Gmenu2x

my apps were running slow when I launched them from the explorer.

to fix this push select->scan for applications and it will add icons for your applications.
My emus seems to run at normal speed when I launch them from their icon.

gatekeeper said:
my apps were running slow when I launched them from the explorer.

to fix this push select->scan for applications and it will add icons for your applications.
My emus seems to run at normal speed when I launch them from their icon.

my guess is that programs run through the appliction launcher run at whatever speed gmenu is running at. Programs that have there own link will of course change the speed set. The default speed for an icon is higher then the speed set for gmenu.
You can change the gmenu clock speed.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got the same problem here, too. Very annoying if you want to play some Doom and have to wait about 2 minutes to start the game. :(

And, is there a way to return to gmenu2x after I quit an application? It always brings me back to the standart frontend.

are you guys sure its not the fw taking long to load? Try clocking gmenu higher, but the fact that you say the second time is faster leads me to think its the fw.
Gmenu shutsdown when you start an app, and reloads when it quits. If gmenu was the slow part it should be slow each time.

Pickle said:
are you guys sure its not the fw taking long to load? Try clocking gmenu higher, but the fact that you say the second time is faster leads me to think its the fw.
Gmenu shutsdown when you start an app, and reloads when it quits. If gmenu was the slow part it should be slow each time.
I´m running fw 1.1.0,
as I did manually start gmenu2x from the "launcher" I think all fw related stuff should have been loeded already? Altering clock-speed didn´t have any effect... Tried to monitor the output on a serial connection, seems booting gmenu2x gets stuck past loading theme-settings and before setting clock-speed, don´t know...

Pickle said:
Ok, forget what i said.
You were probably right! Reflashed the firmware, exchanged the SD-Card and now i´ts fireing up quite fast.
I hope that someone will make further improvements to gmenu2x :rolleyes:

Back