EvilDragon's Pre-Order Survey Thread

Do we have any legal ways to get our money back from Craig?
When he says there are no assets, that is the one thing I'm prepared to believe. I don't know how he burned through it all, but if there's nothing then there's nothing. If someone contacts a lawyer and they request liquidation there may be some stuff they could sell, but what? Maybe $10'000? $20'000? That'd work out to a $20-$40 refund for everyone, assuming he doesn't have any creditors beyond the customers he never sent to. I don't think it's worth your time, but a lot of lawyers do free consultations and could offer you actual legal advice.
As said many times before, there is no way to get money from Craig, and the company has no money. All you'd be doing is spending your own money, and if you have that money to spend you would be better spending it on an upgrade through ED's store, at least you'd see something at the end of it then.

Whilst being annoyed at Craig is fair enough, again I wouldn't waste your energy. Do it if it makes you feel better by all means.

A more constructive use for this anger would be to save it up in case he embarks on iControlPad 3 or anything else that requires investment, and then unleash it on whatever public outlet you can to ensure anyone in future who gives him money knows they are highly unlikely to see any of it back.

As said many times before, there is no way to get money from Craig, and the company has no money. All you'd be doing is spending your own money, and if you have that money to spend you would be better spending it on an upgrade through ED's store, at least you'd see something at the end of it then.

Whilst being annoyed at Craig is fair enough, again I wouldn't waste your energy. Do it if it makes you feel better by all means.

A more constructive use for this anger would be to save it up in case he embarks on iControlPad 3 or anything else that requires investment, and then unleash it on whatever public outlet you can to ensure anyone in future who gives him money knows they are highly unlikely to see any of it back.
The reason to invest time (and maybe money) in this now IS to prevent him from being able to do this over and over again.

If he already started a new product with some investors because nobody told the officials about his prior activities, the ship is sunk already, while its debarking should be prevented in the first place.

Last edited by a moderator:

Whatever the excuse is I don't care. Can't you see who's name is behind what is pointless? You think I care if EvilRyu, Criaig or whoever was behind what. I don't need all that explanation, this is about money not clearing who they or he or who what was. I don't care about that egocentric crap. I said they as in whoever's in charge. Enough with the meaningless information. All I know is I purchased it from this site, it could be They, he, She, It i could care less. it was from this site.

A bunch of brainwashed mindless sheep if you ask me. Take it as a learning lesson, accept your mistake, own up to it. And quit trying to place blame on the customer and rush to defend EvilRyu like he's supposed to be somebody of importance. I could give two squirts of piss who Craig or ryu is. It aint about them. So cancel all that bs

You might as well be going into a McDonald's and asking for your Open Pandora refund as EvilDragon has as much legal responsibility for your pandora trouble as your local McDonalds. He is doing a nice thing by eating away at any potential profit he could have made by offering the upgrade path. The pandora isn't making him a cent thanks to Craig's mess and has cost him a small fortune. ED has not received a cent of your money, just like your local McDonald's.

There is one person to blame for the mess you are in now and it is Craig. He is the one who pissed your money away. To be honest I think Craig has done some illegal things and it would only take one person who is affected to report him to get him pinned on it.

And also coming there and shouting on everyone is not a good idea either, lots of this forum member, simple customers actually donate money to resolve this situation and it may result in you getting your pandora. be angry against Craig, you have all the right but he's not there on this board, and he probably won't ever comeback...

keep-calm-and-act-like-a-sir-10.png

Yes I really had to at that time (position 3900-4000).

I even went to ED shop when I selected that I wanted to order I was directed the Craigs shop. I was forced to, I didn't have any option to choose the DE shop.

I also payed via bank transfer to Craigs shop (the UK shop) also allowed that, at the time.
I ordered my first batch pandora really late (initial contact with ED 28/10/2009, order setup on 10/11/09, payment completed the 16/11/09).
I don't know when you tried, but people were able to order even later than me from ED.
I've ordered mine 2010-05-19 the payment was though at 2010-05-26.

If you didn't order your device around the same time from the Netherlands unless you've configured the www.openpandora.org server you can talk as much as you want as you want to. But your situation wasn't comparable.

So please stop reacting like this until come up with some real proof, I know exactly what I did I not an idiot!

