Gp2psx V0.10

Wow ! how many FPS for tekken 3 ? I don't think zodttd gives us source code is good for him :unsure: ,

So, great work !

(I'm french, can't talk perfectly english, and I'm just 14 ^^)

xafier posted on Dec 7 2005 at 01:46 PM said:
a normal CD drive can read PSX discs, theres nothing special about them other than the dye colour... which is actually a really dark blue, not black...

aha. ok, well I was just assuming, based on a scurulous rumour :angry:
thanks, will try it :)

Last edited by a moderator:
unlucky posted on Dec 7 2005 at 02:02 PM said:
ok gta 2 gets ingame but you cant see the player or any cars still very cool (fps is low too but still very cool to see)

can't see many things, it's blur. But works :)

I have a question relating the speed of the SD cards.
Isn't a standard "slow" SD-card still faster than the 2x drive of the PSX? So why should I bother about faster SD-cards? It should be fast enough BY FAR.

Can someone explain me this? ^_^

holy shit this is sweet! I'mseriously starting to consider getting a 2x now... Fucking hell, I'm so broke..

Here's something to think about.. This came out about a month or so after the GP2x came out, before the 'official' release even. the GP32 didn't really reach any of it's potential till well after the release. Now imagine whatt the 2x will have in 2 or so years

EDIT: hey Zodttd, just make sure you have backups of the source, you don't want this to end up like GPengine! :lol:

Incredibely awesome work :eek: But why are the red and blue channels swapped in the triangle drawing? :eek:

Pixman posted on Dec 7 2005 at 02:25 PM said:
Isn't a standard "slow" SD-card still faster than the 2x drive of the PSX? So why should I bother about faster SD-cards? It should be fast enough BY FAR.

Don't really understand why you question this. Why do you need a faster system than the one you try to emulate? Because you emulate. Just like the GP2X 200Mhz is faster than the PSXs 33Mhz by far and still it doesn't go full speed. I thought it was quite common knowledge that you need a superior system to emulate an inferior one.

pip posted on Dec 7 2005 at 09:55 AM said:
Don't really understand why you question this. Why do you need a faster system than the one you try to emulate? Because you emulate. Just like the GP2X 200Mhz is faster than the PSXs 33Mhz by far and still it doesn't go full speed. I thought it was quite common knowledge that you need a superior system to emulate an inferior one.

While that is true, that applies mainly to processing power, not storage IO speed AFAIK. Having faster SD cards should, in theory, reduce loading times significantly, but once the game code and assets for a particular segment of the game are loaded into memory, the speed of your SD card becomes irrelevant untill the next load.

-OCA|

Pixman posted on Dec 7 2005 at 01:25 PM said:

You are only going to use the GP2X to run PSX? That would be a waste as there are other emus that will be full speed with sound. For those reading ROMs from the card would be faster with a faster card.

ya but the SD card still runs faster than the cd drive in a PS. So you dont understand. my pc has a 48x cd. PS1 has a 2X and this is my old P3 600. Even though the games dont run great the cd is still ready at 12x.....

Yeah... reminds me of trying to run the PC version of the game on a 233MHz computer with no accelerator whatsoever. Except the colours were right there, of course - but things ran about that framerate. As Ferentix says, though, slower, since the PC version didn't include frameskip.

Back