Gngeo2x 0.6.9 *update*

Works well, thanks for the scripts.
No problem, glad I can finally help someone else..

I used selector to launch my games, but when I select the game, it takes me to a black screen....I may be missing something, but I'm pretty sure my scripts so far are correct if I can get selector going and actually see my zips in the program.
Have you renamed you 'gnegeo.gpe' file to 'gngeo'? that's the only bit after selector, unless you don't have the bios?

Yes, I have the bios in the rom folder, as well as each rom zip. Total mystery to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
maybe you could post your scripts up here for people to take a look at? i don't mean to clog up the thread, but it also could help people searching in future. All i can think is that maybe you have an incorrect filename for gngeo, as the selector part works fine. Are you trying roms that are known to work? Small and old(er) ones that is..

Config:
Code:
#Selector configuration file
#Version 1.0

#Full path to skin files
skinPath=./

#List of full paths of command line options
cmdLine=./gngeo
cmdLine=./gngeo --sound
cmdLine=./gngeo >log.txt
cmdLine=./gngeo --sound >log.txt

#Full absolute path to base directory for file explorer
baseDir=/mnt/sd/roms/neogeomvs/

#File filters
fileFilter=zip

The GPE file:
Code:
#!/bin/sh

./selector ./gngeo2x_config
sync

cd /usr/gp2x/
exec /usr/gp2x/gp2xmenu
All of this is stuffed in the same folder: sd/roms/neogeomvs
I thought it was the roms, but even roms that would work in MAME don't boot either.

Config:
Code:
#Selector configuration file
#Version 1.0

#Full path to skin files
skinPath=./

#List of full paths of command line options
cmdLine=./gngeo
cmdLine=./gngeo --sound
cmdLine=./gngeo >log.txt
cmdLine=./gngeo --sound >log.txt

#Full absolute path to base directory for file explorer
baseDir=/mnt/sd/roms/neogeomvs/

#File filters
fileFilter=zip

The GPE file:
Code:
#!/bin/sh

./selector ./gngeo2x_config
sync

cd /usr/gp2x/
exec /usr/gp2x/gp2xmenu
All of this is stuffed in the same folder: sd/roms/neogeomvs
I thought it was the roms, but even roms that would work in MAME don't boot either.

What say log.txt?

Last edited by a moderator:
Every rom I attempted to run, I used the log option, but it doesn't make the log file, or when I made one, its blank.

I'm sure you've tried it without the log option havn't you? I'm stumped. So for your script to work from here you have have the emulator files, selector files and all your roms in the folder /mnt/sd/roms/neogeomvs/

That means that your BIOS needs to go in /mnt/sd/roms/neogeomvs/roms/

Is this how you have it?

My emulator files are in /mnt/sd/emulators/gngeo2x/
My roms are in /mnt/sd/roms/neogeomvs/
My BIOS is in /mnt/sd/emulators/gngeo2x/roms/

and it works for me...

I'm stumped otherwise :(

Ranger X: It seems to be pretty selective about case sensitivity... I'd rename anything with caps to lowercase and give it another try.

New version: 0.6.7
http://m.peponas.free.fr/gngeo/download/gngeo2x.0.6.7.zip
source:
http://m.peponas.free.fr/gngeo/download/gngeo-0.6.7.tar.gz

Large rom support is here, still beta, but here.
Having a fast SD card will be helpfull.

For now, it's only accessible to unix user, since you need an utility to dump gfx to a files and I can't compile under windows. Help is wanted to have Win and MacOs version.

Get the utility here: http://m.peponas.free.fr/gngeo/download/dumpgfx.tgz
Compile it with "gcc *.c -o dumpgfx -lz"
use it like that "./dumpgfx games.zip" where games.zip is your rom.
Put the generated .gfx file in the roms directory of gngeo on your SD.
Don't forget the rom too.

Now you can launch gngeo as usual.

Great to see this fast progression pepone.

Unfotunately I'm out of the testing game until someone comes up with a WinXP compatible version of your gfx utility. Sadly I have no programming knowledge, so I'll be patiently waiting.

How's WakuWkau7? :)

The selector isn't actually starting up and i'm using vim to save the files i think its definitely to do with the scripts not launching anything at all/script format being incorrect could you Halo9 could you not just rar some blank rom directories with like putromshere.zip putbioshere.txt etc in relevant directories with all working script files so the roms / bios just need to be put in sorry if its too much trouble i just cant figure this out

Shock troopers 2 runs now!!! At 28.7MB its huge (zipped!), and now works with the dumper for gfx.

Only problem I have is it is a little jerky when loading a lot of graphics at once, at least thats what is seems like, it might just be all the explosions take more processing time.

Shock troopers 2 is like metal slug, if it were isometrically overhead, with sudo 3-d looking vehicles and such.

Thanks pepone!!!!

Just had a try of this and metal slug 2 loads up great now and works pretty well. thanks for your continued work!

However I'm no longer hearing sound in any game..I checked my config and I've got sound enabled.

heh, the instructions look greek to me. No clue to actually do these things- as I'm more of a computer graphics geek than a programming one.

Back