Everything still going smooth? (2011-11-18)

mine also shipped back from ED couple days ago. although i could swear FaeMinx RMA'd it before me, but that one comes from africa and i dont know your shipping/customs situation

Well, I know for a fact that she reached at least Frankfurt over a week - 2 weeks ago... I couldn't track it any further as I didn't know who to contact. So my thoughts are that it must be with ED by now, but there are still a few Pandoras ahead of me in the RMA que.

It's painfull not knowing for certain where she is, so I try not to think about it... :unsure:

As for molds, according to Chinese law (if there were no changes within about last 3 years), if they were used (and there are visible traces of it) it's illegal to export them out of China.
OK, that's news. ^^" A while ago where the Case production doesn't went so well, Craig thought about bringing the molds to England and produce the Pandora Cases there. No clue if this would have been successful. However, now there are enough Pandora Cases available, also for the next batch of Units.

I do live/work in China for last 7-8 years and last 2.5-3 years I do work on supervising manufacturing of electronics.
Cool. :) 2 Years ago, the OP-Team could need guys like you, I assume. ^^

Good to know. Hopefully by the time I'm done with my one month on the road with my dad in January, my Pandora will be ready!

I like the details, but I can't quite read in between the lines sometimes. What exactly is the plan for the second half of Batch 1? Are those going to be made with parts from China as they arrive (and is that expected?) or are they not going to be in production until January 16th?

Last edited:
Some Pandora parts are already out of production, so we had to find some equivalents but that's already been taken care of as well.
What parts exactly are we talking about here? I am assuming it's nothing severe though...

Some Diodes (no big deal) and only one important part: The Memory.

But Micron (the manufacturer of the memory we used) has replacements for those as well, so nothing serious, nope.

Now... I wasn't paying attention to the last few weeks, but when you say "Prototype", are you guys going with new processors?

Now... I wasn't paying attention to the last few weeks, but when you say "Prototype", are you guys going with new processors?

While I'm doing a test with the new processor as well (just to be sure we can switch to them anytime in case the old OMAP will not be produced anymore sometime in the future - you never know), the prototype run has nothing to do with that.

Everytime you produce a PCB with a company, you need to do a prototype run first to see if the machine is properly setup and the bare PCBs are properly produced.

in case the old OMAP will not be produced anymore sometime in the future

LOL Imagine, one reason for me to order the pandora was the fact that it would have been the first device an OMAP3.

Now we are thinking about the time when the OMAP3 is no longer available and I still haven't my Pandora :)

I know, there are lots of posts telling us how long they have waited. However, I ordered at the beginning of October 2008, So 7 days or something after the pre-order started.

No complaining over here. Got an Android phone and now a Android tablet in the mean time to play with. And I even started to code on my 8-Bit Atari again. As long as i get a unit from the German production I am happy. :p

Hey CreatureXL,

Nice to see you around here again. Hope you'll get your unit soon!

1. Prototype production

Prototype production is still planned to happen in November, it might also be early December though (depending on the speed of FedEx and the customs).

These few days delays don't change the January full production run which is scheduled to start January 16th.

The only thing that could REALLY delay the production run would be problems with the prototype run - but we'll hope (and expect) everything goes well here.

does everything go well?

do you know if the prototype is on the way?

1. Prototype production

Prototype production is still planned to happen in November, it might also be early December though (depending on the speed of FedEx and the customs).

These few days delays don't change the January full production run which is scheduled to start January 16th.

The only thing that could REALLY delay the production run would be problems with the prototype run - but we'll hope (and expect) everything goes well here.

does everything go well?

do you know if the prototype is on the way?

Planned for sometime next week, full production run still planned to start January 16th.

I'd post more (will do that tomorrow ;) ), but I'm too tired right now :(

Back