's called a free church as it is independent to the state (all baptist or methodist churches in germany would be free churches).

Btw, was this topic started due to my program? :rolleyes:
Ehm, you created the GPbible? :D I think it's pretty funny to make such a program, as I said - REAL freakware, hehe. But what was your motivation?

I believe and trust only in me and my own abbilities, so it could be said I am atheist. But I don't see any problem If anyone believe in GOD of any form, or something else. It's everyone choice. :) But I hate If someone trying to force others to believe in their GOD or principles.

technically i'm a cristian, but don't believe in all that crap so......
So technically you are not....

Its like some dude I met in a bar once. He said he was a Christian but didnt beleive in God...... But he said he liked organised Relegion - are you the same "type" of Christian as him?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back