Finding a proper name and logo :)

From what came up my mind when reading the Threads of propper/improper and seeing the POLL derailing  in no time, here is the ultimate name:

WHATEVER

(followed by a random number based on the unix time stamp in seconds, every time someone searches the word "ravepnrefwbnvbias" at google)

From what came up my mind when reading the Threads of propper/improper and seeing the POLL derailing  in no time, here is the ultimate name:

WHATEVER

(followed by a random number based on the unix time stamp in seconds, every time someone searches the word "ravepnrefwbnvbias" at google)
In my current job as a rave reviewer I have a certain bias towards the pn-ref. (point notation reference) of the local wbnv (winter busrave norway venue) suffice to say i suffer from a bad case of: ravepnrefwbnvbias 

here is the ultimate name:

WHATEVER

"WHATEVER" has 170.000.000 hits on google, really a bad choice. ravepnrefwbnvbias on the other hand definitely has great potential :)

Last edited by a moderator:
@Poll thread, not to spam it: They still all don't sound good and or roll off the tongue, especially in a German conversation. Plus too martial.

But glad we've established that Dargonbox can't be the device's name.

I see there's other poll threads with shortlist names, but still think some others could be considered eh :) Even if just for fun

How about some palindrome style words, which don't have to be actual real words seeing as looking to create a new name.

I like these as they can read back to front, I was then thinking about ones which also read upside down too, some letters have good symmetry like 'H', 'I', 'O', 'M', 'n', 'u', 'W', 'X'. 'V'. 'T', 'Y'...

Perhaps could think of something good along these lines?

I had a little think but is late so best I came up with was 'noxou'.

Which using the lowercase letters, can be read both back to front and upside down.

I'd pronounce this like "Nox~oo"

I'm not sure if in other Countries this would read as something different?

Then thought the letters could make a nice little logo, the one done at the top of this image, where the 'n', 'x' and 'u' letters curve into the line:

2corhaq.png

VIXIA and NIXIN were others I thought of along this style, but I quite like the first one myself

Or just thinking, without the horizontal bars;

2946wbb.png

...or a little bit Vaio looking? :)

I like the idea, but "noxou" (noxious?), "vixin" (vixen?) and "nixin" (Nixon?) would be terrible names :)

Keep looking!

Letters like d o b g o p  might also work by the way...

Maybe somthing that mean totaly different things, like the pandora perhaps means totally different things to the user and the one that looks at the user...

^ why would you want it to say qop?

....and in what way is dragonode palindromic?

I'm confused.

The logo itself ambigrammatical, if thats the word for it,

qop  quest / quintessence of pandora

dob  dragonodebox

dragonodenextlevel5.png

Flip the logo around and one follows the other in the same order.

in the middle it goes both ways.

q        o       p

q/d     o      p/b

d        o       b

The logo is ambigramatical to the acronym that forms the name.

If you want it to be palindromic the box is an ode to the dragon.

Edit: A follow up name for the next one in line could be dragoninbox (prononced like rounin)

As a homage to schrödingers cat.

The recursive acronym that forms the name (dib, for short) is also palindromic in that its dragon in box, box in dragon.

with some goodwill you can see a dib in the logo. Alternativly a box in a d, or a d in a box, depending on how you want to see it.

Since the plural of box is boxen (as we all know) it can be dibs.

A third name could be dragonaidbox

Not sure about shortform naid here, but a dragonaid box, reversed box aid dragon.

there is a dAb at the bottom of the logo.

As a last name, dragonodin   -box

with short form odin,  dob in the middle of the logo.

TL;DR  (n)ode, dib(s), (n)aid, odin

Edit: bonus if you can find the whole "dragonode" in the logo, in all lowercase letters.

Also possible in highercase

The logo itself ambigrammatical, if thats the word for it, (not palindromic)

qop  quest / quintessence of pandora

dob  dragonodebox

Flip the logo around and one follows the other in the same order.

The logo is ambigramatical to the acronym that forms the name.
No, your logo is symmetrical from multiple directions. Ambigrams are by definition made up of words, not just graphics.

It would be a case of using visual trickery to make 'Dragonnode' read exactly the same if read upside-down. Please take a closer look at the ambigram links I provided. Those are words in those pictures.

Hence the ambigrammatical and not ambigram.

can be spelled in elder futhark, and that qualifies as  a ambigram palindrome because ᛝ is one letter

or  ᛝþ   *ingwaz  ?*þurisaz

or ᛜᛁᛜᚦ n i n th

Edit: look into the logo and you will find more than meets the eye.

Back