Even more to see here (now)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yepp Thanks for the Update,
dit they found a Furhad and Jaffa Cakes on the Case Factory, in this case i think i know who was the suspect ^^
In this modern days, materials like copper, you wouldnt look at whit your ass in medievil times if you need something for your armor, are quite needed ^^,
Cool to hear its still going on,

Only issues whit the Venthole is see is that i need to open my Pyra once in a Month or so to clean the Inside..
Or the Heatsink is beneath the Vents, so there is no way dust can make it in the Pyra.. , i dotnt know..

The Blue Case is still an Option for me, this would be a great fit to my Blue Switch Lite, and the Blue Wristband of my Watch..

More thanks here. It's all too easy to forget how much things can move on... great progress! :)

Also I boo those thieves. I hope they didn't cause too much damage, and they pay for what they did.

sorry for the delay answering this days but as i promised i moved forward with the changes in the molds and samples, this saturday we will finish Black color and a new dark red .So next week i will send all complete samples with springs to ED .

PS: just taking extra measures for thieves .A lot of changes are happening here at the momment upgrading the security system
[doublepost=1568197807,1568196673][/doublepost]
More thanks here. It's all too easy to forget how much things can move on... great progress! :)

Also I boo those thieves. I hope they didn't cause too much damage, and they pay for what they did.

Here in greece the laws had been change a lot in the last 4 years and they free thieves from prison in 2-3 months. First time we encounter this situation and we thought was ok with the security measures we had, in 6 minutes they stole couple of coopers and in 8 minutes police came.When we finish this month with the extra security measures it will be imposible for them to steal again :) .

Attachments

• DSC_0705.JPG
    DSC_0705.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 460
So Craig will be the Supervillain ^^
Whit the Power of Jaffa Cakes, Fell of the Roof (sort of fly) and its Fur Head.. ^^

If we're going to consider these things using TV superhero adventures as an allegory...

No, it is time to let Craig's point in history be done and gone - that was a first series seasons one and two theme. We're in the second series season 3 now. No need to bring that one back out.

Only issues whit the Venthole is see is that i need to open my Pyra once in a Month or so to clean the Inside..
Or the Heatsink is beneath the Vents, so there is no way dust can make it in the Pyra.. , i dotnt know..
How often did you have to pick lint from the USB port or the headphone socket of your Pandora? Only difference here I guess it it's on the bottom so if you put it down on some moss, maybe something will get inside. I think it's on both sides of the metal heatsink to allow fresh air to enter the vanes of the heatsink, so there's the possibility that stuff trapped in there will wander about in that bottom section, rather than collect like lint.

Yep I did receive my prototype and have been starting to work on the boot process to make sure the device boots up nice and easy. Current boot process is a bit rocky. I’m also working on my build system now that I have something to test with to make it as easy as possible for any of you guys with with pyras to rebuild, modify, and unbrick ;)

I know it’s not as nice as photos or having one in your hands, but I wanted to give you guys some first impressions of the device all built up. It’s really nice. My units got a few cosmetic flaws here and there as they’re still working out this stuff with azouls, but it feels great. I haven’t had a chance to try any extended periods of time playing games or anything, but it’s very comfortable to hold and the buttons feel natural and comfortable. Especially the shoulder buttons.

ED I do have a couple notes about the shoulder buttons. You may have already thought of this, but the right shoulder button seems pretty close to the LCD cable and I’m worried it might damage it with excessive shoulder button usage. This could just be my unit though :). Also the shoulder button spring mod works really well, but it would be good to have a little nub poking out where the spring meets the case that it can wrap around (like the smaller shoulder buttons, but on the main case). Just so they don’t pop out of place.

I think he means the stuff on the table, much of which I guess is your knife collection. Whether you've also got the classic spoon, lighter and syringe combo there I couldn't say.

I mean you can always bring back old villains. All it takes is some dark ritual involving alcoholic cakes, burning vans and volcanic ash.
Also, what's your order number?

Reactions: rSl
Yep I did receive my prototype ....

... the right shoulder button seems pretty close to the LCD cable ...

Congratulations, on getting your pyra. I am so excited to know about how it feels to use.
Does the shoulder button touch LCD cable during it's movement ? or it just comes close ? May be it's just with your device ??

Can you tell us bit more about how it performs ? like,
How long does it take to boot till default DE ( i think xfce4 or maybe mate) becomes usable ? How long it takes to load firefox or libreoffice ? Does it slow down if you start them together ?
If you have time, can you make the same comparison while running openbox or i3 or cwm ?

Congratulations, on getting your pyra. I am so excited to know about how it feels to use.
Does the shoulder button touch LCD cable during it's movement ? or it just comes close ? May be it's just with your device ??

Can you tell us bit more about how it performs ? like,
How long does it take to boot till default DE ( i think xfce4 or maybe mate) becomes usable ? How long it takes to load firefox or libreoffice ? Does it slow down if you start them together ?
If you have time, can you make the same comparison while running openbox or i3 or cwm ?

Here's a photo of the shoulder button against the cable. I've since shaved it down but its roughly the same.

I've been working on the bootloader, so haven't really even booted the thing :) I booted it fully once or twice and it didn't take very long. Maybe 10s, 15 max? I can do some measurements on that stuff soon. My focus is mainly the low-level stuff so I won't be getting too far into that kind of stuff for a bit. The things I'll be working on in the beginning involve solidifying the bootloader and improving the charger and audio drivers. Also making how-to guides and the like for all the fresh people out there.

I will say one thing, be careful with these prototypes. The OS is still not mature. It will be there soon, but I have already damaged my board in the process of trying to improve it. Not to say that you guys are all going to be manually fiddling with the hardware, but just saying :) One tip, the charging software is one of the most broken things (and my top priority). So if your battery is fully discharged, you likely will struggle to charge the battery. If you can't get it to boot into the kernel (where it ups the charge current, bootloader can't do this yet), just unplug it and open the back panel and pop out the CPU board. Let it charge for a good amount of time before you put it back together. This is currently the safest way to charge while not booted.

Attachments

• IMG-0561.JPG
    IMG-0561.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 413
Booting in 10 to 15s is very good I think.
The cable looks very close to the shoulder button, but I think it is the inner part of the button which shouldn't be moving much. Still if it can reduce the life of cable something needs to be done or it is probably done, as ED has posted some changes in the shoulder button.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back