Gngeo2x 0.6.9 *update*

Pepone, do you plan on standardizing and using the latest MAME compatible ROM dumps? As it currently stands it’s going to be very difficult for people to find the right ROMs to use. Additionally if I’m not mistaken the latest GnGeo already does this which is why I’m kinda surprised this port doesn’t.

Well, I don't quite follow regulary the "mame's rom dump evolution", so I certainly missed something.

Ok, I think I found it, the change did occure in mame 0.80, right?
It shouldn't be too hard to fix hopefully.

Which roms are affected?

If it would be helpful to you we could start the compatability list over on the wiki this time with everybody testing with recent (in the last year or two..) MAME dumps. If that your offcial 'blessed' set of ROMs then that would definatly be the way to go.

Last edited by a moderator:
Runs nice.
But AeroFighters3 just displays corrupt graphics. Do I have a bad rom or doesn't it work with the current gngeo2x? (aero fighters 2 works without problems)

hmm i need some help im a 35 year guy who paints cars for a living how do i type or paste the script to wot do i type it to any help a do .....tia

hmm i need some help im a 35 year guy who paints cars for a living how do i type or paste the script to wot do i type it to any help a do .....tia

I'm sorry.. Japanese is my first language... but that sentence doesn't make sense in either direction.

no worries ive found the wiki for shell script ill try and make sense out of it...and yeah my first post didntmake much sense.......soz :blink:

What? Yes, thank you.

Dude... look at your sentence...

What am I supposed to make of that?

no worries ive found the wiki for shell script ill try and make sense out of it...and yeah my first post didntmake much sense.......soz :blink:

Look, sorry I was an ass, but I couldn't resist :)

What's up with your script?

there's something called programmer's notepad or developer's notepad that takes care of your (assumed) problem. Your text file needs to be in Unix (unicode) format (UTF-8).

Anything else you need help with?

has anyone got overtop or league bowling to work? i can't get either of these to work. i've tried installing mame and neo geo versions of the roms, but still i get the invalid romset error with the pink screen.

Does puzzle bobble work well with sound ? Anyone tried it yet ? I haven't really got to grips with the command linei just get a black screen :S

has anyone got overtop or league bowling to work? i can't get either of these to work. i've tried installing mame and neo geo versions of the roms, but still i get the invalid romset error with the pink screen.

I've gotten a little further along than the pink screen with league bowling. Unfortunately, the game is choppy as hell (3-5fps) even with my machine overclocked to 266Mhz.

It's a pitty because I REALLY want to play this game. I use to have a NeoGeo (crapped out on me a few years ago) and I loved League Bowling.

Does puzzle bobble work well with sound ? Anyone tried it yet ? I haven't really got to grips with the command linei just get a black screen :S

Why not look here? http://wiki.gp2x.org/wiki/GnGeo2x

there's no entry there for overtop. it just has the game title and the rest of the fields are blank. it's weird though, for overtop, instead of saying "no valid romset found for overtop (like it does for league bowling)" it says "for overtop.zip", suggesting to me it's not recognising it as a rom at all. can anyone clear this up?

Why not look here? http://wiki.gp2x.org/wiki/GnGeo2x

Yeah, but the Wiki list says League Bowling plays well at 266 with sound. I'm not finding that to be true at all. Mine runs but is choppy at 266 with or without sound.

I also have not found League Bowling to work at all. I've been paying attention since someone else mentioned it.

I've just updated 4 games on the wiki.

League bowling has been amended to acknowledge the slight pauses in gameplay. The game still is playable but the pauses can get annoying.

Overtop loads up ok, but the sound doesn't work and when you start a game it crahses. :(

Samurai Showdown 2 runs fine. :D

Soccer Brawl runs fine too.

Back