Release Firefox 13.0

hdonk

Firefox 13.0 is built and working... Seems to perform better than ever. Just waiting for enough bandwidth to upload it... *Tease*

Edit:

Now in repo.

Brought to you by Suite Princess - Playa De Taurito - Gran Canaria!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ha, I knew we can count on you when I have read FF13 is out there. :D

Firefox has replaced Midori as my main Pandora Browser, thanks to your solid porting. It may render pages a litle bit slow but it is stable, all the FF plugins are working and with a swap file enabled, the Browser can even handle some bigger Multimedia content pages without trouble. :)

exellent news, yeah I heard ff13 is meant to be much faster dunno how much it will show on the pandora.

lol I doubt it, flash isnt part of firefox and we dont have access to a newer plugin, so if the flash plugin is part of this PND then it will still be the old one im afriad.

The flash plugin was recently updated and no it is not any better. Still need to stick to 240p videos. It's supposed to be able to use the DSP, but now that we have access to the DSP I don't know how to make it do that.

edit: sorry, this is a discussion best for the Flash thread. Good job on the build hdonk, I'm looking forward to trying it. :)

It asks for setting a profile directory on first run. What is the recommended path? The default one (/mnt/utmp/hdonk_firefox_001/...) doesn't work - it gives me this error message:

Profile couldn't be created. Probably the chosen folder isn't writable.
[Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80520015 (NS_ERROR_FILE_ACCESS_DENIED) ...

I upgraded from within PNDManager from 11 to 13, and all my plugins remained, except an appearance plugin which wasn't compatible. I use DownloadThemAll and AdBlocker Plus.

I just deleted my FireFox 11 pnd and replaced it with 13... I didn't touch the appdata folder. Everything seemed to work fine except for my Pandora freezing twice - which could be attributed to running out of RAM (i didn't have swap enabled at the time).

This is fine I assume? Unfortunately I can't go online anymore with my Pandora due to what i assume is an unrelated issue, so I can't test further.

Works a little bit faster than the previous version :) Updated without problems with PNDManager.

Thank you !! B)

Installed FF13 the other day....so far, works quite well.....

Thanks!

:)

I'm going to come out and say it. This is the best browser for the pandora. It's the most powerful, it's decently fast and it is a full desktop browser, which is what impresses people when they ask me about internet on the pandora.

Speaking of which, I keep forgetting how jarring it is to tell people that the pandora is a computer, particularly since every time someone asks about my pandora they think it's a nintendo ds. Every time. Then they geek out at what it really is.

Just an issue I have found and I don't know if was there in the previous version...

If I highlight some text with the pen and then keep pressed to open the contextual menu (the right click menu) but I move the selection, the highlighted text becomes the cursor !! And I'm not able to click anymore in the entire OS !! Even the Pandora button doesn't open the menu... the only thing I can do is reboot, even if the OS is still working

EDIT: with ALT+F2 is possible to open the terminal without the mouse... can always be useful

EDIT 2: if firefox is killed the cursor returns normal and can click again

Back