Gp2x And N64

Status
Not open for further replies.

hughes37

Still Fresh
I have just seen the psp emulating the n64 can the gp2x emulate the nintendo 64 or is that imposable for this hand held

fraid it's not going to happen, the PSP has a 3d chip (I believe) that the gp2x doesn't have which makes a big difference.

i dont think its full speed but quite well havnt played on it my self but looking at this video of mario 64 its not that bad

link

EDIT: psp that is

Last edited by a moderator:
The xbox doesn't emulate every N64 game, and a lot of games that do run have minor graphical or speed problems...
So if it's hard for the xbox, How can a PSP or GP2X emulate it without problems..

I know we have a lot of great coders here, but damn.. If the GP2X will ever have a N64 emulator running at a reasonable speed, I will eat my newspaper..

If someone actually took the time to write a hand-coded emulator with an ASM CPU and software 3D renderer, it'd only run at ~6 FPS in a best case scenario. And that's being optimistic.

yep. BUT - Super Mario 64 was rewrritten from N64 MIPS to NDS ARM cpu. And NDS is only 66mhz and SM64 runs very well. So, theoretically it is possible to rewrite just this one game. :)

yep. BUT - Super Mario 64 was rewrritten from N64 MIPS to NDS ARM cpu. And NDS is only 66mhz and SM64 runs very well. So, theoretically it is possible to rewrite just this one game. :)

Would be f***ing cooool, but I wonder is Nintendo might share the source code with us? :ph34r:

No, as the DS has proper 3D Hardware acceleration. We don't even have good 2D acceleration for games.... Dream on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back