Future DraStic Android port: help needed

Just paranoia. Even though the 3DS is the current gen they're still selling DSs and games for it so they have more incentive to try and block it vs SNES or GBC emulators. I just worry about a lot of things I probably shouldn't lately.
They do sell SNES and GBC games on (different respective) virtual consoles though.

How many new shipments of DS games really go out to stores these days?

To me the real crux of the matter is I don't expect there'll be a lot of people that will pirate ROMs instead of buying them new because of an emulator out in 2013. I know this is an old argument but in this case I think if people want to pirate games instead of buying them they probably already had DS flashcarts to do so on the original hardware (which are dirt, dirt cheap).

Not that companies like Nintendo think in terms like this, at least not publicly, but they really don't bother going after emulators very much. I'm not actually aware of any case of them handing out C&Ds except vs UltraHLE a really long time ago, and this was done pretty much right at the height of N64's popularity (shortly after Ocarina of Time came out IIRC). There was a claim that they gave one vs a GBA emulator on Zodiac but I think the guy just made that up as an excuse because he wasn't actually able to deliver on his promises.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just paranoia. Even though the 3DS is the current gen they're still selling DSs and games for it so they have more incentive to try and block it vs SNES or GBC emulators. I just worry about a lot of things I probably shouldn't lately.
They do sell SNES and GBC games on (different respective) virtual consoles though.How many new shipments of DS games really go out to stores these days?To me the real crux of the matter is I don't expect there'll be a lot of people that will pirate ROMs instead of buying them new because of an emulator out in 2013. I know this is an old argument but in this case I think if people want to pirate games instead of buying them they probably already had DS flashcarts to do so on the original hardware (which are dirt, dirt cheap).Not that companies like Nintendo think in terms like this, at least not publicly, but they really don't bother going after emulators very much. I'm not actually aware of any case of them handing out C&Ds except vs UltraHLE a really long time ago, and this was done pretty much right at the height of N64's popularity (shortly after Ocarina of Time came out IIRC). There was a claim that they gave one vs a GBA emulator on Zodiac but I think the guy just made that up as an excuse because he wasn't actually able to deliver on his promises.
Exo, someone on youtube said the app will be ready in a week.Is it true?

BTW, would you mind replying my messages, waiting for your reply hour by hour and refreshing the page almost makes me crazy,haha(╯3╰)

BTW, would you mind replying my messages, waiting for your reply hour by hour and refreshing the page almost makes me crazy,haha(╯3╰)
I don't know where the one week stuff came from. Sorry about not getting to your messages yet, I really am reading them, I just need a little time to figure out my responses. Hope to get back to you on those today.

Exo, someone on youtube said the app will be ready in a week.Is it true?BTW, would you mind replying my messages, waiting for your reply hour by hour and refreshing the page almost makes me crazy,haha(╯3╰)
I don't know where the one week stuff came from. Sorry about not getting to your messages yet, I really am reading them, I just need a little time to figure out my responses. Hope to get back to you on those today.
That's ok .Thanks for your time:D

yea, I don't know where that came from either and I think I'm the only one not really involved with the project putting out information, and what I do say is just from my own experiences with the program.

people talk out of their butt sometimes

Broken telephone, soft-dev style. One person says "looks pretty good so far, maybe it'll be available next week?", and then another person says "looks like it might be available next week", and then another person says "looks like it'll be available next week", and the next person says "it'll be available next week".

I know you've had a lot of requests for beta testers but I would love to test it out. I'm new to open pandora but I've been rooting android phones back since the first galaxy s phone. I currently have both the galaxy s2 and 3. Will be getting the s4 here in a couple of months. All can be rooted easily to push the processors and gpus of the phones. If not it's all good I would love to purchase it when it becomes available. Also both my s3 is confirmed having Armv7 w/neon. Here's a snapshot of my specs.

Screenshot_2013-07-23-18-46-31.png

Just sending this out there, hopefully a fair number of people see it but I'll try to follow it up with more:

Thanks for all of the many offers from people to beta test, I really appreciate the interest. I apologize for not getting back to most of you, I've been a little overwhelmed and right now we're still really busy trying to get stuff closer to release. I think we'll be picking out another one or two testers in the next few days, but they'll probably still be people I know well in the Pandora community. Right now we're keeping it really limited and low key just because we can't really handle too many reports, but we could be looking for more people after release.

Again, sorry that I haven't been very responsive over the past few days, I hope to start catching up on correspondence with this.

Just sending this out there, hopefully a fair number of people see it but I'll try to follow it up with more:Thanks for all of the many offers from people to beta test, I really appreciate the interest. I apologize for not getting back to most of you, I've been a little overwhelmed and right now we're still really busy trying to get stuff closer to release. I think we'll be picking out another one or two testers in the next few days, but they'll probably still be people I know well in the Pandora community. Right now we're keeping it really limited and low key just because we can't really handle too many reports, but we could be looking for more people after release.Again, sorry that I haven't been very responsive over the past few days, I hope to start catching up on correspondence with this.
Take your time,man. We really love your works. : p

Got a HTC magic with replicant (no 3d) sony-ericsson xperia active st17i with cyanogenmod 9.1 on it. ARMv7 rev 2 (v7l) no hardfloat, It has usbOTG, so i can connect a joystick.

Also s2intl.

Also a pandora rebirth for cross checking.

Looks like you got yourself a whole new fan community Exo :)

Noticed the Scale2x option in one of the emulator videos. Is that coming to the next Pandora version too?  :wub:

exophase I find out a "fastforward" option in drastic andriod version,I want to know how it works? Is it mainly depend on the performance of my andriod device?

I mean if my phone can run to 120fps if no framerate limit,the fastforward speed is 2x?

I read it will not be compatible with tegra 2 devices, but it will works on tegra 3 ? Like lg optimus 4x?

exophase I find out a "fastforward" option in drastic andriod version,I want to know how it works? Is it mainly depend on the performance of my andriod device?

I mean if my phone can run to 120fps if no framerate limit,the fastforward speed is 2x?
Yes, with fast forward it will run as fast as the device can handle it, without limiting the framerate.

I read it will not be compatible with tegra 2 devices, but it will works on tegra 3 ? Like lg optimus 4x?
Tegra 2 is the only one it's incompatible with, because of missing Neon support. Tegra 3,4 will work.

Hi There,

As with everyone else, I'm extremely excited about this emulator, and will be looking forward to supporting it once it hits the play store!

I haven't read the entire thread, and Exophase/Lordus, I'm sure you get a butt-load of requests already, but did you need anyone to test the emulator on either a Samsung Galaxy S2, Nexus 7, or Xperia L?  If so, please let me know as I'd be happy to provide you with some feedback on each of these, or whatever you need results from.

Wishing you all the best with this!

-J

These guys are doing sterling work it has to be said.

Performance is superb, nicest menus and set of options I've seen on any emu

Back