Finding a proper name and logo :)

I like that font better for the text "DragonBox". Also, I like the red. :)

-God Ginrai
Thanks. Sadly it's not a real font, I just didn't found one so I just drawn the letters basicly freehand in Photoshop. ^^" ED mentioned red as fav. Colour for the logo so I just used it. I guess he or we should start to define the "official" logo colours in hex at best so people can work with it. :)
Predicting an incoming 'Pyra-chan'.

More random:

grad4.png

I'm still partial to the first design I posted that was derived from the Pandora icon though.
This looks interesting but has one major problem: The words Dragonbox and Pyra are not seperated this way. If the Company "DRAGONBOX" has another product, let's call it "Haku", how do you want to solve this without altering the Company logo itself? Company name should be always separate from the actual product logo, even if they appear together. ;)
That's a good point. Unless it was ensured that all future DragonBox devices will begin with the letter [P] :)

...then it'll work
Easily solved.

Make the Dragonbox starting with a regular D and smaller.

Make the d Part of the P more open so that it isn't a d any more but simply the lower part of a big P.

Increase size of yra.

That way Dragonbox stands on it's own and doesn't dominate that much.

Pyra on the other Side will be bigger the and also stand on it's own.

That'll do it :)

I just nabbed this flame shape and added to it, what I was thinking was a flame outline which had a dragon spine to it [the spiky bits], with the letter [P] on a middle circle.

Some goes with the [P], think the old PYRA flame style [P] would also look ok in it

2ynie4w.png

I just nabbed this flame shape and added to it, what I was thinking was a flame outline which had a dragon spine to it [the spiky bits], with the letter [P] on a middle circle.
Some goes with the [P], think the old PYRA flame style [P] would also look ok in it
I like the third one. Also noticed that if you slightly kinda rotate that swirl you get a D with a P inside of it.

dp.jpg

That'll do it :)

2ynie4w.png
Take the P of the middle logo.

That's the one we need for the big dragon :) .

Adjust it a bit and that's it I think.

ah, smart thinking DFP.

It actually looks nicer at that angle anyway, the [D] being there too is a bonus. Well spotted

vgop5w.png

But the middle spiral [P/D] is a bit Debian looking... I blame ED for wearing that shirt and affecting my subconscious :)

More random:

grad4.png

I'm still partial to the first design I posted that was derived from the Pandora icon though.
I like that logo a lot. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is an attempt to make an all-capitals PYRA ambigram without the box:

pyralogo9c.png
Nice concept. This would make the logo readable from top and down, very practical if you put the logo onto the Pandora Lid ontop. :) It may need some polishing but the idea is already good, something different than the usual Logos.
Need to stop this.

pyra-rotsym.png
Wu-Tang Clan?  :D

Don't stop, as more designs as better. At the end, we mix up ALL logos and this will be the final logo - whatever comes out. ;)

_wb_: I don't like your one. Aggressive. Unfriendly. Brutal. Is what comes to my mind.

I would like something cute. Maybe also strong, but not the way yours or comradekingu's are strong.

my_serious_business.jpg

Please no, just no.
 That's not... exactly... what I had in mind.

A version of the ambigram 2D box with more friendly curves. I hope this one is not too "Aggressive. Unfriendly. Brutal." :)

pyralogo9.png
 Now it looks arrogant instead.

Yet another ambigram 2D box (add dragon wings if you like), this time it says PYRA and not PYRa

pyralogo9b.png
 Hmmm... pointy. Abrupt. Somewhat inelegant.

pyralogo9c.png
I think I would like that one very much if it didn't look like individual lines and arcs nailed on top of each other if you get what I mean.
There are also other ones I like, but as I'm lazy, critical and sometimes I guess a little negative I don't feel the need to comment on them as strongly as with ones I dislike. Just continue, nice! Maybe I should go press some like buttons till I run out of them.

Edit:

So I can't just click like there because I only like that one and the others a little less.

pyralogo9c.png
Works as well in text form: ∀ꓤRA  :)  

Need to stop this.

pyra-mobius-flame.png

too mobius/S-like. Add an I between the R and A, then it reads "Syria" and you could use it for some campaign for syrian refugees.

pyra-rotsym.png

too unclear. Can be anything combination in p[yu][Γr][ad]. IMHO use either fancy lines for fancy, half unreadable characters or clear and simple lines for simple characters, but never clear lines for fancy characters. (does this make sense what I'm trying to say?)

pyra-mob-mod.png

better than the first one, but doesn't really work on monochrome
So far, I like DFP's idea the best, except for the flaws already mentioned by others (dragonbox too large, pyra too small, what if the next one doesn't start with a p?)

More random:

grad4.png

Back