Gp2psx V0.31

Status
Not open for further replies.
Insert PSX Game

run this:
http://www.magiciso.com/

convert CD to BIN, not ISO, BIN!!!

then plug the .bin and .cue and pray (plug and pray =p)

This software is shareware, but ripping CDs (i.e PSX games) is unlimited: only burning is limited...

Edit: zodttd PUT THIS IN THE README/YOUR POSTS SO THAT MORE PEOPLE CAN TEST THIS!!

a little more of a guide would be greatly appreciated because when i select the disc there are tons of files eg. SLUS, System, ZNULL ???????????? :huh:

Just a quick update to GP2PSX...
Get GP2PSX v0.32 at:
http://www.friggingames.com/gp2psx032.zip

Fixed in this version:
- Compressed ISOs now work.
- Button input now only goes to player 1's controller instead of all controller ports. This means no more joining of a second player when pressing start in the middle of a game. :p

Sorry about not testing v0.31 for these issues.
For those of you who had problems running compressed ISOs of games, try them out now.

ZodTTD

P.S. Wow the GP2PSX threads grow fast! :)

awesome new release so soon..ive got about 20 PSXgames ive really been meaning to get around to testing..havnt even downloaded gp2xpsx yet, but its looking really great with nice progress..i believe its actually running faster than the visual boy advance port (GBA for those who dont know)

do you have any extra help with this yet zodttd?

Tutorial on how to rip PSX games into .bin so that you can play it on your GP2X (someone pin this or something! I give permission for anyone to do whatever you want with this!)

First, install [imghttp://www.magiciso.com/]MagicISO[/url]. This isn't the best ripper, but it makes easy .bin files...

After you're done installing it, open up MagicISO.

open1ep.png

You get this. The shareware limitation does not effect us, so just hit Try it.

makeisofromcd5tw.png

Now you get a menu so that you can do a bunch of things. Just open up Tools, Make ISO from CD/DVD-ROM

makeisomenu5bo.png

When you select Make ISO from CD/DVD-ROM, you get this pop-up menu. First select the drive that the PSX game is in. The ovaled means it has to be those settings, so make sure that they are selected. Then just put a location to save it, hit OK and wait for the 100%... it could take awhile (duration depends on the drive/game).

wahoo this is bitchin its working now i hope i will be able to play some gundam battle assault soon :D
one more question how big are average psone games?

o and sorry bour being so niave and thanks for the guide and help guys

I've just tested my compressed bin of Marvel vs Streetfighter. It has some slight graphical errors and when I try to use frameskip up <volume up> my character kicks :p I tested it at 274mhz with HLE. I'm not sure how to see the fps counter though.

my compressed bin files are working fine with version 0.32. so far i have tried Final Fantasy V, Marvel vs. Streetfighter and Tekken 3. they all load and go in game :D Final Fantasy V has graphical errors on the bottom of the screen and can't detect memory card.

yes in .32 it seems as though volume up and down are R2 and L2 and Stick+l or r adjusts the framerate?

I've just checked Marvel vs Streetfighter. It runs at 5 FPS in game at 274mhz running in HLE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back