Future DraStic Android port: help needed

I worked on mupen64plus-ae and I must say that this emu is one of the best android emu I've seen in terms of user interface! Great work guys!

If I had to make a comment, I'd love to see an option for screen orientation in order to choose reverse landscape instead of landscape as default. The main reason for this is that the guys from samsung decided to put the volume buttons on the left side of the SGS3 thus they are not usable as triggers in landscape as they are located under the screen. Reverse landscape mode fix this problem.

Also I'm a great fan of pokemon HG/SS so if you guys need any help on debugging, providing some logs or anything that could help fixing this game I'd be happy to help!
Sorry a little off topic here.  I bought your mupen64plus-ae for my shield the other day.  Using gles2rice, Conker's Bad Furday runs great.  The're a little problem I notice is when I pause the game, there's no pause menu.  Are you still actively improving this emu?  Would be nice to see a fix for this in next release.

Huge thanks to urisma for helping us test Pokemon HeartGold this weekend, and for graciously donating his $100 bounty to the Pandora preorder fund! So if you see that one that donation that looks like it's from me, it's really on his behalf.

For those people who care, the status of that is that it looks like we have a workaround that makes it playable to completion, albeit still with some graphical glitches.

Yay! I was happy to help.
GqCdk1P.gif

Yes, but too busy to really get the ball rolling on it just yet (plus I think it'll be better to work out some issues with it before pushing there)

I worked on mupen64plus-ae and I must say that this emu is one of the best android emu I've seen in terms of user interface! Great work guys!

If I had to make a comment, I'd love to see an option for screen orientation in order to choose reverse landscape instead of landscape as default. The main reason for this is that the guys from samsung decided to put the volume buttons on the left side of the SGS3 thus they are not usable as triggers in landscape as they are located under the screen. Reverse landscape mode fix this problem.

Also I'm a great fan of pokemon HG/SS so if you guys need any help on debugging, providing some logs or anything that could help fixing this game I'd be happy to help!
Sorry a little off topic here.  I bought your mupen64plus-ae for my shield the other day.  Using gles2rice, Conker's Bad Furday runs great.  The're a little problem I notice is when I pause the game, there's no pause menu.  Are you still actively improving this emu?  Would be nice to see a fix for this in next release.
Please post any question related to mupen64plus-ae on this forum:

www.paulscode.com/forum/index.php

Also the project is own by Paul Lamb not me. ;-)

The problem is you. Not Lordus
And yet you can't give any specific details, just a bunch of "I'll mention this <vague thing> and that <vague thing>", and Exophase himself is just as confused. You said he's "allied" with byuu but by his own admission the only interaction they've really had is Exophase telling byuu he's wrong: that's hardly an alliance. And even if so, all this personal grudge and you take revenge with a 5 minute hack that ultimately means nothing. You've trolled yourself hard here, you went looking for a reaction and YOU are the person who is getting all bent out of shape: Exophase is complimented that you're devoting so much of your life to just hating him for reasons that no one (possibly not even yourself) understand. I want to say that you must have a pretty shallow and pathetic life to put so much effort and waste so much time on things that don't actually have any impact on anyone but yourself, but I browse reddit for 2 hours every day so I'm not fairing much better at the moment.

Do I give a fuck that I trolled myself? No.

Do I give a fuck that I waste 18 hours a day trolling 2 people for 9 or so years? No.

Exophase should have expected trouble the day he stabbed me in the back.

And yet you can't give any specific details, just a bunch of "I'll mention this <vague thing> and that <vague thing>", and Exophase himself is just as confused. You said he's "allied" with byuu but by his own admission the only interaction they've really had is Exophase telling byuu he's wrong: that's hardly an alliance. And even if so, all this personal grudge and you take revenge with a 5 minute hack that ultimately means nothing. You've trolled yourself hard here, you went looking for a reaction and YOU are the person who is getting all bent out of shape: Exophase is complimented that you're devoting so much of your life to just hating him for reasons that no one (possibly not even yourself) understand. I want to say that you must have a pretty shallow and pathetic life to put so much effort and waste so much time on things that don't actually have any impact on anyone but yourself, but I browse reddit for 2 hours every day so I'm not fairing much better at the moment.

Do I give a fuck that I waste 18 hours a day trolling 2 people for 9 or so years? No.

Mudlord, did you know that life is pretty great if you stop focusing on all the shit in it. You obviously have a lot of hang ups. Try looking at the positives though; i looked at your projects, and they were pretty impressive; you seem like a pretty cool guy to me, whom has a lot of talent. Leave the past in the past, mate, forget what ever happened between Exophase and you, stop wasting your time trolling, because at the end of the day no one goes to sleep worrying about the things you've post. Instead focus your power on something productive; you have the potential. Good luck to you Brad.

Mudlord, come one man!  It's no help if you keep crying like this.  You know what should help and you could make a foturne and woul be loved by everyone.  Go and make 3DS emulator and PS2 emulator for the Shield and other android devices.  And by the way make sure they are as good as DraStic.  I would pay $7.99 for each.  Oh! And if they are not as good, I won't even use them if they are free :p   

Last edited by a moderator:
Mudlord and Exophase so much talent really wish the two of you could bury the hatchet and do what you do best (i really mean that) ps exophase bought DraStic on android brilliant work

Exophase is there a way to switch the screen sizes on the fly while a game is running or have just one screen running full would suit games like nanostray1&2 and contra 4

When you hit the menu button you get six screen options the bottom middle one is full screen, the last one changes the screen shown. Very nice app, well worth the asking price, now I cant wait to get a shield (even more) to use this on.

you can map a hardware key to the screen switch as well if you have one to donate to it (like a photo button or something)

Back