is any body a christan and uses the gp32

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can everyone go back and read my first post in this thread... please?

If it gets shittier - I may need to lock - and it's beein fairly interesting up until now!

Maybe you should learn about the muslim faith instead of passing it off as a religion that commands death. There are religious extremists for all religions but that doesn't mean you should stereotype a whole religion on them jackass.
The Kuran promotes the death of homosexuals and anyone who doesn't believe the way Muslims do. I wasn't kidding about that and it's not to be taken lightly. Stereotype it may be. True stereotype, but stereotype none the less. Listen, I know enough about my religion to justify my belief, but I'm not a devout enough follower to effectively evangelize. I wasn't just born into a Christian family and then I accepted the belief because that was what was around me.

Listen, I know enough about my religion to justify my belief.
Yes, but do you know enough about things not directly pertaining to your religion, including but not limited to scientific discoveries within the last century or so, that are proveable if you take the trouble to actually test them?

It seems to me that you are simply ignoring evidence that does not fit your current beliefs.

I know enough about physics from watching Looney Toons to know that you do not fall down when you run off a cliff until you look down and recognize that you are running on air. Fortunately, I have other evidence from my real life to realize that this is not true.

I'll leave it up to you to figure out the comparisons between the paragraph above and the first one in this message.

The Kuran promotes the death of homosexuals and anyone who doesn't believe the way Muslims do. I wasn't kidding about that and it's not to be taken lightly. Stereotype it may be. True stereotype, but stereotype none the less. Listen, I know enough about my religion to justify my belief, but I'm not a devout enough follower to effectively evangelize. I wasn't just born into a Christian family and then I accepted the belief because that was what was around me.
Yeah so I guess my muslim friend as well as being a gay hater is a terrorist and a suicide bomber :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Christians are freedom hating rednecks that hang witches and lynch black people!

Yay! Stereotyping is fun!

Listen, I know enough about my religion to justify my belief, but I'm not a devout enough follower to effectively evangelize. I wasn't just born into a Christian family and then I accepted the belief because that was what was around me.
I know people who would call themselves devout christians, but they wouldn't believe the bible was true for a second.

Christians are freedom hating rednecks that hang witches and lynch black people!

:blink: I can't say I've heard that stereotype before.

Yeah so I guess my muslim friend as well as being a gay hater is a terrorist and a suicide bomber 
Now your getting it. :p
What a bunch of unjustified ignorance.

Now, I know I'm not the best person to preach about being unprejudice, but that seems like a load of crap. This is all getting in using stereotypes to justify the degradation of a whole group of people. I know of my history with such things and I do regret such statements and that I should've kept them to myself. Such ignorance does not need to be publicly displayed.

This thread has obviously started to lose some seriousness, and if you can't tell I was kidding when I said "now your getting it", you need to get used to sarcasm. I'm not saying your friend is a "gay-hater, terrorist, etc." but, if your friend strictly followed what the Kuran says, then he would have a hatrid for homosexuals. And the terrorists of 9/11 didn't attack just because they were Muslim, but as a result of the hatrid they felt against other kinds of people. Recent events have just weakened my patience for Muslim society.

but, if your friend strictly followed what the Kuran says, then he would have a hatrid for homosexuals.

Leviticus 18:22, "Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination."

Leviticus 20:13, "If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them."

Deuteronomy 23:17, "There shall be no whore of the daughters of Israel, nor a sodomite of the sons of Israel."

Using your own RIDICULOUS logic, if you strictly followed what the Bible said, then you would surely have a hatred for homosexuals. Oh no, but its impossible to literally follow what the bible says because it contradicts itself every few pages.
What you have posted on these last couple of pages is basically racist propaganda. I can see this thread being locked soon, so you should apologise for your behaiviour before its too late.

