Gmenu2x

Pickle

Mega GP Mania
Website
Visit site
pickle.gp2x.de/gmenu2x.zip

Extract to the root of your sd card, in other words dont put gmenu2x in any other folders.

Touchscreen works

Not Finished:
Clock Settings
Battery Status
(I dont think theres anything else that can work right away, i.e. tv out)

Bugs:
Creating an icon its not lined up properly. But after a reboot is it.
Appears sometimes exiting a application it reloads the flash menu and not gmenu2x

Awsome!

Been hoping someone would port this.
Cant say I thought it would get done this fast though. But then again I hadn't guessed Pickle The Porting Machine™ would be on it :)
Thanks, will test straight away!

Wow cool going to test this now.

Thanks for all of the great work!

jacksterson posted on May 30 2009 at 07:16 AM said:
Holy shiz, I'm testing it out right away. Better not brick my system >(
Um, how do I install it?
If you think you will brick your system and you dont know how to install it (I said how int he first post :huh: ) then maybe you shouldn't beta test it?

Does it work for anyone, telling me your trying is nice, but it would be nice to know if it does work for anyone else but me. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Pickle posted on May 30 2009 at 05:05 AM) [quote="jacksterson posted on May 30 2009 at 07:16 AM said:
Um, how do I install it?
If you think you will brick your system and you dont know how to install it (I said how int he first post :huh: "] then maybe you shouldn't beta test it?

Does it work for anyone, telling me your trying is nice, but it would be nice to know if it does work for anyone else but me. :rolleyes:[/quote]Ok, well then, if thats how you install it, it doesn't work. Nothing happens. I have firmware 1.01

jacksterson posted on May 30 2009 at 08:42 AM) [quote="Pickle posted on May 30 2009 at 05:05 AM said:
jacksterson posted on May 30 2009 at 07:16 AM said:
Um, how do I install it?
If you think you will brick your system and you dont know how to install it (I said how int he first post :huh: "] then maybe you shouldn't beta test it?

Does it work for anyone, telling me your trying is nice, but it would be nice to know if it does work for anyone else but me. :rolleyes:
Ok, well then, if thats how you install it, it doesn't work. Nothing happens. I have firmware 1.01[/quote]Something had to have happened, load flash menu or black screen.

1. Copy contents to sd card (the gmenu2x and autorun.gpu must be on the root of the card)
2. If you boot into the flash menu turn on "Auto Run" to On
3. If you get a black screen, I hope you have serial ouput so we can discover the real issue.

Pickle posted on May 30 2009 at 01:05 PM) [quote="jacksterson posted on May 30 2009 at 07:16 AM said:
Um, how do I install it?

Does it work for anyone, telling me your trying is nice, but it would be nice to know if it does work for anyone else but me. :rolleyes:[/quote]Works, put the files from the archive on the root of the SD card, made a script that does ./gmenu2x
though it does bring you back to the original menu after launching something or editing settings. Haven't noticed any other strange things. Global volume works, still testing. It does run, though.

b1ueskycomp1ex posted on May 30 2009 at 08:58 AM said:
Works, put the files from the archive on the root of the SD card, made a script that does ./gmenu2x
though it does bring you back to the original menu after launching something or editing settings. Haven't noticed any other strange things. Global volume works, still testing. It does run, though.
Great! By the way did you:

Pickle posted on May 30 2009 at 01:10 PM said:
b1ueskycomp1ex posted on May 30 2009 at 08:58 AM said:
Works, put the files from the archive on the root of the SD card, made a script that does ./gmenu2x
Great! By the way did you:
created autorun.gpu, put that in the root of the SD card

cd /mnt/sd
exec ./gmenu2x

Rebooted and....

Gmenu2x loads up automagically.

Also, I auto-scanned for apps which worked just fine, but it still exits to the default menu after I close something.

