"Exciting news"

emil10001 said:
By final case, do you mean the clear CNC case on its way to MWeston?

Something tells me that MWeston already has the clear CNC case... I'm not sure how they're going to be able to show us FINAL (injection-molded) cases, seeing as they needed MWeston to OK the clear CNCed case, but I'll remain hopeful. Maybe there's something we don't know.

craigix said:
They keyboard print is an easy fix, it won't add any time to the project.
Where have we heard similar before... OH YEAH!
Official Blog said:
You've seen it and you read it, it fits quite good (better than we expected) - but not PERFECT. There is SOME stuff to be fixed, but nothing that major.
Weren't we also told that "nothing that major" wouldn't cause a delay?

WizardStan said:
craigix said:
They keyboard print is an easy fix, it won't add any time to the project.
Where have we heard similar before... OH YEAH!
Official Blog said:
You've seen it and you read it, it fits quite good (better than we expected) - but not PERFECT. There is SOME stuff to be fixed, but nothing that major.
Weren't we also told that "nothing that major" wouldn't cause a delay?

CNC cases require multiple weeks (or close to it) to make. Making a mold takes a lot of time. Changing the image that is used for printing the labels onto the key mat requires just pointing the software to a different image/file. It doesn't require actually making anything different. This guaranteed doesn't delay anything (unless they decide to delay stuff to make a change to the layout, which is HIGHLY unlikely).

Everyone is fed up of waiting, including OP team. This thread is pointless and has drifted way off topic several times. People are just regurgitating things others have previously said.

Vorporeal said:
CNC cases require multiple weeks (or close to it) to make. Making a mold takes a lot of time. Changing the image that is used for printing the labels onto the key mat requires just pointing the software to a different image/file. It doesn't require actually making anything different. This guaranteed doesn't delay anything (unless they decide to delay stuff to make a change to the layout, which is HIGHLY unlikely).
The point was that we keep getting told that "problem X will not cause a delay" only to find out that we have in fact been delayed, either directly or indirectly. Sometimes I'm glad to be kept in the loop, but on the other hand there's something to be said for warranted radio silence.

We're told things like "X will take 30 days" but the thing is we're never told when that 30 days will begin it's count down, they also tend to say "barring any changes" but people seem to ignore that part and simply start bitching when they find that something had to be changed.

It's hard to say something has been delayed when even the time they give you isnt all that set in stone to begin with.

Back