This thread has obviously started to lose some seriousness, and if you can't tell I was kidding when I said "now your getting it", you need to get used to sarcasm. I'm not saying your friend is a "gay-hater, terrorist, etc." but, if your friend strictly followed what the Kuran says, then he would have a hatrid for homosexuals. And the terrorists of 9/11 didn't attack just because they were Muslim, but as a result of the hatrid they felt against other kinds of people. Recent events have just weakened my patience for Muslim society.

Any portion of "religious work" is open to "interpretation". It is this interpretation which keeps the religion afloat, and creates the foundation of a "belief system". The Christian Bible may or may not have references which cite all homosexuals will go to Hell. Until I at least have an exact reference from the Kuran, I will remain skeptical.

Furthermore, saying all Muslims are vicious savages is a gross oversight of the problem. Yes, it is within the Islamic or Middle Eastren belief that if you die victorious, you will awaken in the hands of 100 virgins (or so). This has been in many religions, including...dah-dah-dah...CHRISTIANITY!

Ok, back to being serious. Ever heard of the "Chaos Theory"? There is a certain chain of events which created the world we live in today. There is a reason most (if not all) of the Middle East are littered with what we call a"Third World country". These are countries which, for whatever reason(s), have not yet developed to the level of Europe, America, Japan, etc. But it could have just as easily been Muslims as the primary religion of the Industrialized world (God aside). Just because Christanity is more widely accepted doesn't mean their religion is inferior. Winning at a game of chance only proves you're lucky. If you believe God favoured you, then how does that make you any better then those you bias against?

Most (if not all) of the Middle East exists in something like an Arabic Dark Ages. We cannot blame them for that - in fact, it was mostly the imperialism of the countries who eventually became industrialized which caused their stunted growth! Think if Europe had the same stunted growth - the Pope would be declaring the Industrialized countries as "evil" (he already doesn't a like a lot of technology) and order their destruction by the hands of the Crusaders. Instead of hating the people of the Middle East and keep labeling them as an "evil religion", we should be forgive their behavior as something like an act of nature, and seek to enlighten them on a social level.

I'm sorry, am I too serious for you people? No one is replying to my posts, least of all starwarsnerd. ;)

Well, it's understandable of course, but all that it's proving so far is that I've given a lot more thought to my beliefs than you (starwarsnerd) have, and you don't have any good (logical) rebuttal ready at the moment. Does that sum the situation up nicely?

/kindling the flames :D

I'm sorry, am I too serious for you people? No one is replying to my posts, least of all starwarsnerd. ;)

Well, it's understandable of course, but all that it's proving so far is that I've given a lot more thought to my beliefs than you (starwarsnerd) have, and you don't have any good (logical) rebuttal ready at the moment. Does that sum the situation up nicely?

/kindling the flames :D
No Esn, you have been heard. I did not read the website you linked to, but I think I know what you are trying to say. I also know the things mankind invented and what science has brought us. (I give thanks and praise for the GP32). Its the work and knowledge of many generations that brought us to that level, technically. But that is not what we are talking about here. In many things the society of the most industrial states has chanced to positive in the last 300 years, but there is still, after so many years and so much technical knowledge, the same level of foolishness of people. I mean the cruelty of mankind against man.
Why wants our society the people to think that a abundance of goods is all we need for felicity?
The greed for more money and might is in all of us, ever. I am not any better, but I'll try, and all I can say is that reading the bible helps.

The Bible does not promote hatrid against anyone. It said that the act was wrong, but it didn't say to wipe it out throughh utter violence. Secondly, I am NOT a racist. I never have been, I never will be because I hate racism. Considering that the only "propaganda" of mine has been assumed by others or has been a joke that was taken seriously by someone (
You're going to hell.
), I believe that I have NOTHING to apologize for. I already said my knowledge goes as far as is adequate to justify my own belief and is not enough to defend my religion. It was also was assumed right away that by the Muslims and Homosexuals thing, that I was referring to the Muslims themselves and not the book they follow. Don't ever again call me a racist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back