Finding a proper name and logo :)

Its option nr 2. :)

There are many ways to be weird in being clever, or vice versa (being me is just one of them. /one of which is being me.)

Nevermind the nerdiness, just pick one you like or give feedback.

Dragonode  (box) an ode to the dragon (ED)   node for short

dragonin      (box) shrödingers cat                    the dib  or dibs for short

dragonaid   (box) aid to or from the dragon      an aid or naid for short

dragonodin (box) Valfadir                                  oooooooodin

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't really like any of those Dragon* options, especially since it has already been established that the "product line" or "brand name" will be DragonBox.

I like Pyra (or Pyragon). Pyrrha is also nice, but it is hard to spell and the "rrh" sequence of letters is rare and mostly associated with bad stuff like diarrhea, gonorrhea, haemorrhages, etc.

personally i'd go with Pyrrha as its a natural progression from Pandora and the unusual spelling would [a] make it distictive and make it easy to find on an internet search engine

personally i'd go with Pyrrha as its a natural progression from Pandora and the unusual spelling would [a] make it distictive and make it easy to find on an internet search engine

I like Pyrrha too, but I'm afraid the "rrh" makes it look too much like diarrhea, gonorrhea, pyorrhea, catarrh, cirrhosis, and hemorrhages, none of which are particularly pleasant. In fact the only non-disturbing English word with "rrh" in it seems to be myrrh.

Its not a rehashing of the dragonbox name, its an addition to the middle part.

Pyrrha is a traditional spelling of a mythological name. In turn spelling disaster if you dont mix it up or add to it. Also, the domains arent available.

My thoughts on the names that are up for vote now.

I like Pyrrha too, but I'm afraid the "rrh" makes it look too much like diarrhea, gonorrhea, pyorrhea, catarrh, cirrhosis, and hemorrhages, none of which are particularly pleasant. In fact the only non-disturbing English word with "rrh" in it seems to be myrrh.

Personally i think the spelling is cool and with the right font could look very distinctive, as far as english language is concerned its structure is a complete mess so you shouldnt worry too much about other words, and i dont think that people would connect a particular phoneme with negative connotations.

Those nasty words are spelled that way in English because they're all derived from Greek too. That means that similar words also exist in most other European languages.

But I guess you're right, a special spelling is cool in a way. The argument that it is easy to find on a search engine assumes that you're able to spell it correctly though...

even if you spell it wrong if you prefix it with Dragonbox you're not going to go far wrong as far as search results go

Unfortunately english is prevalent, and any other spellings besides pyra, which is not available, and then its pyrrah. Mix it up with something.

Dragonbox - pyragon ok, what is the naming scheme?

edit: product and company already called pyragon, start again.

DragonBox Pony

dragon_pony__hear_me_roar__by_shokka_chan-d5gfz19.png

Dragonbox is established as the selected name for the device. The codename, as per how debian does it, is what is being voted on. 

Ie. how to differ one dragonbox from the other.

The Name should be DragonBox...

As it seems pretty much clear people like the name "DragonBox", but DragonBox itself is not a good name (too many syllables), so we had the idea naming the general device "DragonBox" and then use different names for future models (like DragonBox Miriad, DragonBox Pyragon, etc.).

Similar to Debian Wheezy, Debian Squeeze, etc.

Therefore I decided to cancel the current poll and restart it - to find the best model name for the first new unit.

Voting will end December 13th.

dragonpotion works, doesnt seem to be in use. It requires a mental remap of potion to box, unless its potionbox.

Nice graphics! I hope we are making potions for the dragons and not potions of the dragon, but thats semantics.

Its not a rehashing of the dragonbox name, its an addition to the middle part.
DragonBox is already a compound name, I wouldn't add a third part to it.
In the sense that a box is a computer i think it makes sense?

Then how can we get something that is shorter than the three syllable dragonbox? While it being trademarkable and searchable.

Back