Future DraStic Android port: help needed

The Xperia Neo V features a Snapdragon S2 processor so it has the NEON support to at least run it.  Performance estimates will be left to the dev.

Exophase, could you get the minium and recommended specs out please.

Athough the software is showing promise, i don't really want to invest in something which i cannot play.

Its not official but any armv7 (cortex a8, a9, a15), 512mb ram, neon support (tegra 2 doesnt have neon) should be capable of running it. I am doing 1 video as a walkthrough of the interface and features and 1 video demonstrating performance on various hardware. Single core a8 (xperia play), dual core a8 (evo 3d), dual core a9 (jxd s7300), and quad core a9 (galaxy note 2). Should give a good idea of the spectium of performance & requirements. I cant personally reccommend anything less than a monocore a8 @ 1ghz, (xperia play) which I will demo and you'll see why.

Told my wife Im doing the video tonight, she had me up till midnight agian last night watching children after work :(

Last edited by a moderator:
$8 for Drastic on Adroid is cheap.  I would even pay $50 for it if Exophase charges for it  :D .  

Would Drastic work well on Nvidia Shield?

Exophase create a fan page on facebook to help promote your work, and keep people informed about the progress of the emulator posting videos and images - *

I think we would pay 50$ for an app. The free and shareware kiddies from android are spoiled. Magic numbers like 4.99$ are working great on them. Or a version where you can try it free (which has no savestates and quits itself everytime after 5 minutes playtime and shows and advertise for the full 4.99$ version).

Edit: even better, says it will quit, but you can spend NOW the 5$ and save your game progress, on the level you tried the whole day. Or it will be lost. Bruce Schneier wrote on this, it works f....g fantastic

http://www.schneier.com/blog/archives/2013/07/f2p_monetizatio.html

I think we would pay 50$ for an app. The free and shareware kiddies from android are spoiled. Magic numbers like 4.99$ are working great on them. Or a version where you can try it free (which has no savestates and quits itself everytime after 5 minutes playtime and shows and advertise for the full 4.99$ version).

Edit: even better, says it will quit, but you can spend NOW the 5$ and save your game progress, on the level you tried the whole day. Or it will be lost. Bruce Schneier wrote on this, it works f....g fantastic

http://www.schneier.com/blog/archives/2013/07/f2p_monetizatio.html
I call this cheating or illegal scam  :p   Just charge me $50 and I pay.  That's it.  I'm not a little kid.

hi can i be the tester also eventhought im newber member :) i read it from android games news site about this emulator

my device is galaxy tab 2 and motorola milestone :D

Love the interface, good job on that lordus, iam really excited for this emu, dont take much longer please :D

Love the feature to upload save states to google drive, really cool.

@ Android : Many thanks for uploading the videos, appetite is well & truly whetted. :)

@ Exophase & Lordus : Looks like great work so far, best of luck with the launch.

Back