Future DraStic Android port: help needed

Exophase:  Are you also planning an Ouya port & release for Drastic?

Is there any security that can be added to an APK to stop unauthorised installations?

Need to try and limit the theft of APK's. maybe there is added security to make it not worth the effort to steal.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wasn't in particular, but that'd really be up to Lordus (I can ask him, although he'll probably see this himself before I do). I do however think the lack of touchscreen would pose a serious problem for a lot of games, even with the touchpad.

I don't have an OUYA, but i am not averse to do an OUYA version. Maybe I'll get one later this year.

As Exophase said though, the lack of a touchscreen will surely limit the range of games that can be played properly on there.

When you say this will be in a class of its own I presume that it'll play many games at near-native speeds already?

What I mean is even nds4droid's latest release will slow down when playing Advance Wars Days of Ruin on my Galaxy S4 and it's a 2D game.  If DraStic can play consistently over 50FPS I'd pay $8 right now just to beta test.

(As for security, you might want to look into methods to deal with it now before anything is released.  It's an unfortunate situation that piracy on Android is tremendous).

(Have a GNex, Nexus One and Galaxy S4 to test on)

The price is reasonable, but maybe not good for selling a lot of emulators. Try 4.99$. Sounds stupid, but the price number has some magic in it. 4.99$ is far better than 5.00$.  And 10.000 people buying it for 4.99$ are better than 2.000 buying it for 8€.

I am willing to pay $8 if it runs good. Are you still going to get people to beta test? Or are you going to release it to everyone at the same time? I'm fine either way, as I'm sure it will be worth the wait!

hallo !exo : D

I want to ask you some questions

1, Will the app has ads?

2,Dose Asynchronism or Synchronous matters?

Could drastic run well on Asynchronism phones (like htc g17)compared to Synchronous ones?

I don't really like going ad-supported. For China we were thinking of releasing it on other stores. Do you have any ideas how feasible this is?

Sorry but I don't know exactly what you mean by your second question. If you're asking if it'll work okay on single core platforms, the answer is that it won't work as well as it does on Pandora of similar CPU power. However, for the phone you mentioned (HTC G17), if this is the one (http://www.chinaecarts.com/htc-g17-dual-sim-android-23-os-43-inch-capacitive-screen-3g-wcdma-smart-phone-with-wifi-tv-p-2614.html) it won't run at all because that uses a very old ARM11 processor - DraStic needs NEON instructions to work meaning it needs something with at least a Cortex-A8 or Qualcomm Scorpion. Unfortunately that also means Tegra 2 won't work.

/> />/>

I don't really like going ad-supported. For China we were thinking of releasing it on other stores. Do you have any ideas how feasible this is?

Sorry but I don't know exactly what you mean by your second question. If you're asking if it'll work okay on single core platforms, the answer is that it won't work as well as it does on Pandora of similar CPU power. However, for the phone you mentioned (HTC G17), if this is the one (http://www.chinaecarts.com/htc-g17-dual-sim-android-23-os-43-inch-capacitive-screen-3g-wcdma-smart-phone-with-wifi-tv-p-2614.html) it won't run at all because that uses a very old ARM11 processor - DraStic needs NEON instructions to work meaning it needs something with at least a Cortex-A8 or Qualcomm Scorpion. Unfortunately that also means Tegra 2 won't work.
My htc g17(evo 3d) is this one http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTC_Evo_3D It could run drastic well,right?

thanks for your reply : )

We may see about doing an ad-supported version for China only. I don't want it to be a universal alternative.

Evo 3D should run DraStic alright, but we haven't tested on hardware like that yet so we don't know exactly.

We may see about doing an ad-supported version for China only. I don't want it to be a universal alternative.

Evo 3D should run DraStic alright, but we haven't tested on hardware like that yet so we don't know exactly.
thanks exo.XD

I also use the evo 3d. Great phone when I switched to negalite firmware. Would be happy to test drive drastic on it

I have a HTC Desire HD with 1 GHz Scorpion ARMv7

My dad has a motorola defy plus with   1 GHz Cortex-A8 with ARMv7

Mum has a wildfire S but i'm not sure it supports neon.

I will probablt be getting a tablet in the future aswell with A9 or A15 processor.

All android. And i have access to a desktop which i could send you debugging info.

I could test your apk on these devices given that they are free to test. If they work well, will buy once released.

I have tested other games from alpha stage with NDA, so i can keep quiet about this project.

I'm not used to programming, but i can give you feedback on the UI, what to improve and stuff. I can also explain where the software crashed in layman's terms.

PS: A bit cheeky, but would be possible for testers to get a free version once released?

:D

Back