For Anyone Who Cares...

HELP, WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?

Just got my GP2X today, been playing DRMD ok.
When I install SquidgeSNES, it starts to load then the screen appears for 1/2 sec then bombs out?
I have added the ROM / Skin Dir, what am I missing? Thanks for the help in advance.

From a stupid noob :(

Sorry, being a Retard, sorted now (Don't ask!)

DaveC, you can get Energizer 2200mAh batteries that charge in 15 minutes from Wal-Mart. They aren't on the Wal-Mart website despite being out for over a year, but I know they exist because I have them and a few of my friends do as well (from Wal-Mart).

They insist that every mm of the screen is covered. Even though it is filled with uglyness, pixel distortion, and rippley scrolling, at least it is filled. Alot of people generally don't care about quality they just want "their moneys worth" and I guess they feel like they are getting jipped if every last pixel isn't being used.

I paid for my pixels, and they're going to waste D:

I've found a bug with SquidgeSNES. Sometimes the sound gets broken running it and it breaks all other minilib games, too. And sometimes it breaks the videoplayer, too =\.

That happened to me last NIGHT! First I thought it was SSNES, then I restarted my GP2X, and because sound worked again, I thought it was just my GP2X screwing with me.

Also, I don't know if this has to do with Transparencies or not, but in Lttp when you're escaping the castle with Zelda, the areas that you normally walk blind through until you find a torch thing to light with your lantern are clear as day. It made it pretty easy to avoid enemies when I could see them all. XD If this is because of Transparencies, please tell me someone. If it isn't, then list that as a bug or something that needs to be implemented.

Last edited by a moderator:
sup tryied this emu with 1.4.0 version and dont work, someone more got same problem ( i got black screen when i try to load rom)

thats hardly the fault of the emu... keep in mind that it is a beta firmeware, that you arent supposed to have.

thats completely incorrect. i really dont know where all this uglyness about scaling came from, but it seems to have been just you, any SSNES game i play with stretching looks just as good as without, its nothing to do with "getting your moneys worth" it just looks better so you dont have to squint to see things =|

Scaling looks ugly, I don't know how you can say it doesn't . The uneven every 10th pixel doubled causes distortion, lines, and ripple when things scroll YUK, and text looks even worse.

As far as squinting does a few mms cause the difference between seeing easily and not? If so you need glasses. Ever play a DS? How do people play those?

Gandalfjip posted on Feb 8 2006 at 04:30 PM said:
sup tryied this emu with 1.4.0 version and dont work, someone more got same problem ( i got black screen when i try to load rom)

I've been playing smw all afternoon on 1.4.0 so it's not necessarily the new firmware which has broken it

DaveC posted on Feb 8 2006 at 03:38 PM said:
thats completely incorrect. i really dont know where all this uglyness about scaling came from, but it seems to have been just you, any SSNES game i play with stretching looks just as good as without, its nothing to do with "getting your moneys worth" it just looks better so you dont have to squint to see things =|

Scaling looks ugly, I don't know how you can say it doesn't . The uneven every 10th pixel doubled causes distortion, lines, and ripple when things scroll YUK, and text looks even worse.

As far as squinting does a few mms cause the difference between seeing easily and not? If so you need glasses. Ever play a DS? How do people play those?

As far as squinting does a few mms cause the difference between seeing easily and not?: yes

If so you need glasses.: no

Ever play a DS? : no

How do people play those?: no idea?

I'd rather have the aspect ratio right than worry about scaling artefacts.
Or is it just Y-scaling you are bothered about? I didn't read all the posts.

DaveC posted on Feb 8 2006 at 04:38 PM said:

I actually agree with you, however it depends how the scaling is done exactly. It does look bad on SquidgeSnes.

shannow posted on Feb 8 2006 at 03:50 PM said:

I've been playing smw all afternoon on 1.4.0 so it's not necessarily the new firmware which has broken it

thats the answer thta i was searching, thank you

Gandalfjip posted on Feb 8 2006 at 05:08 PM said:
shannow posted on Feb 8 2006 at 03:50 PM said:

thats the answer thta i was searching, thank you
Wow freaky you must have placed that post at almost exactly the same time as me, as, as soon as I posted my screen loaded up the page with my post on it, but there was a second post with yours on after mine?!

Back