Gngeo2x 0.6.9

fox808

Still Fresh
I need help with enabling the sound for the GnGEO 0.6.9.

On this site http://wiki.gp2x.org/wiki/GnGeo2x it says:

To enable sound, add the --sound to your script like this

exec /mnt/sd/gngeo/gngeo.gpe path/to/your/rom.zip --sound 1> gngeo.log.txt 2>&1

I am not sure where you would add this script.
Would it go in gngeo2x_config or gngeorc or in another file?.

Thanks in advance!

when you're selecting a rom, just press "y". at the bottom you should see "-- sound". sound will now be enabled in the game you choose. if you exit back to the green selector screen you have to press "y" to activate sound for the next game you choose, though.

also, you may want to overclock, as most (if not all) games do not run very well at the default CPU speed with sound enabled.

Thank you subin! Does it say anywhere else how to do this? I could not find it, on these boards or on Wiki. But everything works great now, Thanks again.

fox808 posted on Feb 12 2006 at 03:02 AM said:
Thank you subin! Does it say anywhere else how to do this? I could not find it, on these boards or on Wiki. But everything works great now, Thanks again.

glad i could be of help :D

it's true, pepone needs to update the readme.. but right now he's ironing out some more important kinks in the program. if you have any more questions, you should direct them to the gngeo2x thread in the News section - there are a lot of knowledgable people there willing to help you out.

Last edited by a moderator:
fox808 posted on Feb 12 2006 at 03:02 AM said:

It wasn't on the wiki in the controls section, sorry about that. :( It did get a small mention under the heading samplerate 22050 vs samplerate 11025.

I've updated the controls section. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Back