For Anyone Who Cares...

Wow... just tried that one out. And I do declare believe you've done what OS9x tried to be but didn't quite make. Barring transparencies, sound, and of course, the obvious graphical glitches in some games (e.g. Terranigma). But speed-wise this is very very very cool.

Although that said, I must add that I don't think the fps counter is *always* a true indicator to the speed the game is running at, I'm afraid. Just try going outside in Terranigma, and the whole thing slows a LOT without impacting fps.

full screen filtering isn't too bad if done correctly. Don't forget that unstretched like it is now gives an incorrect aspect ratio

full screen filtering isn't too bad if done correctly. Don't forget that unstretched like it is now gives an incorrect aspect ratio

Indeed, TVs are 4:3 and the default SNES resolution is not, therefor the image gets stretched on the TV which is correct.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I get tired of all the "you can't stretch it, it won't look right" posts. I personally want EVERYTHING stretched to fill the screen, even at the expense of quality. It simply a matter of OCD - I just need the screen filled.

As for the emulator, you can count on a donation. How could you not donate for the Holy Grail of all GP2X emulators?

yeah, i cant stand games which dont fill the screen, bugs the hell out of me having a black border around it

What are the chances that this will one day run Mario Kart, Donky Kong Country and Starfox?

Complete non techie here (despite my computer science degree)

NTSC SNES Resolution is 256x224 Pixel and NTSC TV Resolution is 512x448. No stretching here, Dr Cain And if there would be stetching, it would look nice on a TV, but not on a LCD

NTSC SNES Resolution is 256x224 Pixel and NTSC TV Resolution is 512x448. No stretching here, Dr Cain And if there would be stetching, it would look nice on a TV, but not on a LCD

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Display_resolution

NTSC can handle upto 720×486. However CRT's, unlike LCDs are capable of non-square pixels. This means they can maintain 4:3 aspect ratios with a variety of resolutions. With LCD, if the pixel ratios aren't 4:3 then the image will be distorted compared to a CRT image

Yeah, I get tired of all the "you can't stretch it, it won't look right" posts. I personally want EVERYTHING stretched to fill the screen, even at the expense of quality. It simply a matter of OCD - I just need the screen filled.

As for the emulator, you can count on a donation. How could you not donate for the Holy Grail of all GP2X emulators?

The Holy Grail was never found. I believe Gamecube or Xbox would be the "Holy Grail" of GP2X emulators.

This however is attainable as Squidge has proven.

Question, does this have sound implemented yet?

What are the chances that this will one day run Mario Kart, Donky Kong Country and Starfox?

Complete non techie here (despite my computer science degree)
*smacks head on ground*

My head or your head? Was there something wrong with my question?

both, either, hanz is always smacking someones, something......somewhere :)
And the chances are moderate to high on it being able to run those games I think.

Yeah, I get tired of all the "you can't stretch it, it won't look right" posts.  I personally want EVERYTHING stretched to fill the screen, even at the expense of quality.  It simply a matter of OCD - I just need the screen filled.

As for the emulator, you can count on a donation.  How could you not donate for the Holy Grail of all GP2X emulators?

The Holy Grail was never found. I believe Gamecube or Xbox would be the "Holy Grail" of GP2X emulators.

This however is attainable as Squidge has proven.

Question, does this have sound implemented yet?

Well, the Holy Grail in many peoples opinion is a proper SNES emulator. Like the original, it was never found on the GP32, but close. Especially after Reesy fixed the sound. However, for the Gamecube or Xbox to be the Holy Grail, I think the possibility for them to exist would need to be substantiated. The SNES emulator just needs to be found, and Xbox or Gamecube emulator will never even exist to be found ;) .

This sounds Philosophical.

Back