Well, you didn't lose your money, you can still get the upgrade to the 1GHz unit. Yes, that does cost money, but your original payment + the upgrade payment is cheaper than the 1GHz price when the unit has been released.
How much will the Upgrade cost. Is it still the price I choose in the survey?
Yes, you can still use any value to upgrade using community donations (takes a while) or 300 EUR without any community help and get it right away. 
I think that 300 EUR is a ridiculous amount. I'll be paying 100 EUR more that someone who didn't invest i.e. didn't take risk. I've already payed  € 298.22 (on top of that DEV FUND DONATION €15.00) and the current price is 499,00 €.

I really feel not being appreciated as a day an early adapter, I'm being treated worst then a new customer.

I certainly won't invest in openpandora project anymore.

I have question what will be a chance that you will release a openpanda 2?

If there will be a openpandora 2, do you know when it might appear and what the specs will be?

I really feel not being appreciated as a day an early adapter, I'm being treated worst then a new customer.
Yes, and no. Mostly no, but a little yes.EvilDragon is treating new customers very well because they are his customers. These are people giving EvilDragon money in exchange for a Pandora right now.

You are not EvilDragon's customer. You are Craigix's customer. The person treating you poorly is Craig. EvilDragon did not receive any money you paid for a Pandora, you are not his customer and he is under no obligation to send you one.

What he is doing is using his own profits from sales he is making, plus some donations, to give Craig's unfortunate customers such as yourself a discount. Craig has closed up shop, the situation is basically a company that was selling stuff and now has gone completely out of business: your money is gone, the company is gone, the product is gone. Now there is another, completely different company that is willing to sell you a Pandora at a discount.

Alright so where do I go to request a upgrade. I wasn't really frustrated about the money, I was more irked by how everybody here are quick to scramble and desperately try to defend them like this is acceptable business practices. Whoever "they" is I don't care, save that crap for a judge or something. I'm merely a customer, why are you trying to hard to prove your case to me?

When I read the email, I didn't quite understand what it meant which is why I came here. I've only glanced at this forum maybe a handful of times over the years. I purchased it on a whim back in 2010 when I was on my little PSP homebrew phase but I didn't really put much thought into it afterward. Since then I kinda lost interest in programming and homebrew. I might get back into it soon but I'm more concerned about coming up with rent money than to devote a bunch of time and energy on this.

So I decided to look back at my order. It turns out my order cost more than I remembered. I purchased it on 7/23/10 for £277.56 which is roughly $450. I don't recall seeing a option to choose who to purchase it from, all I know is it said openpandora.org and that's why I'm here. Whatever the case I don't care. I didn't come here for excuses, I came here for solutions.

Here's a snapshot of my order, I don't even remembered what I requested.

pandoraorder.jpg

I was more irked by how everybody here are quick to scramble and desperately try to defend them like this is acceptable business practices.
Quote me a single person who said this was acceptable and I will point you to pages upon pages of posts that detail exactly why it is entirely unacceptable in every possible way. You only think people are defending it because you have refused to listen to reason and understand the explanations given to you.
Whoever "they" is I don't care, save that crap for a judge or something. I'm merely a customer, why are you trying to hard to prove your case to me?
So someone screwed you over and you don't actually care who "they" are that did so? You just want to go on what appears to be the correct place and yell at everyone, not listening when people try to calmly explain what the situation is and why you're getting mad at the wrong people?Would you also walk into a Ford dealership and tell them what shitty service they have because your Honda broke down? They both sell cars, you don't care who "they" are that sold you a lemon, you just demand that it be fixed.

I didn't come here for excuses, I came here for solutions.
No one has given excuses, we've given you information, facts so that you can understand the situation and make an informed decision about your options. You've chosen time and again to ignore that information.Your options are this: accept that OpenPandora LTD, Craig's company, the company you bought from, is bankrupt and your money is gone. Contact a lawyer, force them into liquidation, and maybe there might be something left to refund you, but it is very important in such a case that you know exactly who "they" are, or realize that that is too much of a hassle and drown your sorrows in alcohol. Understand that a completely different company exists that is also selling Pandoras with some success, and that you be careful not to confuse the two. This second company, run by EvilDragon, which you may not have even heard of, has taken pity on Craig's customers and is offering to sell a brand new 1Ghz Pandora at a discounted rate, below manufacturing cost, with the difference made up in his own profits and community donations. Yes, this means putting more money forward, but you were not his customer: he doesn't have to do this, it is generosity. Ignoring EvilDragon from this entirely, the situation is that you ordered from a company and that company went bankrupt: you have no options, your money is gone. Accepting that EvilDragon and Craigix are two different entities, you are given the option of upgrading.

