Release Firefox 13.0

It's just insane how configurable Firefox is. Here's how I set up mine to maximize screen space:

120911-030324.png

Hey, hdonk, what tools do you use to compile Firefox, and do you do anything special? I want to try my hand at porting IceCat, and it seems the C/C++ Dev Tools PND isn't enough to compile it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, hdonk, what tools do you use to compile Firefox, and do you do anything special? I want to try my hand at porting IceCat, and it seems the C/C++ Dev Tools PND isn't enough to compile it.
I set up an SD card with the development tools a couple of years back when the Angstrom feeds were still stable & consistent, and I use that.

Although it's probably going to have to change for the 1GHz unit due to the SGX DDK update.

Good News, FF 16 is out for PC (and Android), better Memory usage or whatever. :) Now we wait paitiently for a Pandora PND Version. ^^

I'll look at compiling this one once FF16 is back out (security flaw got the release withdrawn). So once it's back...

I'll look at compiling this one once FF16 is back out (security flaw got the release withdrawn). So once it's back...
Go for it! Also, can you look at getting WebGL working on your build please?

Go for it! Also, can you look at getting WebGL working on your build please?

Lol I'll see. The big issue for me is how to keep a firefox pnd in the repo, would it be worth just creating a new firefox entry and just change the version number to match the firefox version and build number? That way when ff17 comes out, it will be same link, appdata and what not?

The best way might be to get maintainer permissions from hdonk and use his pxml and startupscripts if he agrees.

seems to be compiling nicely in pandebian. I'll be doing a beta release of this pnd (should it actually finish compiling whilst im out) so we can iron out any problems. WebGL seems to be enabled but I wish to sort out languages and at this point it might only be en_us being used :S.

I'll bundle in the flash player obviously (from the ff13 build) and once we have this all up and running I fully intend on switching to iceweasel or icecat instead of firefox.

Back