Firmeware 2.1.0 Ready!

The Green GP2X loading screen in the beginning still shows 2.0.0, but the info screen shows 2.1.0. What did I do wrong?

Also, it seems that videos are definitely more choppy (not as many fps for sure). :(

Guyfawkes posted on Oct 21 2006 at 12:01 AM said:
you can grab liquido.gps from http://207.44.176.77/~admin28/Liquido.zip (there until tomorrow morning). can someone upload to the gp2x archive for me, just got home and am knackered. thanks :)

oh, is anyone interested in writing a small guide on how the skin maker and the new skin feature works? will save me some time tomorrow working it all out and writing/adding it to the gp2x user guide. let me know or post here. thanks again :)
Yeah I'm a bit lost on how to install this skin. Do I need to use the skin maker program or do I just copy it to a specific location on my gp2x?

Last edited by a moderator:
The .gps file needs to be on the NAND flash under the dir 'skin' you can then select it in settings.

Edit: downside with the Liquido skin.... options in settings/system is in koren :( although the rest of it appears fine...so far. Skin seems nice though.

suppafly posted on Oct 20 2006 at 04:20 PM said:
Wheres is the WMV video support?

GPH: If you DONT plan to support it then just DELETE from your website the sentence that says there will be future support for wmv!
Ditto. While I have no need for WMV, it's still stupid to advertise it whithout offering any real support for it. if it'll come by later, advertise it then, not now.

Lupin posted on Oct 20 2006 at 04:33 PM said:
How long does it take to update the Firmware from the beginning at the Firmware Upgrading part? Ive been here for about 10 to 15 minutes now :(
Turn it off and try again. It worked flawlessly for me, finished it in under 20 seconds. I hope this won't start a whole new wave of bricking...

Puck2099 posted on Oct 20 2006 at 06:25 PM said:
Sorry for my English :unsure:
Puck stop saying that. Your English is just fine, much better than many native speakers'.

- Alex

For Use skin you have to make skin with skinmaker and when your skin is done juste press F8 and in the skin directory you find a .gps file. You put in Nand/skin your gps file and now in the gph setting menu you can choose them ^^

Dennis1989 posted on Oct 20 2006 at 07:50 PM said:
Since this FW the OGM files i played are doing weird.. the movie time for each OGM is now 00:00 and when i go fast forward it freezes.. I checked the video on bad frames but the file is OK.

edit: im going to downgrade to 2.0
The ogm support is just for simple conterner use 1 audio file and only xvid/divx MP3/ogg codec

I forgot how cool the Liquido skin was..

fbdumpaw5.png

The Settings screen in this version is Korean though..

fbdumpwx2.png

Manwe posted on Oct 20 2006 at 09:39 PM said:
Uff at I just finished to fix CANDY skin for the NEW firmware.
Download it here (1 Mb) and run .GPE file:
www.thesands.ru/candy_skin_fw21.zip
scrnshot[1].jpg

It was a hard work!

Looks nice, but you really should try Gmenu2X. It is far better than the crap stock GPH menu, skin or not. Then maybe convert your skin to that.

DaveC posted on Oct 21 2006 at 01:07 AM said:
scrnshot[1].jpg

It was a hard work!

Looks nice, but you really should try Gmenu2X. It is far better than the crap stock GPH menu, skin or not. Then maybe convert your skin to that.

well... i dont know, but i really like this new skinchanging-faeture and im looking very forward to more .gps skins... liquido is also very nice!

No. The GP2X stock menu is great, simple, and intuitive. I'm not saying GMenu2X is not good, but please don't badmouth the stock without backing up your words.

- Alex

It was a hard work!

sorry but u should use the new system and create a gps file using the skinmaker program released just for making skins for firmware 2.1 all u have to do is download the skinmaker from the archive and place ure skin in the skin folder of that program then u run it and goto settings and select your skin then u press F8 and the program will create a gps file of your skin it's this file you should distribute so that people can place it on /mnt/nand/skin and so that he system menu picks it up and people can select it. The way ure doing it now is just wrong and was ok for previous firmware versions but not for the current one, i'm willing to create a gps file for u if u don't know how. heck u can even add credtis information and stuff about your skin so please update it correctly :)

"I sense a great disturbance in the force..."

:lol: Hilarious ... bickering over menus ... :lol:

I'm a purist. I wouldn't want to use anything but the original menu; it just seems wrong to change it. That's also why I always stuck with the European FW on my BLU.

I got the kernel update, and the problems seem to have been sorted out. Thanks, guys. :) The transitions aren't as tacky as I thought they'd be (actually, they're quite nice), menus themselves look better, and the transparency is nice in the video player. But I still think there should have been more considering the length of the delay...

I have an SD card formatted as ext2 and one formatted as fat. They both have gmenu2x on them and autorun.gpu which starts gmenu2x. I upgraded to 2.1 and the vfat one still works i.e. gmenu2x starts automatically but not the ext2 one. I have changed start.sh to mount the ext2 sd card if its not mounted by the time start.sh runs. Any ideas which other script needs to be edited?

Back