Firmeware 2.1.0 Ready!

Yod4z

GPH has distributed the new firmware on the korean page ,here and now on Gp2xArchive: http://www.gp2x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,42,1871

How to put the update:
1- Copy on the root of your SD card the file in the archive.
2- Put on your GP2x with the SELECT and START buttons pressed until the firmeware update screen appears.
3- When you come to the menu, go to the "Utility" menu and launch the .gpu file.

New on this firmware:
Audio Player:
- ID3Tag support. Only Album and title info.
- Choice between 11 Equalizers (NORMAL EQ, ROCK EQ, POP EQ, JAZZ EQ, CLASSIC EQ, DANCE EQ, HEAVYMETAL EQ, DISCO EQ, SOFT EQ, LIVE 3D EQ, HALL EQ)

Video Player:
- Correction when pause and replay an Xvid movie
- Addition of Brithness and Contrast configuration on Setting/LCD menu. To acces to this option on the videoplayer juste press SELECT when playing movie.
- ".OGM" files are now showed on the filebrowser

Image viewer;
- Updated Libjpeg then some problems with jpeg viewing file corrected.

EBook:
- SELECT + L or R : Begining of the file or end of the file.

Menu:
- 5 effects on the screen transition selectables (None, Blink, Overlap, Wipe, Blind, Scoll).
- Ajust CPU on CPU demande option.
- Selectable characters set (UTF-8, EUC-JP, Shift-JIS, GB2312, BIG5, EUC-KR/UHC, ISO-8859-1, ISO-8859-2, ISO-8859-3, ISO-8859-4ISO-8859-5, ISO-8859-7, ISO-8859-9, ISO-8859-10, ISO-8859-13, ISO-8859-14, ISO-8859-15, ISO-8859-16, ASCII (Like Firmware 2.0.0)) .
- Selectable Skin if .gps file installed in the nand/skin. To creat .gps files you have to use the Skinmaker from GPH when you have done your own skin just pres F8 and you find your gps file in the skin directory of skinmaker. Mini tuto here

SD Card acces:
Mutch better acces to the SD card, better emulation on Gngeo of large game using .gfx files or in beat2x ;)

Tested correctly with Beat2x, supertux, ladykiller, tilmatch, raw, reminiscence, puzzleland, n-tris, falldown, dstroy, blockrage, vektar, taile-tail, sudoku2x, spout, memorygp2x, bubbletrain, Barrage, Gmenu2X, cpuspeed, CraigAmp, EnergySaver, Enexfi, gp2x_vtex, GP=2X, sterm, Cyberhockey, Deal or no Deal, Extender, Levelsshmup, Stris, sokoban, solitaire2x, starnsball, GngeoV0.7, PSX4ALL, PicoDrive V0.963, MAMEGP2x V3.1, SquidgeSNES V0.38, AlexKidd2X V0.4, GNUBoy2x V0.6.
Just DrMdV5b7 and HU6280 don't work and stay freezing on the "Patching MMU hack" screen. New version of DrMdx that work with firmware 2.1.0 is here. HU6280 can work if you disable MMUHack in the .ini file.

If you have done a good update you would have on the boot of your GP2x this screen (pay attention to the number). If you don't have this you have tu put the .img file of the upgrade in the root of your SD and boot up your GP2x pressing START+SELECT.
BootFirm2.1.jpg

And if you go through the menu "Setting", "Info" you would have this (pay attention to the number). If you don't have this juste go through "Utility" menu en select the .gpu file that come with the firmware upgrade.
SystemFirm2.1.jpg

New:
GPH Has updated the english pages: gp2x.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, allready? And what it does, exept possability of changing skins? (this only what i can read about :) )

It would be great, if they could turn on second core using at firmware level yet. I mean do something that every running program can use it. Uh, little unclear and maybe im dreaming too much, but somehow i believe, that it could be done.

yes yes yes yes yes. This is great news.

Well I can read some stuff about ID3 and maybe also playlists. No clue really though.

Franxis posted on Oct 20 2006 at 09:06 AM said:
Is MAME GP2X running ok with the new firmware???
It sure is, I just gave Galaga a go. There's a yellow rectangle displayed right before the MAME title screen though, I don't know what that's all about.

- Alex

Franxis posted on Oct 20 2006 at 01:06 PM said:
Is MAME GP2X running ok with the new firmware???
Yes, tested with snowbros and Street figher 2

Great! So what about the source? Those of us working on Open2X would very much like to be able to catch up with this release now ..

I will release an update the user guide later on today. I am currently adding the new features in fw 2.1.0 to the guide and also adding a few new things such as a breakout board guide.

O awesome new skins and minor bugs fixed. Thats not the kind of release I wait this long for. Thats like a little patch that should be released every few weeks. Maybe theres something in that description that i don't understand or was left out of English translation, but this seems really unimpressive.

Great FW!
On my GP2X the FW2.1.0 is only shown on the green loading screen. And when i go to INFO it says 2.0.0. Is that OK? Also i still can't see OGM's and they are really have that extension.

Puck2099 posted on Oct 20 2006 at 01:45 PM said:
Could someone try AlexKidd2X using this new firmware, please? :)

Thanks
V0.4 tested with sonic and it work ;)

Dennis1989 posted on Oct 20 2006 at 02:13 PM said:
Great FW!
On my GP2X the FW2.1.0 is only shown on the green loading screen. And when i go to INFO it says 2.0.0. Is that OK? Also i still can't see OGM's and they are really have that extension.
you have to launch the .gpu file next to update the player (movie, audio, image) ;)

Yod4z posted on Oct 20 2006 at 04:14 PM said:
Puck2099 posted on Oct 20 2006 at 01:45 PM said:
Could someone try AlexKidd2X using this new firmware, please? :)

Thanks
V0.4 tested with sonic and it work ;)

Dennis1989 posted on Oct 20 2006 at 02:13 PM said:
Great FW!
you have to launch the .gpu file next to update the player (movie, audio, image) ;)

Thanks for the quick reply :)

Back