Finding a proper name and logo :)

Pyragon is also my current favorite. It's short, original, has all the references (Pyrrha and Dragons), and lots of logo potential - polygon pyramid red-haired fiery fire feminine dragon.
I second that.

Dracon is also a great name.

Pyragon as well, I think it's even better.

Both of them are better than DragonBox.

Is that "peer-a-gone" or "pie-ra-gone"?

And now my head is putting emphasis on the wrong syllables, trying to read it as "pie-ragon", pronounced "dragon" but more "pi".

edit: as suggested in the IRC channel, "peer-a-gone" as in "Craig is out of here" :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I´m not too found of the ´dragon´ variations mostly cause of snapdragon processors and the old dragon trs80 computers.

Some other mythical type creature, folklore wise, could fit well, I just don´t have any yet on my mind.

But I do have a nice book about it lying around here somewhere, it should give some idea/options?

I will look into it.

I do believe that a myth creature would fit well the game and serious part of what this handheld is to be.

I´m not too found of the ´dragon´ variations mostly cause of snapdragon processors and the old dragon trs80 computers.

Some other mythical type creature, folklore wise, could fit well, I just don´t have any yet on my mind.

But I do have a nice book about it lying around here somewhere, it should give some idea/options?

I will look into it.

I do believe that a myth creature would fit well the game and serious part of what this handheld is to be.
Second!

Although related to the Pandora or dragon, some names won't fit well in a marketing sense.

Phoenix is nice, but it has been used a lot already.

I still like Pyragon. In terms of logo, I kind of like the "letters fit together" style, like this: (but done better than what I can do in 5 minutes of gimping)

pyragon.png

There could of course still be a more abstract logo on top of that.

Are decorative shortcuts "in", these days? Something like "Dragonbox DX" or maybe "Pyragon Pro". Or maybe numbers "1337 Dragon" or whatever...

I still like Pyragon. In terms of logo, I kind of like the "letters fit together" style, like this: (but done better than what I can do in 5 minutes of gimping)

pyragon.png

Nice Logo. :) But maybe to complex to recognize and realize. Keep it simple so people can identify the Logo even from far distance. ^^

Please post snesfan logo here, I want to see it.

As for names, I like dragonbox. But I'd prefer the "Pandora" name if that would be possible.

Could name it after a particular evil dragon, monster, or species, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_dragons_in_literature

Fafnir, Glaurung, Grendel, Melkor, Balrog... probably not Toothless.

Open Glaurung sounds bad-ass. Maybe copyright issues.

Just a quick info:

Please also check that the main domains are still available (like .de, .org, .com)

It won't help much if we cannot get the domains ;)

pyragon.png

Sorry, I dislike that.

I prefer some abstract thing like the Pandora Logo.

No Word, please.

pyragon.png

Sorry, I dislike that.

I prefer some abstract thing like the Pandora Logo.

No Word, please.
It's because you know it already.  If I don't tell people/you what this is, they/you would think that this is just some abstract logo.  ;)

Just a quick info:

Please also check that the main domains are still available (like .de, .org, .com)

Well... regular mythological names are used for a lot of stuff and usually already registered.

dracabox is available for all domains. Even dragonbox isn't available for all domains :)

Just a quick info:

openrhianon.de /net /org / com / info /eu : available

openglaurung.de /net /org /com /info /eu : available

Back