Firmeware 2.1.0 Ready!

Don't worry... it's not something I've encountered before these boards either...

But yeah video playback has been fine for me also. I also like the fact that you can play OGM files without having to rename them to AVI now! :)

EDIT: I just realised that the above double quote is a bit of an oxymoron...

Maybe I'll give it another shot in the near future. If there's a god in heaven hopefully she'll work.

Last edited by a moderator:
(wow i casnt belive i just read all 14 pages of this thread) whoo so i have one simple question, do al lthe apps that worked with 2.0.0 work with this? cause i have alot of crap that i use (i have just about everyting from the games section in the archive) and im wondering if i will loose alot of those apps if i upgrade? (or just one or two)

(wow i casnt belive i just read all 14 pages of this thread) whoo so i have one simple question, do al lthe apps that worked with 2.0.0 work with this? cause i have alot of crap that i use (i have just about everyting from the games section in the archive) and im wondering if i will loose alot of those apps if i upgrade? (or just one or two)

Well, pretty much just 1 or 2. There was a guy that posted all the apps that he tried out and listed that only 2 don't work. One of them being drmdx which is now compatible. I can't remember the other one. You could always downgrade.

Here's what he tested.

Tested correctly with Beat2x, supertux, ladykiller, tilmatch, raw, reminiscence, puzzleland, n-tris, falldown, dstroy, blockrage, vektar, taile-tail, sudoku2x, spout, memorygp2x, bubbletrain, Barrage, Gmenu2X, cpuspeed, CraigAmp, EnergySaver, Enexfi, gp2x_vtex, GP=2X, sterm, Cyberhockey, Deal or no Deal, Extender, Levelsshmup, Stris, sokoban, solitaire2x, starnsball, GngeoV0.7, PSX4ALL, PicoDrive V0.963, MAMEGP2x V3.1, SquidgeSNES V0.38, AlexKidd2X V0.4, GNUBoy2x V0.6.
Just DrMdV5b7 and HU6280 don't work and stay freezing on the "Patching MMU hack" screen. New version of DrMdx that work with firmware 2.1.0 is here. HU6280 can work if you disable MMUHack in the .ini file.

i use picodrive anyways, but all seems to work well (upgraded last night) i like the improvements and all so i say its a good update (imo) i dont get why people are bashing it

New firmware 2.1.1 has been done to correct problems in the MP3 player that has been reported ;)

I suppose the resentment is because GPH was asbout a month and a half late on the release, maybe more, and it had barely any new features. Fading menus etc. don't really count as a feature, they introduced new bugs to the video player, and the MMU hack implementation, if that's what they did, broke programs. Not many, but it still broke them and logic therefore dictates it'll probably hassle someone else down the road, too. You really have to wonder what GPH is spending all their time on if a firmware update and producing a breakout box can take close to 6 months.

I suppose the resentment is because GPH was asbout a month and a half late on the release, maybe more, and it had barely any new features. Fading menus etc. don't really count as a feature, they introduced new bugs to the video player, and the MMU hack implementation, if that's what they did, broke programs. Not many, but it still broke them and logic therefore dictates it'll probably hassle someone else down the road, too. You really have to wonder what GPH is spending all their time on if a firmware update and producing a breakout box can take close to 6 months.

Great! So it wasn't just me!? :)

Has anyone done a news post about the new Firmware 2.1.1? I'm resisting because I'm not sure if a news post about it is just pending approval...

Don't think so, I found out about it from the latest files in the archive 2 days ago.

*sigh* I see Epi's at it again

News in: Epicenter slags off GPH. Other news: sun rises, water flows downhill etc

You guys need a couple of beers is all. A couple more for Epicenter. ;)

- Alex

Back