Future DraStic Android port: help needed

A few weeks is the current target. No exact date, sorry.
That's fine. Thanks for your work, I've been following DraStic since it first came out for Pandora, and I was like, that would be great if it came out for Android! So pumped for this, won't be able to use nds4droid anymore because I know what's coming!

I'm doing some testing myself on this, but don't ask for a copy I'll ignore ya ;)

It's running great on stuff like the xperia play & htc evo 3d. Extremely playable with a bit of frameskip. I don't know if I would recommend anything less than that at the moment. But considering those devices struggle a bit with N64 I'd say roughly the same spec requirements for acceptable gameplay. That may change in future updates.

My note 2 (quad a9's) has just fantastic performance though, basically everything I throw at it (minus some rendering bugs that are being reported and worked on) runs full speed with little or no frameskip at all, no problem. Can't wait to try out on nvidia shield.

The UI so far is the best I've seen on any emulator on a mobile device period, it's eyecandy, has an incredible amount of useful features (google drive upload of savestates!?! yes please), it's intuitive and easy to use. This is well worth whatever he ends up charging for it. Top notch work, you're going to be extremely happy with this one, you have my word.

will have some videos soon showing off a bunch of games and giving a little walk through of the current interface.

Last edited by a moderator:
The UI so far is the best I've seen on any emulator on a mobile device period, it's eyecandy, has an incredible amount of useful features (google drive upload of savestates!?! yes please), it's intuitive and easy to use. This is well worth whatever he ends up charging for it. Top notch work, you're going to be extremely happy with this one, you have my word.
This bit makes me glad.  Performance is crucial of course but the UI is the part I was concerned about.  Hearing this is great.

If you still need more beta tests let me know, i have 2 mediatek phones, mtk6575 and mtk6589, one is single core, the other is quad-core, i was wondering how the emu runs on mediatek phones.

About the price, i think is fair enough, like you said, its not a port, and by the video, i can see it will meet people expectations, and its will be a nds emu, with no competition, i mean, nds4droid is free, but it runs quite slow despite all the features it has, and dsoid, a bit faster with no features at all, for the people who really want to play nds games on the phone, like me, will pay the 8$, i would pay even more, but thats just me :D

Glad it supports bluetooth controllers, already bought me a moga controller to use it on this emu.

@exophase:

imho you should not expect the casual smartphone/mobile/tablet android user to do troubleshooting willingly.

seeing that some proper configuration needs to be taken care of beforehand (even if done easily, doesnt matter really), you will most likely see a good deal of negative comments.

especially if ppl paid for what they believe doesnt work.

so my advice is to charge 8 bucks (or even more) instead of anything less. simply because your work is worth it.

user reactions like:

"hmm somehow that aint working. clearly i just have to try harder to make it work (even tho i got no clue whats going on). i paid for it after all."

OR

"crap! tried it - doesnt work. i guess i got punked! but i only paid 5$ so ill still give it a good rating..."

are highly unlikely, dont you think?

It doesn't really need proper configuration, it just needs the BIOS/firmware files installed and it tries to help you with that as much as possible. Ideally it would have been best to avoid this by using HLE and hopefully in the future this can be accomplished. But right now it's not worth stalling other development for a few weeks and suffering the inevitable regression/fix cycle this would impose so it's put off for the time being :/

FPSe and ePSXe have the same requirement and AFAIK not a lot of negativity surrounding them, if I can do remotely as well as they have I think it could be considered a success. It'd be great if you could extend Google's grace period, 15 minutes is a joke.. I'd have no problem giving up to 48 hours no questions asked but sadly that's not an option :/

The setup for this is a no brainer really, I didn't even have my files named correctly and it still took them. Just throw them on the root of the sd card. If you are able to load a rom getting the emulator to start is even easier. This makes the pandora's setup of drastic seem difficult in comparison. And compared to fpse and epsxe this is as easy if not much easier than those.

Obviously not needing bios files at all would be best, but this is the next best thing from it going out and downloading them for you. They have made it as easy as can be from the legal standpoint.

You need a DS linker and the software to dump the bios.

Do a little search on google  ;)

Hrm, well I hope I can work around that like how one would do it with ePSXe (no details of course =)

will have some videos soon showing off a bunch of games and giving a little walk through of the current interface.
Looking forward to the video clips mate...  Can we have permission nag you every day for them lol

Trying to seperate myself from my kids and stuff to do the video. Wife's doing school and is eating my freetime watching kids all evening. Its comming as soon as I get a chance, promise.

@Exophase

Hi im a official beta tester on android emulators.

I just heard about this awsome new ds emulator for android

Im very interested in becoming a tester for you.

Device

Galaxy note 2 GT-N7100

Gpu-Mali400

Cpu-exynos 1.6ghz quodcore

Firmware- any

Official tester for

N64oid-pre alpha 2.8

Fpse- current beta.

Epsxe-current beta

My Boy-current beta

https://www.youtube.com/embed/mdSYo0AElGw?feature=oembed

Hello I would like to know when will come out first version in google play :) ?

It runs on slow device like xperia neo v?

I can not wait to test it  :eek:

Back