Future DraStic Android port: help needed

Congratulations to team DraStic for making it into the top ten new paid games on the Google play store. Currently sitting pretty at number 8. :)

Edit : DraStic is at 152 in the paid apps category (all apps, not just games, not just new). Pretty darn impressive considering there are over 150 thousand paid apps on android.

Screenshot_2013-08-09-21-45-07.png

Last edited by a moderator:
This is an amazing app. Thanks!

I have paid for other DS emulators on Android, and none as good as this so far.

Bought it for my nephew, he is playing Pokemon heart and soul right now on an Xperia (not sure whch one), and he was overjoyed at the smoothnes straight away.

But when he got a text, it booted him out of the game, and he could not continue. I looked in settings but couldn't find an option to turn this off.

Is there an option?

Apart from that, everything is great on it. Big thank you to everyone who made it. It is great work :)

This is an amazing app. Thanks!

I have paid for other DS emulators on Android, and none as good as this so far.

Bought it for my nephew, he is playing Pokemon heart and soul right now on an Xperia (not sure whch one), and he was overjoyed at the smoothnes straight away.

But when he got a text, it booted him out of the game, and he could not continue. I looked in settings but couldn't find an option to turn this off.

Is there an option?

Apart from that, everything is great on it. Big thank you to everyone who made it. It is great work :)
It could be, that device is running out of memory. You could try unzipping the game, if it is currently zipped.

It could be, that device is running out of memory. You could try unzipping the game, if it is currently zipped.
Thanks, will try that (Unzipping it), i don't think it is running low on memory.

I thought it had extracted it. Now, i have to get him off it so i can look. :)

He has been quiet since he got it. The previous emulator cost $3.99 and all i could hear from him since it went on was:

"AAaggh.!! This is so annoying. It keeps freezing! :angry: And the music keeps skipping."

Such a contrast. B)

Is there an option?

Which settings did you look in? Hope it was the text App. Doubt it would make sense for DraStic to change the way the phone behaved when receiving a text.

Did it take you back to the 'Android desktop' after getting the text?

Did you browse the recent apps and try restarting from there?

DraStic has a warning popup if the device is running low on RAM and that it might close unexpectedly. I thought it could have been that.. If Android decides to close it immediately, you probably wouldn't be able to read taht anymore.

It was his Facebook app.

I'm not on facebook so i am not sure what way the app works.

But when he turns off wifi, the messages don't come in, and he doesn't have that problem.

It's not a big problem. He loves it, and is happy to turn off wifi to play DS games.

When he exited the game so that i could unzip it (I turned on wifi), it was unzipped already, and he received loads of messages (I mean LOADS!! - He's 12! :wacko: ) which came in. Then he went to bed, and i went out, so i/we haven't checked if that made any difference.

I cannot overstate how good this app is. :)

I don't want to sound like i am, or he is, complaining.

Fluid gameplay (no stuttering, no crashing), and he loves it. :wub:

Is there an option?

Which settings did you look in? Hope it was the text App. Doubt it would make sense for DraStic to change the way the phone behaved when receiving a text.

I removed all the previous emulators, and i used 'clean master (cleaner)' afterwards.

I did not reboot the phone.

But since then, when i removed the 'pokemon heart and soul.nds' and re-extracted the original to it's own folder, it offered the option to continue, even though it was in a different folder. Brilliant. :D It picked it up without having to point to it. (It was in 'Downloads/Pokemon heart and soul')

But i still haven't been able to check if the facebook app still interrupts it.

Purchased the Android version to show my support. Masterful work on this emu, $8 is a bargain imo. It's sitting at #4 on the newest top paid apps and # 53 in overall top paid apps. I'm sure it'll keep climbing considering how good it is and how popular the DS is.

Off topic, what programs is that Mudlord guy involved in? The name sounds very familiar to me for some reason. Not that it matters really, I probably wouldn't use anything he had his hands in since he's a douche of the highest caliber!

Excellent work, Exo and Lordus! Glad I can finally try this on my Nexus 4. Will be interesting to see the speed differences between that and my CC Pandora. :p

I had looked in the DraStic settings... :unsure:

Just following up on earlier posts.

He says the 'problem' is gone. Texts do not affect him at all. Facebook does not interrupt either.

It seems wrong to me, to call it a problem, considering all of the real problems that existed with the previous emulators.

He's sitting playing it all morning.

At the risk of sounding repetitive, This is a blooming great app. :) .

Congratulations to team DraStic for making it into the top ten new paid games on the Google play store. Currently sitting pretty at number 8. :)
Awesome!  Awesome!  DraStic will be #1 soon.  Mudlord must be crazy!  :p

No, I am not mad at this.

To me, this guy is just a hypocrite.  He stole your hard work and pirate it and he calls it moral?  I'm sure he's using and enjoying DraStic now on his Android device.  What a loser he is!
No, I don't have a Android device.

Purchased the Android version to show my support. Masterful work on this emu, $8 is a bargain imo. It's sitting at #4 on the newest top paid apps and # 53 in overall top paid apps. I'm sure it'll keep climbing considering how good it is and how popular the DS is.

Off topic, what programs is that Mudlord guy involved in? The name sounds very familiar to me for some reason. Not that it matters really, I probably wouldn't use anything he had his hands in since he's a douche of the highest caliber!
* VBA-M

* Glide64

* Some Rice video crap

thats mainly it.

And I agree, I am a douche, I should be tortured by being brutally anal raped at the motherfucking stake.

And I agree, I am a douche, I should be tortured by being brutally anal raped at the motherfucking stake.
Whatever floats your boat...

PS Love the avatar, you cheeky scamp you. :)

Oddly enough I think you have probably done Exophase a big favour by 'hacking' or running lucky patcher or whatever you did with DraStic.

One of his concerns was that if he produced a time limited / save disabled demo then this would be hacked and people would not buy the premium version. Hopefully he'll see that he's still making enough sales even with a readily available pirated version and that it would make a lot of financial / administrative sense to offer a free demo on the play store as per Super Gnes.

Super Gnes has had between 500K & 1million sales for the paid version at £2.50 a throw, not too shabby.

Several people have been asking me why drastic requires root access, and those who purchased the app will know it doesn't require those permissions.

Perhaps they are using the hacked version and maybe there was something nasty slipped in there by our good friend here?

Well, it seems that the cracked version is broken regarding savestates, so whatever mudlord did to crack it, he screwed something up.

Back