Gngeo2x 0.6.12

There is the --bench option, it run gngeo for 5000 frames, then exit and show the average fps. But I can make it better :)
Oh, I see. Have to test this out.
Did you have something running in the background? telnet or ftp server? samba?
No, I went to gngeo directly after booting.

Something else: Using the default rom selector, after returning from a rom it tells me that the CPU frequency is 166 Mhz even tough I started the rom with 200Mhz. This must be a bug.
The MMU version today crashed 2 times exactly after pushing R + Stick to exit the rom. The 0.6.12 did not ever do this. Maybe these are just random quirks with my GP2x but maybe not.

I think it is a bug. I have had this problem too.

Then in Rage2X at 200 MHz games were a choppy mess. I ran them all of the time with the default selector and they ran fine at 200 MHz. So I set Rage 2X to 201 MHz and they were perfectly smooth. 1 MHz made the difference between them running at fs4 and fs 0-1. That must be a bug there too as 1 MHz should make no real difference.

Last edited by a moderator:
DaveC posted on Jul 19 2006 at 07:48 PM said:
Then in Rage2X at 200 MHz games were a choppy mess. I ran them all of the time with the default selector and they ran fine at 200 MHz. So I set Rage 2X to 201 MHz and they were perfectly smooth. 1 MHz made the difference between them running at fs4 and fs 0-1. That must be a bug there too as 1 MHz should make no real difference.
Previous Rage2x version had a bug: It launch gngeo @ 133Mhz when the cpu speed is configurated to 200.

The last version should fix that issue IIRC.

hmmm, i tried AOF worked great no sound, put sound on, the blue bars on loading just hang, any ideas ?? thx

sound seems to work with the frontend, though not sure why u want 2 programs running, surely slowing it down..

T-2000 posted on Jul 21 2006 at 08:44 PM said:
sound seems to work with the frontend, though not sure why u want 2 programs running, surely slowing it down..
By default, turning sound on overclock the cpu to 266. I guess your gp2x don't accept it.
The best choice is to use Rage2x, with it you can fine tune the overclocking speed (240 seems a safe value).

Wow ! Played Metal Slug before on MAME and i cant believe this huge games working this well on this emulator !

Congrats !

My only niggle...

On TV Out you only see half the screen

Great work so far though !!!

psj3809 posted on Jul 27 2006 at 07:02 PM said:
On TV Out you only see half the screen
Just use Rage2x frontend and the problem gone ;)

Thanks didnt realise it would fix that problem as well. I'll try it now

Great great emulator though !!

Got Rage working

But i copied on some more Neo Geo games and theyre not appearing on the list, theyre still in red when they should be green.

How do you' refresh' the list to show the games available ?

Back