Gngeo2x 0.6.9 *update*

I think there is an option in Rage2x to do that ("Relaod gui" or somthing like that)
Yeah, but how do I go back to the standard menu (Sometimes I've been able to go back to the non-Rage2X menu by pressing buttons, but I don't know which buttons I have to press)?

Last edited by a moderator:
Try pressing both shoulder buttons and the joystick button - it usualy then takes about 5-10 seconds to go back

Hi Pepone,
first of all I'd like to thank you for your GREAT and hard work with gngeo2x. I readed all 62 (!!) pages of this topic to find if in the future will be added the savestate function, but I haven't understood at all .. :)
Would be possible to add savestates? Thanx!

I've just check the code I use, and I don't understand because I never touch the lcd timing... The only thing I do is changing the 920 frequency. For that, I use the code from the cpu_tweak utility.
I think I don't quite understand where the probleme is :unsure: . Any tips is welcome :D

Edit: Do you use Selector or Rage2x?

Hi thanks for the check!
I've tried both selector or ragex, and it's the same, no matter what value I add to the script, the emulator set a "brightness" value which I can't change (which in gngeo case is not so dramatic, but it's here).

Just to understand, you mean that "inside" your binary there is a cpu_tweak code part, which controls the lcd timing?
If so, where it takes the parameters (like UPLL or else) when is called? I mean how this code "thinks" to alter the lcd?Brake this, relaying on cpu_script launcher, could solve the problem?

Anyway I'll try to understand better the problem so I can better help you!
Thanks a lot Pepone!

Aruse

Hi Pepone,
first of all I'd like to thank you for your GREAT and hard work with gngeo2x. I readed all 62 (!!) pages of this topic to find if in the future will be added the savestate function, but I haven't understood at all .. :)
Hey, savestates aren't really needed, as if the unibios or w/e is in console mode, then games like puzzlebobble will ask you to save to card, which works perfectly. These are arcade games, so some of them with savestates would be too easy IMO.

Try pressing both shoulder buttons and the joystick button - it usualy then takes about 5-10 seconds to go back

i hate to be pedantic, but if you press both shoulder buttons and are using the arcade bios, it takes you to the arcade switch settings. so for a "smooth exit" (as someone told me back in page 30 something i believe? XD) press stick + R.

Is there any particular reason as to why some games only work with one region setting (REALLY frustrating when trying to figure out the region of a game and having to reboot the GP2X when you choose the wrong one, causing the gngeo to crash)?

Is there any particular reason as to why some games only work with one region setting (REALLY frustrating when trying to figure out the region of a game and having to reboot the GP2X when you choose the wrong one, causing the gngeo to crash)?

i've not come across this.. could you give an example?

Hi Pepone,
Hey, savestates aren't really needed, as if the unibios or w/e is in console mode, then games like puzzlebobble will ask you to save to card, which works perfectly. These are arcade games, so some of them with savestates would be too easy IMO.
for mvs, yes it probably would be too easy, however AES emulation is based on a home console so I would have to say that savestates can be very helpful.

i've not come across this.. could you give an example?
For me I'm only able to run certain games in their specific regions. X can only run in Europe, Y can only run in Japan, Z can only run in USA, etc.

Awesome stuff!

Metal Slug is a class game! along with alot of others ;)

Yeah I know, but I saw someone play Metal Slug X and the batteries run out after playing a little 30 minutes...

That's look not good man! :(

EDIT: Does Goal! Goal! Goal! runs full speed on the Neo-Geo emulator?

Back