Everything still going smooth? (2011-11-18)

thatgui

Advanced Member
Well - almost!
Everything was going WELL too well for the last few weeks, therefore something HAD to go wrong.
I'm happy to tell you it's nothing too serious - but just read on, and you'll know :)

1. Prototype production

Prototype production is still planned to happen in November, it might also be early December though (depending on the speed of FedEx and the customs).
These few days delays don't change the January full production run which is scheduled to start January 16th.
The only thing that could REALLY delay the production run would be problems with the prototype run - but we'll hope (and expect) everything goes well here.

Quite a few parts are currently being shipped to me: USB Ports, volume wheels and soon the parts that are lying at CircuitCo as well. It was quite an act to prepare proper documentation for customs, but FedEx has already been given the confirmation to pick up the parts.

Some Pandora parts are already out of production, so we had to find some equivalents but that's already been taken care of as well.

So everything here is still in schedule.

2. TV Out Cable production

Well, I mentioned not everything is still going smooth as it should.
As soon as I got the confirmation for all the investments, I placed the order for the TV Out Cables - but suddenly the company doesn't want to do this anymore.
This is totally weird - they produce the samples, they created the needed tools and now when they only need to PRODUCE them, they don't want to do it.
They don't want to get our money? Weird. Well, that's China.

As said: It's not serious, as it won't affect the Pandora production and it's not hard to find another company. Such a cable is nothing complicated.
It's just annoying. I would've been happy to ship you the TV Out cables for christmas... but sadly, that didn't work out :(

That's all I have for now :)
I'll keep you updated with anything that happens :)
Quelle

Pandora-blog Eintrag

Back