Firmeware 2.1.0 Ready!

The CPU/LCD tweaker doesn't seem to work with the new firmware. No more gamma :(

Micket posted on Oct 22 2006 at 08:52 PM said:
The random stops sucks ass. I haven't been able to to see through a whole video yet with fw 2.0.0
But then.. DrMD.. i still want to use it... :/
Is it possible to only update the movieplayer?
It should be easier updating DrMd. I was in the process of recompiling it but I have problems compiling the cyclone core. It seems to be written to be compiled with vc++ and I have problems getting it to compile with gcc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ryo posted on Oct 22 2006 at 10:30 PM said:
It should be easier updating DrMd. I was in the process of recompiling it but I have problems compiling the cyclone core. It seems to be written to be compiled with vc++ and I have problems getting it to compile with gcc.
You can take Cyclone from PicoDrive, it has gcc compile fixed and should work.

Bugs I foun in the new firmware:

If I jump one track foward and one track back, the song plays 2x faster..

If I press select while playing music in TV-OUT the bottom LCD turns purple..

Sometimes I cant resume a movie, its starts from the beggining again..

Odd request, can someone send me the files through e-mail. Current situation won’t allow me to go to most gp2x sites and download this firmware. PM me please. Thanks.

Malic posted on Oct 22 2006 at 09:55 PM said:
Odd request, can someone send me the files through e-mail. Current situation won’t allow me to go to most gp2x sites and download this firmware. PM me please. Thanks.
Explain current situation, sounds like a blast. :rolleyes:

Seriosuly though I'd like to help you, PM me your email and I'll send it to you tomorrow morning (eastern time).

-Alex

shinneri posted on Oct 22 2006 at 11:14 PM said:
The videos are still choppier for me than they used to be with 2.0.0... :unsure:
Were you using full mode to watch video's on 2.0.0? As when flashing, it reverts your movie viewing preferences back to normal mode.

If it's just in the movie player, it's a bug. If outside of that .. your headphone jack's Jack Sense pin is loose. There's almost no solder on there on pre-MK2 units so it's a common fault. You can resolder it yourself or send it in for repair... I resoldered mine but only the L channel works. The jack itself is broken. (fun..)

noreason posted on Oct 23 2006 at 07:34 AM said:
When i plug my headphones in, sound is also still out of the gp2x boxes (only for movieplayer). Bug, or is it just at mine? :)
bug ;)

GPH has updated the english pages ^^

heisty posted on Oct 23 2006 at 08:32 PM said:
so whats the final verdict?

2.0.0 or 2.1.0?

TIA.

There will never be a final verdict. :p

I personally can't ever use GPH's menu ever again ... EVER! After using gmenu2x, I find no need to update to this FW. Unless GPH adds some truly useful new features, I'll pass.

I’m doing something stupid here. I can use the update .gpu. The firmware is now 2.1.0. Here’s things that I’ve tried.
-Formatting my SD card.
-Formatting my NAND memory.
-Plugging it in (Worth a shot.)
-Re downloaded just in case it magically got corrupted.
Out of ideas, got any?

I've only been able to get the system menu to come up from gmenu2x with the new firmware (as Ryo was nice enough to put up a sample).

How do I get the stock music player, file explorer, and picture viewer, etc, working?

EDIT: I tried changing the parameter line to '--enable-terminate --view-music' and it didn't work, or I'm stupid.

TelcoLou posted on Oct 24 2006 at 02:47 AM said:
heisty posted on Oct 23 2006 at 08:32 PM said:
so whats the final verdict?

2.0.0 or 2.1.0?

TIA.

There will never be a final verdict. :p

I personally can't ever use GPH's menu ever again ... EVER! After using gmenu2x, I find no need to update to this FW. Unless GPH adds some truly useful new features, I'll pass.

You like gmenu2x? FW 2.1.0 adds commandline options for the gp2x menu. So you can use 2 new links direct from gmenu.

See here.

The second good point of FW 2.1.0 is the improved stability of the movieplayer.

So my advise is: Get 2.1.0 now!

Regards,
Stephan

did anyone else found sd access speed better than before with this firmware?
Big neogeo games feel better, less choppy. Ie, the first second of a round in garou is more fluid, same as Blazingstar intro.
I did a quick test with hdparm (http://archive.gp2x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,8,1303), and it showed some noticeable improvement in buffered reads.

Back