Ah im sorry i thought I included the autorun.gpu. I guess thats what happens during a late night.
I also saw that I left some of the svn folders in it. Ive put up another version with the autorun.gpu and without the svn folders

Pickle posted on May 30 2009 at 02:14 PM said:
Ah im sorry i thought I included the autorun.gpu. I guess thats what happens during a late night.
I also saw that I left some of the svn folders in it. Ive put up another version with the autorun.gpu and without the svn folders
When trying to select an icon from the menu at the top, it seems like the touch is registered way over to the left, and is entirely inaccurate, but works fine for selecting app icons, etc.

Pickle posted on May 29 2009 at 11:09 PM said:
Bugs:
Did you compile the latest SVN version? I had this problem too when using the SVN version. It is a simple fix, and is included in the Open2X version of GMenu2X..

See line 647 here:
http://open2x.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/o...amp;view=markup

Another basic bugfix is found on line 1601 here:
http://open2x.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/o...amp;view=markup

You might consider using the Open2X version of GMenu2X, found in that same SVN repository. It has a few other basic bug-fixes like that that I didn't have time to get incorporated into the main GMenu2X. You will see in the code that all the changes we made should (hopefully) be sectioned off into if/else blocks that check for the presence of Open2X. You would likely want to add if/else blocks for the Wiz firmware and eventually maybe the Open2X+Wiz firmware.

I wish I had more time to add everything back into GMenu2X SVN but I am moving and won't have a proper computer setup for maybe months.

Senor Quack posted on May 30 2009 at 11:16 AM) [quote="Pickle posted on May 29 2009 at 11:09 PM said:
Bugs:
Did you compile the latest SVN version? I had this problem too when using the SVN version. It is a simple fix, and is included in the Open2X version of GMenu2X..

You might consider using the Open2X version of GMenu2X, found in that same SVN repository. It has a few other basic bug-fixes like that that I didn't have time to get incorporated into the main GMenu2X. You will see in the code that all the changes we made should (hopefully"] be sectioned off into if/else blocks that check for the presence of Open2X. You would likely want to add if/else blocks for the Wiz firmware and eventually maybe the Open2X+Wiz firmware.[/quote]Yes i was using svn, so you hint will probably fix it. Thanks, i might take a look at the open2x branch.

jacksterson posted on May 30 2009 at 06:18 PM said:
Man, all I got was a black screen...

Eh, I'll go back to the main menu for now.
1 - Unzip the file
2 - Copy the contents of the unzipped folder to the root of your SD card
3 - make sure autorun.gpu exists, if not download mine (attached)
4 - Make sure autorun is turned on in the wiz options
5 - turn the console off, and then on, the new menu should boot

It's still buggy, but it (sort of) works.

b1ueskycomp1ex posted on May 30 2009 at 01:28 PM) [quote="jacksterson posted on May 30 2009 at 06:18 PM said:
Man, all I got was a black screen...

Eh, I'll go back to the main menu for now.
1 - Unzip the file
2 - Copy the contents of the unzipped folder to the root of your SD card
3 - make sure autorun.gpu exists, if not download mine (attached)
4 - Make sure autorun is turned on in the wiz options
5 - turn the console off, and then on, the new menu should boot

It's still buggy, but it (sort of"] works.[/quote]What do you mean attached?

Ok, fooled around with this one for a while now, and it seem to work fine overall.

I do have the bug with the touchscreen registering way to the left when trying to switch between sections. It seems to select the entry directly to the left of the one you are clicking on.

I've also tried to find some kind of pattern in the problem with it not restarting correctly as you exit out of a app or game. Cant say that I found any though.

The wrapping option doesnt seem to work properly. With apps that restart gp2xmenu on exit it doesnt seem to work at all. But with apps that dont, like gpfce it works flawless everytime. To be honest I dont remeber how well this worked on the gp2x and I dont have mine with me to test.

One last thing: I'm no sure but some options seem to be missing, like being able to change the number of rows of the icons. Pretty sure you could do that, or maybe that was added in the open2x version.

Anyway, I will keep on testing and I hope you continue to work on this port as this is one, if not THE most usefull application on the gp2x.

Ive fixed the shortcut position bug with the fix by Senor Quack.
I also have built the open2x version, with the little bit I tested with it. To me is seems the same as the normal version.

It works great..! but when i try to return from music player(application), wiz gone to freezing.
(Wiz firmware version 1.01)

Back