Game Pencil Engine for the OpenPandora

hope for you to get back on your feet with all the personal events.

it was mentioned before but if you target the right system libraries like SDL you can support any platform. What specific pandora support you need to provide is beyond me.

I have a few projects and I can support any device running win32/linux using combinations of SDL, EGL, GL (gles). Andoid takes a bit more work, but if you use SDL2 and GLES its fine.

In theory all that will be needed is a recompile, but since I do not own an OpenPandora and do not seem to have the community support I do not think it is a wise choice to include this in the first release of the software.

Um yeah...I offered to do another compile for you a couple posts back for fields. There would be others too I think that would help out. But i guess your right if you mean by support you mean throwing some cash your way.

I could say more but Ill end with in my opinion you would be better off finishing and meeting the promised goals of FoF.

Hello Pickle,

I do not want any financial support from the OpenPandora/Pyra community, just help with porting process and a little coding help and there in exchange to provide free port option to developers to the OpenPandora/Pyra.

IF you're still interested let me know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Take lua. It is very easy and big games like spellforce uses it. I have some experience with Python as included script language, which is pretty cool too, but it was a bit unstable (which was probably because of my poor code quality).

Last edited by a moderator:
Super bump,

But we went the JavaScript route and released version 1.0 last week of the engine.

I'm planning on recompiling the Linux & Mac builds next week and also hope to expand to more platforms including Android and Pandora/GCW0.

K have fun with that..

$20 is too steep for an engine which nobody knows if it's buggy or working as advertised.. You gotta fix that shit.

A free-edition of the editor is coming soon.

I had to bring this project from the "vaporware category" to the "released state".

Wouldn't it have made more sense to release the free version first.. because it's still technically vapourware given that nobody wants to pay $20.00 for it.

Not really, I treated it as a standard software piece and gave out press codes as well as free codes to our RPG backers on Kickstarter. It will be easier to make "limited version" off of completed version.

Fear not, I'm working hard at work to make free version soon.

Back