If you want to move forward, accept the offer of a discount from EvilDragon's store, go to his contact us page, select the Sales Team, and send them a request. I believe the current upgrade amount is 300EUR, for that you would get a brand new 1Ghz Pandora with twice as much RAM as the original in a stronger silver case which is currently retailing for 420EUR.

Dude - how many times do people have to tell you? You didn't buy anything from anybody "here" - you paid a guy, who's address is in the screenshot you posted.

The only person being defended on "here" is Evil Dragon, who will give you the item you paid somebody else for, for 25% of what you paid.

That's all there is to it.

[ninja'd by Wizard Stan]

alright guys, enough with the tired excuses. I told you i don't care about that dumb chit.
Very well, continue to yell at Ford about your broken Honda. I won't let you discourage me from giving people willing to listen the information they need to resolve their problems.

alright guys, enough with the tired excuses. I told you i don't care about that dumb chit.
Very well, continue to yell at Ford about your broken Honda. I won't let you discourage me from giving people willing to listen the information they need to resolve their problems.
as long as you realize that I'm right and you're wrong than everything is everything. thanks for proving me right. next?

as long as you realize that I'm right and you're wrong than everything is everything. thanks for proving me right. next?
You tell me exactly what you want and I will very carefully explain to you why it cannot be.

You tell me exactly what you want and I will very carefully explain to you why it cannot be.
All i want from you is to cancel all the snarky attitude and condescending remarks. And I'll do the same. I'm merely a customer who purchased it from this site, you shouldn't get offended by the most technical and minuscule error in detail. Now I'm just asking for someone who can help guide me to where I'm supposed to go to request a upgrade.After reading all the stuff about this Craigx guy the last thing I want to do is have a conversation with him.

You think this has been snarky? I have literally given you information, nothing more. I explained that Craigix and EvilDragon are two different companies and provided the link you needed to request information from EvilDragon about getting an upgrade, but you have refused, once again, to even attempt to understand anything. You have made up your mind about the universe and no amount of information seems to make you want to see what needs to be done. Now you will wait for someone else to provide you the information I already gave you.

After reading all the stuff about this Craigx guy the last thing I want to do is have a conversation with him
His company is bankrupt, there is nothing he could do for you even if you were to contact him. Even if you did want to have a conversation with him you probably wouldn't be able to get a response. We've been trying for months because, as I said and you ignored, his business practices are deplorable. But you don't care about "little details" like that.

https://www.dragonbox.de/

Evil dragons shop. Only evildragon aka michael mrocjeck can supply you with a pandora now. If you wish to upgrade your order it can only be done through him.

Craig cannot be trusted and is no longer operating openpandora ltd. Ed handles all of craigs existing pandora orders, some 500 i believe.

nuff said. :)

im at openpandora.org which is the site i ordered it from. checking the url, it's http://boards.openpandora.org. if you're expecting me to be psychic i'm not. 

as for the excuses you guys keep posting, why would i want to spend more than 5 seconds reading a bunch of meaningless drivel? what just to get a interesting read? i aint here for all that. see that's the problem with people in the homebrew community, they devote too much time into mindless bickering and useless info they never get anything finished. less time worried about who is who and what is what means more time in getting shit completed. that's how i look at it.

if you dont have any solutions, then you are of no use. you're excused. be gone.

People are helping you, calmly and patiently, people who are also donating money that helps to pay for the item you are asking about. Please stop reading into their help "snarky attitude" there is no attitude.

Again:

"If you want to move forward, accept the offer of a discount from EvilDragon's store, go to his contact us page, select the Sales Team, and send them a request. I believe the current upgrade amount is 300EUR, for that you would get a brand new 1Ghz Pandora with twice as much RAM as the original in a stronger silver case which is currently retailing for 420EUR. "

http://www.dragonbox.de/ is the link. Please start there.

Back