Future DraStic Android port: help needed

1.Exophase, how much would it cost in GBP for someone living in the UK? Would it become available for the UK, even?

2. Is it possible to disable any network data services (ie Google cloud?)? otherwise the user may have unwanted data charges

Currently the exchange rate is 1GBP~1.5USD, so it would be better of doing it for a fiver.

EDIT: fiver is £5, or five quid, british slang

Last edited by a moderator:
2. Is it possible to disable any network data services (ie Google cloud?)? otherwise the user may have unwanted data charges
There is no network transfer, except you initiate it by pressing one of the Google Drive buttons, or enable Google Drive auto-refresh in the settings. Only if you enable that, it will check for available saves online every time you open the Load/Save menu.

I'm still learning what the options are but google basically says this:

"For all countries listed above except the US: Google Play will automatically assign per-currency prices for your products if you have not manually set them on the Developer Console. Once a month Google Play assigns a per-currency price based on the price of your app in US Dollars, converted to each target currency using the daily exchange rate of the date the conversion takes place. If you manually set your per-currency prices, Google Play will not override them."

https://support.google.com/googleplay/android-developer/answer/1169947?hl=en

I don't want to have to manually fiddle with prices, so will probably just go with the auto currencies which should track fair exchange rates. Although if there's a lot of demand maybe I'll do it for the most popular currencies.

Current exchange rates is about 5.26 GBP and 6.10 EUR.

6.10€ is a great price, can't wait to buy it ^^, any idea of the release date? few days, weeks or months?

Probably weeks. We're still trying to fix some games, tweak some performance related stuff, and get some more features in.

I'm still learning what the options are but google basically says this:

"For all countries listed above except the US: Google Play will automatically assign per-currency prices for your products if you have not manually set them on the Developer Console. Once a month Google Play assigns a per-currency price based on the price of your app in US Dollars, converted to each target currency using the daily exchange rate of the date the conversion takes place. If you manually set your per-currency prices, Google Play will not override them."

https://support.google.com/googleplay/android-developer/answer/1169947?hl=en

I don't want to have to manually fiddle with prices, so will probably just go with the auto currencies which should track fair exchange rates. Although if there's a lot of demand maybe I'll do it for the most popular currencies.

The only thing is, that for customers who use gift card instead of credit cards, will have non integer sum.

Ie. if i use £10 gift card, i will have 4.74 left. That means that i most likely wont be able to use all of it, since other apps priced at integer price. ie i have £0.74 which i cannot use.

https://play.google.com/store?hl=en_GB

If you check above, almost all are at £*.99, confirming i will not be able to use the full price i paid for the gift card.

Regarding pricing, to maximise revenue I'd strongly recommend £4.99 & €5.99 & $7.99.

For as long as £4.99 & €5.99 are pretty close to $8, that is.

Exophase, Lordus, I would love to help you with testing before Drastic will be released in playstore. I have number of devices :

HTC One (you know it's specs, but now it was updated with 4.2.2, and has support for OpenGL ES3)
Xperia T (Snapdragon S4 Play 1.5GHz, 1GB RAM, Adreno 225, 1280x720, JB 4.1.2)
Xperia Mini (Snapdragon S2 1Gz, 512 RAM, Adreno 205, 480x320, ICS 4.0.4)

I've tested almost every single emulator for android

TigerNDS

Tiger Arcade
Jarcade
CPS2HD
n64oid
nds4droid
dsoid
Fpse
Dolphin for Android
PPSSPP
gba,emu
md.emu
retro arch
etc

Nowhere isn't a right word mate, I would say from everywhere :) Jeffq blog in my casr for instance

Hi everyone.

I'm so new to this forum, in fact, this is my first message, but i think some users may know to me or my work in the forums where i post (http://www.elotrolado.net/

, where i'm moderator since... many years, may be 7 or more, in many forums.), www.gp32spain.es, www.dingoonity.es, XK3Y forums, etc.

my blog is "popular", because i post reviews regulary on it.

http://manguiro.blogspot.com

My youtube channel:

http://www.youtube.com/Deen0X

I colaborated with many talent users and teams such Skelton (firmwares for many devices, JXD mainly and their "skelroms"), Tincore (testing and providing feedback about their Tincore's Keymapper tool), TheXSample Team (any JXDS5110B or JXDS7300B may know about our work), Locnet (providing feedback for some new functionality of Gamekeyboard), etc.

I post this because i´m new on this forum, but i hope this information may be enought for introduce to me and, with a bit of lucky, some guy may know to me.

currently, i can do testing with some devices, that includes:

Android Gaming Consoles

- IBENX-L1

- JXDS7300B

- JXDS5110B

- GPD5005

- Archos Gamepad

Android Sticks:

- Leotec Android-TV

- Engeldroid EN1007M

- Android-TV Quad-Core RK3188 (UG007B)

- some single and dual cores devices (i don´t remember models)

- OUYA

Tablets

- Talius Quartz (Y88)

- Generic Q88

- JXDS908

- some mono and dual cores (older Ramos and another brand/models, etc)

Smarphones (some models, i usually get to write reviews, then i can test too)

i constantly get access to new devices (because i write regulary my reviews)

i think i can do some testing in a well range of devices. My focus in in Android Gaming Devices (Gaming Consoles, Android TV/set top box), but i can test on another such tablets too.

Hope this may be enought for generating interest on the help i can offer to the project.

greetings!

(apologize my poor and rude english)

future generations will remember this day as the day notaz came in and slaughtered the new guy.

:)

yes, may be, but is a bit "ambiguous" XD

Must seem very trustworthy to me. Sorry if this sounds really vague, and if I turn you down over this it's nothing personal - probably only a small percentage of people are going to be eligible.. And that's a big reason why I'm posting it here. So I guess people who have a long forum history and seem helpful and honest to me stand a good chance. I'm mainly looking to avoid anyone leaking the thing, which is something that has happened to other emulators.

i hope look helper, trusting and have a good "reputation" in my history, not in this forum, but i think if you search on the web, is easy to get info about me.

anyway, is my offer to help. if i cannot be consider a candidate, i understand.

greetings!

i hope look helper, trusting and have a good "reputation" in my history, not in this forum, but i think if you search on the web, is easy to get info about me.
You might be, but you might also give the build someone else you consider trustworthy (close relative let's say), and that person might pass it to someone else, after several iterations like that the leak happens. Of course it's up to Exophase to decide in the end, but if I were him the build would not go to you as I don't know you personally.

yes, you right, and of course i understand and most probably i will think the same as you in your place.

antway, when devs release a pulic version, i will test and give my feedback, if i can help with this.   ^_^

greetings!

Exophase,are you planning to release DraStic for Ouya, I mean using Ouya store? If so you would probably need to change DraStic icon so it won't be associated much with ds. I remember Jeff had problems, he was refused 4 times before it was published,that's what he said: "The OUYA people have rejected nds4droid 4 (!) times already because of various problems with screenshots including the copyrighted Nintendo name, etc. The latest rejection was because the game’s icon (really a large image) contains a picture of a DS, which is apparently also copyrighted (fair use anyone?!)." then they've changed logo (Alexander P made logo design for Jeff) and it was finally published in ouya store.

Someone has tested it on Galaxy S and similar devices?

In my opinion 8 dollars is a right price if it works on many devices and I'd buy it without hesitation

Back