Release DraStic Nintendo DS emulator

Discussion in 'Software Releases' started by Exophase, Feb 15, 2013.

1. DrasticNerd

DrasticNerd Long time lurker, Forum newbie

I wish! :| Frankly I doubt the Pandora could handle emulating the 3DS. I mean it has issues with emulating the NDS - which may or may not be fixed if Exophase was minded to throw us an updated DraStic. I'm hearing good things about MelonDS - wondering how this would go on Pandora as a core in Retroarch?

2. ZXDunny

ZXDunny Deep avatar

Probably not well. Having moved from my CC Pandora to a Raspi+LibRetro emulators, I was incredibly disappointed at how badly they all perform. Many games that were full speed on the Pandora are stuttering like crazy on the Pi3B+.

FBnil and Nintendo like this.
  3. DrasticNerd

DrasticNerd Long time lurker, Forum newbie

I think Exophase did an incredible job creating DraStic for the Pandora (hint: see my user name! ;)) It would appear he abandoned the Pandora version years ago to focus on his Android build. Thus my interest in exploring other emulation alternatives for the Pandora.

But this is all theoretical until we have something to test. We have RetroArch on the repo but it's several versions behind and last time I tried it, it didn't have MelonDS core included.

Hmmm. Any of our serial porters want to volunteer to port the latest RA? :D