Hi Few N00b'y Questions

yea but mp3's can be ripped from cd's which someone has to buy and roms the only place you can get them from is online well what if gamepack make there own killer games to help sell it

liammcc9 said:
yea but mp3's can be ripped from cd's which someone has to buy and roms the only place you can get them from is online well what if gamepack make there own killer games to help sell it
I have dumped ROMs before from the real thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Orkie said:
liammcc9 said:
I have dumped ROMs before from the real thing.

yea but all the trouble off searching everywhere for the game you want then getting the console then doing what ever it takes to rip the rom. well if gamepack make killer games for it it would sell alot more and then have on the box off it sayin it can play roms so then it would work out nicely for every1 lol

liammcc9 said:
yea but all the trouble off searching everywhere for the game you want then getting the console then doing what ever it takes to rip the rom. well if gamepack make killer games for it it would sell alot more and then have on the box off it sayin it can play roms so then it would work out nicely for every1 lol
I don't see your point? You said the only place to get ROM dumps was online, you were wrong.

edit: aaaah forget it.

you're right, roms and emulators are illegal, regardless of the circumstances. we shouldn't even be talking about this. let's just end this now before anyone gets in any trouble

:ph34r:

rokdcasbah said:
liammcc9 said:
well what if gamepack make there own killer games to help sell it
now that is in an interesting question. but i don't think that any (or many) of the systems that thing hopes to emulate don't have means of encryption. if they did, there's the dmca to worry about it. but as long as they don't, then it does not matter what code you run on it.

if those "killer games" are either copied directly or derived from on original work that remains under copyright, then that's obviously a no-no.

and no, rom files are not, by themselves illegal in any way. in the us, under the dmca, they in certain circumstances can be evidence that a encryption scheme was broken, which can be a infringement of its own now. i.e. technically it is illegal to rip a dvd (digitally) because you have to break the encryption to do so.

but excepting that, data stored in a rom chip is like any other data, and the mere act of transferring it is not necessarily linked to copyright infringement. the infringement is its own thing.

creating software that emulates a hardware design is similarly innocent. although, again, encryption + dmca makes for some weird situations.

ok i didnt know that shoulda found out correct info b4 i said anything sorry lol well by killer games i mean very good games like halo for the xbox was a killer game

RX Shorty said:
The XGP will never come.
It is from Gamepark, they are broke.
The only thing if it is comming would be from Gamepark Holdings...
liammcc9 said:
well they wouldnt go bankrupt if they advertised it a lil more but im not even sure if its ok to have this console in the uk because off these stupid laws regarding roms ect
liammcc9 said:
either way i wan it!!! :D lol :D
liammcc9 said:
well what if gamepack make there own killer games to help sell it
I'm confused :blink: Are we still talking about the XGP? I think its a bit late to give gamepark advice :lol:

I think you should get a PSP

liammcc9 said:
Gamepack! of course, all the time were were looking at GameparK!!!! We had the wrong company all along, thanks mate!

yeah, get the PSP, it will probably be easier for you to understand.

Back